The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • No surprise there it's been so bloody cold all month.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Surprise, surprise. Bank Holiday weekend forecast: Cold, wet and NE winds especially in the south.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Really cold today, light showers and only 9°C. Fleece, scarf and beanie hat to go to the supermarket this afternoon.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well despite the doom forecast it's not been a bad day down here: Hazy sunshine and slight breeze. 13C

4312-gwban-gif

• This morning for me it was lovely sunshine and warm and I was busy in the garden and doing exactly the same thing yesterday too. In fact, it's been warm and mostly sunny over the last week. However, the weather is now changing. The sun has gone, it's getting windy and might get this heavy rain later if the forecasts turn out to be correct.

• Looking at the rain radar at the moment it looks like we'll get very little down here. Bet it'll blow though overnight.

4312-gwban-gif

• Windy overnight, they say that 90MPH was recorded at the Needles (Isle of Wight) but that's really exposed. Lots of debris on the footpaths and wheely bins blown down but the fences seem to have survived. It'll be a better day tomorrow. May 5th is always good weather, it's my birthday. :)

4312-gwban-gif

• Happy birthday for tomorrow, Heero! Yes, the weather is improving and the wind should gradually die down over the course of today.

A depression which will affect our weather on Friday/Saturday should introduce higher temperatures than we have been used to recently as it finally cuts off that Arctic flow of air.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Happy birthday for tomorrow, Heero!

Thank you. We'd normally go out for a meal but with Covid restrictions I'm not freezing my butt off outside.

A depression which will affect our weather on Friday/Saturday should introduce higher temperatures than we have been used to recently as it finally cuts off that Arctic flow of air.

Looking forwards to it warming up a bit.

4312-gwban-gif

• Thank you. We'd normally go out for a meal but with Covid restrictions I'm not freezing my butt off outside.

Looking forwards to it warming up a bit.

17 May isn’t far away. If I were you I would have a belated celebration indoors at a restaurant on or after 17 May!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If I were you I would have a belated celebration indoors at a restaurant on or after 17 May!

Yeah, think that's what we'll do.

Warmest day of the spring so far at ~16C. Unfortunately the strong breeze makes it still feel cold but the showers have stayed away and there's sunny periods.

4312-gwban-gif

• Sunny and breezy. Fairly typical of a showery day with south-west winds. All the showers head off inland. Only if something boils up over the Breast peninsula do we get rain.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!