The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Yes, those cold northerly winds reached us about an hour ago. Pretty party now.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Frost last night in London, only the second or third time this winter. Clear blue skies and sun right at the moment for me.

• We had a very white frost first thing but not sub-zero. Bright sunshine.

Keeping an eye on the temperatures in case I need to fleece up the bananas and other things.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• White frost again this morning and down to -2°C. First sub-zero morning of this winter. Looks like the nasturtians copped it. I'll have to wait and see how much the banana palms have suffered. There's rain moving in from the west so tonight will be nowhere as cold though it's predicted that it will change to snow up north.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Pity about the nasturtiums. They're some of my favourite old world plants. Leaves are lovely on crackers.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• White frost again this morning and down to -2°C. First sub-zero morning of this winter. Looks like the nasturtians copped it. I'll have to wait and see how much the banana palms have suffered. There's rain moving in from the west so tonight will be nowhere as cold though it's predicted that it will change to snow up north.

I know you're on the coast, but you leave it far too late to protect the plants. They need the protection im place before the frost hits. If it were me. I would ensure that banana is protected before November at the very latest.

As for the weather in London town today, after a wet few days, it's lovely and sunny and pretty warm-ish too

• Rained and rained again and today is partly cloudy with bits of sun. The areas that were so hard hit by drought a year or so ago are now being deluged. It's back with vengeance. Amazing amount of rain this year.

• No, H, it has been super cool. But as soon as the sun comes out, the heat turns up because beyond the clouds it's about mid 30s C. So thank goodness, so far, we've had a cool summer. Some hot days but mostly rain and coolness. It won't last. As soon as the rain clears off, we will be broiling again X/

• They need the protection im place before the frost hits. If it were me. I would ensure that banana is protected before November at the very latest.

It's a balance of risk: Too early and if it's a wet winter the rot can get in. I lost one last year due to that.

Frost this morning but only just down to zero. Bananas still look happy.

4312-gwban-gif

• Yes, and a very wet winter we're having too, so good point.

You seem to be having more frost than me at the moment Heero, which is unusual.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!