The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Very cold nights now. Had the first almost frost Tuesday night and last night was a bit warmer, but the days are stunning. Cold, but the low level sun is fantastic, as long as you're not driving! :)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Storm Arwen is about to hit. Batten down those hatches. Met office has issued a RED weather warning for wind in NE Scotland together with snow so blizzards are expected.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Full warnings:

'Danger to life' as 75mph Storm Arwen dumps 3ins snow sparking BLIZZARD today
    A RARE RED alert has been issued as Storm Arwen brings chaotic 90mph winds, three inches of snow and huge BLIZZARDS. Buildings will be destroyed and power…
    www.thesun.co.uk

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Storm Arwen is about to hit. Batten down those hatches. Met office has issued a RED weather warning for wind in NE Scotland together with snow so blizzards are expected.

Yes, Mike had better watch out, it’s going for him first!

Hopefully it’ll run out of steam a bit by the time it gets here!

• Yes, Mike had better watch out, it’s going for him first!

Hopefully it’ll run out of steam a bit by the time it gets here!

We're used to a bit of weather up here OB. Its howling at the moment , with torrential rain, but it's forecast to quieten a bit when the storm heads south. :)

• Snow in abundance this morning. The gardans fields and the trees look great. Sky stiil overcast meaning more snow to come. Looks like a bit of snow shovelling needed to ensure that I can get the car moving off the drive if required. :)

• Suddenly at lunch time today the rain cleared off. It is paradisal outside at the moment. Sky deep blue and every leaf shining.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Snow in abundance this morning. The gardans fields and the trees look great. Sky stiil overcast meaning more snow to come. Looks like a bit of snow shovelling needed to ensure that I can get the car moving off the drive if required. :)

Blimey!

If I get snow at all, it's usually after Christmas with February being the most likely month to get it.

Had ground frost first thing this morning and that's the first time it's been on the ground, but now lovely and sunny. :)

• White frost on all the roofs and cars. +1C at the moment but brilliant sunshine.

4312-gwban-gif

• We had a little snow here, but it didn’t cover much grass and it melted on tarmac.

It’s all gone today. Temperature is 9 degrees at 8 in the morning! It was 2 degrees yesterday at midday.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!