The Great British Weather Moan thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Intermittant rain with dark skies today. The overnight temperatures were between 1 degree and 2 degrees according to our trail camera which records nightime animal activity in the garden. (We have a coulple of resident hedgehogs which keep the slugs down) They will be going into hibernation soon.. We also have intermittant visits from a young fox.

The Voice of Reason

• Had a bad storm last night, but its all dried up now and nice and sunny, but windy. West London got flooded, but as usual these things blow themselves out by the time it comes to my area.

• I went out this morning to the garden centre. It was absolutely pouring down, but out were the great British public...in wellies and raincoats, walking their dogs and smiling at everyone they passed.

To quote Playschool.....we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not!

• I went out this morning to the garden centre. It was absolutely pouring down, but out were the great British public...in wellies and raincoats, walking their dogs and smiling at everyone they passed.

To quote Playschool.....we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not!

The mood might change when that cold front moves through tomorrow. We will replace balmy airs from the Caribbean with cold Arctic winds. Not nice!

• Sparkly sunshine but soo much colder. Yesterday was 18°C. Today it's barely 10°C

Winter draws on as they say.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Had lovely warm waerther in London for over a week now and even in the sun today, it was warm, but last night it went down to about 9C and starting to cool down now as I type this.

• Quite a decent day today. Bright sunshine and 14C. We sat out in the local's beer garden in shorts and T-shirts with a couple of cool pints of Stella. I was even able to dispatch a wasp with the newspaper that was making a nuisance of itself. There's only one good kind of wasp and that's a dead one. :)

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Very wet first thing but it's brightened up now. Driving along the coast road (A259) the tide was high and the sea was busy.

4312-gwban-gif

• Sunny down here at the moment 9°C. Met Office rain radar is showing some showers moving southwards from the Wash. I'll keep an eye on these as the laundry is out on the rotary line to dry. Don't have a tumble drier and with the cost of electricity these days it would be an expensive luxury.

4312-gwban-gif

• Agree! Unfortunately, my washing line is in the shade now for the next four months or so, so not a option for me.

Got a bit of frost last night for the first time! Woke up to see the neighbouring roofs covered in some white and very nice it looked too and as I type this, like Heero, brillant sun and about 11C.

• Not quite so chilly here as it was overcast and still is. 8°C at the moment. Some more showers heading in from The Wash so the third tranche of laundry is on hold. Good supply of smalls now. :)

4312-gwban-gif

• Nice sunny morning but a bit chilly. Looks like the clear patch will be gone this afternoon and the gloom will be back. :(

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!