The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I was outside this morning and it was overcast, but warm, but now have to be inside and guess what happened a few hours ago? The sun came out. It waited for us to go inside. :thumbdown:

• Last few days it started out clear and then clouded up. Today it's dreary right from the off: Had to put the lights on in the kitchen diner.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• More of the same all week, it seems. Scotland appears to be getting the better deal this time.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• More of the same all week

Looking at the pressure charts for the week: Thursday the wind becomes slightly south of east and hopefully some drier air will be imported off the continent and at least in the far South the cloud aught to break up.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• First day in I don't know how long that there's no cloud. August was just one long gloom. Hopefully September will be better.

4312-gwban-gif

• Yep! My favourite month.

Been enjoying the nice weather already and out in the garden over the last several days, although it has been mainly work of one kind or another.

August was just one long gloom.

Wasn't it just.

• Another nice day here but the Met office radar is showing some vicious storms going in to Cornwall and Devon from the channel with plenty of lightning as well. Slow moving cold/occluded front shown on the synoptic charts.

Forecast says they'll be for us tonight.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well that Indian Summer was short lived. Back to gloom, cold and damp. X(

4312-gwban-gif

• Dull and wet today. We could use the rain and thankfully it didn't come down like it has in London. Satellite pictures show a clearance coming in from the South-West over the channel so looks like the afternoon will pick up.

4312-gwban-gif

• Rather nippy first thing, dare I say Autumnal? Sunny periods at the moment but still chilly.

4312-gwban-gif

• It's a perfect autumn day here - sunny, 20 degrees. Not too hot, not too cold, just as I like it!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!