The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Been raining non-stop day and night since last Thursday. Bucketing down as I write this :)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Been raining non-stop day and night since last Thursday. Bucketing down as I write this :)

Good.:) Your garden needs it, but is this normal for you to get so much rain at this particular time of year now? Your weather seems to go from one extreme to another with nothing in between.

Lovely and sunny in London today, but even as I type this, the light is very "sunset-ish" in nature with the sun so low in the sky. Glad I'm not a driver!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Yes, H. It's a sort of lucky dip as to whether you get something or nothing or get broiled in a heat wave. Winter is great, summer is a pot luck affair.

• Good.:) Your garden needs it, but is this normal for you to get so much rain at this particular time of year now? Your weather seems to go from one extreme to another with nothing in between.

Lovely and sunny in London today, but even as I type this, the light is very "sunset-ish" in nature with the sun so low in the sky. Glad I'm not a driver!

Know what you mean, the road from our place to anywhere involves driving straight into low sunlight

Had terrible gales here through the night, blew the roof off Sainsburys in Bude which will bigger up their Christmas. Calm now and quite mild and pkeasant

If They Can Do It So Can I

• Nasty situations developing where I am now as rivers flood and gush all over the place. An informal settlement in the township in my city is flooded. I'm so worried about one of our Zimbabwean handymen. He was supposed to come and fetch his pay this afternoon and he's not answering his phone and hasn't turned up. Hope to God he hasn't been swept away.

• That's terrible LW. To think you were only having a drought a few weeks ago. Hope he's okay. That water is moving very fast...

Know what you mean, the road from our place to anywhere involves driving straight into low sunlight

Had terrible gales here through the night, blew the roof off Sainsburys in Bude which will bigger up their Christmas. Calm now and quite mild and pkeasant

I saw the weather reports with Cornwall getting battered, glad its okay now.

• He turned up eventually, H. Thank the giant space gnome. He couldn't get the text messages because of power cuts. We are on one now. Generator chuffing away. Hail Thor 8)

• So much rain! Been pouring since last Thursday, day and night. The dam in our nature reserve is overflowing:

https://www.facebook.com/berne…/videos/2210724872362699/

8|

That flow is so fast, I hope no one is in the path of all that water. Utterly lethal.

He turned up eventually, H. Thank the giant space gnome. He couldn't get the text messages because of power cuts. We are on one now. Generator chuffing away. Hail Thor 8)

Glad he's okay, LW and I still like the setup that Mr Wing did with that generator. I'd love one in my garage if only to just to scare the cats away.:)

Lovely and sunny in London today.

More wind and rain here today, lets hope is has gone for Christmas day

I can't quite remember, but did you say you were on higher ground a few weeks ago?

• Had a brief shower and on the rain radar there's several more on their way. Sunny otherwise after a slight frost this morning.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• That flow is so fast, I hope no one is in the path of all that water. Utterly lethal.

Over a hundred shacks were washed away. A man saved his wife and child but was swept away in the flood and they found him drowned in his car. It's been chaotic. But hello sun today. Haven't seen it since Thursday last week. Had to endure another power cut (another one later on at 5 pm.) but have managed to get two loads of washing out. It will rain again, I suspect. Make hay while the sun shines at the moment.

• Had to go over to Brighton earlier this afternoon, with heavy showers the roads were awash and the spray and standing water was quite dangerous. Better on the way back later.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Amazing LW. Only a few weeks ago, it was rain you wanted and now the opposite. Sorry to hear about all the carnage caused by the floods.

As for me, overcast today in London, but currently dry.

• Wet since first thing and now getting very windy. Glad we got out early to vote before it gats nasty.

4312-gwban-gif

• Lovely sunny Sunday day in London, so not really any reason to moan. Oh, it's windy, there, terrible.^^

• A few short showers this morning but sunny and windy now.

4312-gwban-gif

• Been raining all night. Looks like it's just beginning to let up.

4312-gwban-gif

• Wet and miserable here too. Had a lot of rain yesterday.

Got to go, see you all later.

• Sorry LW. I assume all the rain has gone now.

• Yes, H, but more is forecast from Monday. Fingers crossed.

• I don't know about anywhere else, but London has had rather nice weather over the last few days. I even got a few rays myself yesterday for a minute.:)

• Rather nice day down here. Took a couple of hours off for a walk in the local woodland on the Angmering Park Estate. Gorse was flowering, plenty of mud, but the green wellies can handle it.

4312-gwban-gif

• Nice.:)

I had a decent walk about nine months ago now....