The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Starting tomorrow they are replacing our sub station so the power will be off most of the daytime, repeated on Thursday and one day in November

Though we have gas central heating it needs electricity to drive the pump so we will have no heat

They offered me a generator because I am currently disabled but I refused, we will manage. A neighbour is bringing his Gaz camping stove so we can heat some soup and make a hot drink, and if I get really cold I will get under the duvet

Why they couldn't do this in Summer ……………….X(

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Did you ask them why? And you shouldn't have refused the help if you need it, especially as I've just checked your profile and seen your age. Bbetter to have it than not, they're paying for it and the energy you'll use, so no skin of your nose.

Losing the power in November is ridiculous.:cursing:

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• There was no choice, they decided they would do it and that was that

Don't worry, I didn't get to my age being spoon fed. We had a good grounding in survival after the war

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Stunning morning in London today. Looking out of my window just now and it looks like a summer's day, except when I first looked out of the window three hours ago, all the cars down my street were covered in ice. First time this year.

• Sunshine here too. No frost as it only went down to about 6°C overnight. Still pretty nippy going for the paper this morning.

Hazy high cloud out in the channel but that's the bad weather going in over France and the Channel Isles.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Thunder bolt struck last night so close we nearly jumped out of our skin. But the storm moved on over and shed its rain on my brother again. His trees are saved now, I think. What worries me is the lightning striking ours.

At the moment it's as hot as Hades again. I feel half dead, it;s awful. They forecast "tons of rain" on Thursday. I'll believe that when I see it.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Had no frost last night as the temperatures were around 6C and overall today, apart from shower or two, its been pretty decent in London today with lots of sunshine and still warm, as long as you're standing in the sun.

• Rained all night. Hoping for more today, but after all the rugby parties are over as this will depress all those sunshine loving saffers.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Glad to hear it.:) Wishing you more rain.

We have severe gales racing through here with rain, gusts of 113mph have been recorded

A day to bunker down and stay at home

Being in the Thames Valley, I'm sheltered (usually) from the worst of the weather, so I'm hoping that will be the same for these gales too.

• Rain has just arrived and the wind is getting up. Sea looked very busy as I was driving along the coast road.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I saw a "busy" sea when I went to Southend a few weeks ago. Fascinating. I could watch it all day, just not too close!^^

• Within the last hour 101MPH gust recorded off the Needles. (Isle of Wight). Very wet and dark now.

4312-gwban-gif

• I spoke too soon about being sheltered, looks like I'm going to get the winds too. Just gone pitch black, rain and wind just starting up.

• Just looked out down our road and there's wheelie bins all over the place. My Canary Island palm is thrashing about like a good 'un. If it really gets going the patio furniture ends up in the raised beds.

4312-gwban-gif

• Complete contrast today: Almost dead calm and sunny. Warming up nicely after a chilly start.

4312-gwban-gif

• Complete contrast today: Almost dead calm and sunny. Warming up nicely after a chilly start.

I think that was my weather yesterday too, but to be honest, I can't remember. A day is a long time for me...

Today, though, it is sunny and warm here in Londium.

• Quite a broad band of showers moving through at the moment. Heading inland NE towards the London area. More scattered ones behind that.

4312-gwban-gif

• Wish we could send you some of our weather LW. How long have you got to put up with it?

Quite a broad band of showers moving through at the moment. Heading inland NE towards the London area. More scattered ones behind that.

Got a bit of that, but most storms just "bounce" off my area.