The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Yesterday it rained all day which helped to shift the lying snow.and make the roads safe to use. ........ Due to the covid restrictions, we had an outdoor family birthday celebration in the afternoon. The rain didn't spoil any of the fun as there was a couple of large gazebo's and plenty of outdoor heating and cooking. A good time was had by all.. ............. Whose special Birthday was being celebrated by all those lovely people ??? .......... I'm pleased to say it was mine. :)

• Yesterday was miserable down here as well. Today is much better and brilliant sunshine but cold.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Yesterday it rained all day which helped to shift the lying snow.and make the roads safe to use. ........ Due to the covid restrictions, we had an outdoor family birthday celebration in the afternoon. The rain didn't spoil any of the fun as there was a couple of large gazebo's and plenty of outdoor heating and cooking. A good time was had by all.. ............. Whose special Birthday was being celebrated by all those lovely people ??? .......... I'm pleased to say it was mine. :)

Happy birthday for yesterday 8)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

Happy Birthday! :)

Glad you had a nice day, cold, but nice.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Another bright but frosty start. At least I'm now catching up on the laundry backlog. Not having a tumble drier I'm dependent upon good weather to hang stuff out.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Blimey, it must be good weather, if you're sticking it outside.

Not had a tumble dryer for about 20 years, so in the winter time, it goes on the radiators...

Sunny for me too and very frsoty. My grass is all frosted up for the first time this winter. I had to walk over it to put some bioling water from the kettle into the bird bath to give the birdies something to drink.

• Blimey, it must be good weather, if you're sticking it outside.

Sunny, low humidity and a washing machine with a 1400 spin means it dries quickly. I do have a line in the bathroom but that's a last resort.

4312-gwban-gif

• Laundry stayed out overnight as it was still a bit damp but is now good and dry. Somewhat overcast today but at least it's not damp.

Risk of showers overnight on the coast here but forecast is for dry again tomorrow and in the coming week. One more tranche of laundry and we'll be up to date.

4312-gwban-gif

• Foggy here for most of the day. Probably one of the grimest days, weather wise in ages.

• We have been spared the hard frost that the rest of the south had last night as it got a bit overcast. Still just above zero this morning.

4312-gwban-gif

• Benefits of being on the coast there.

Although I am in what is a very sheltered area, still had some frost some last. Lovely and sunny now, but very cold.

And as for the comments about the Moon, what a stunner its been this week. Glorious full moon, low in the sky when it came up and it just lit the whole place up.

• Dull, windless and cold. Temperature has stayed at 4°C all morning.

Forecasters are promising a bit of sunshine for tomorrow. Shan't hold my breath.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!