The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Hot for me. People are starting to sunbathe!

Went for a nice walk over a country park earlier and very pleasant it was too. Was even tempted to join a group of runners who were about to set off across the parklands, but the hills put me off! :)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Hot for me. People are starting to sunbathe!

Went for a nice walk over a country park earlier and very pleasant it was too. Was even tempted to join a group of runners who were about to set off across the parklands, but the hills put me off! :)

Run 8| I used to run for fun and keep fit many moons ago , now at my age it takes it out of me to run a bath let alone run up a hill ;(

• Sorry to hear that Fred.

I was tempted. I'm very unfit and overweight and have been for most of my life and I had a DVT a few years ago as a serious warning to sort myself out. Over the last few days, I have been doing a lot of walking, so next time I see the joggers, I might walk with them, just at a much faster pace. :)

• I am fine not over weight I keep busy just slower than I was , enjoy a good walk go fishing , potter around the garden , clean the car , enjoy my music , reading , I am busier now then when I was working , I was thinking of coming out of retirement to go back to work for a rest ^^

• I was told I was Type 2 diabetic seven years ago ,but I went on a low carbohydrate diet with half hour walks every day ever since and my blood-sugar levels have come right down!

Since doing this, I have had no symptoms and my diabetic nurse says that she can’t believe it. Wasn’t even difficult, really.

• Great well done yes it can be done, sadly I lost my best mate to Diabetes 8 years ago , he was unable to exercise due to a heart condition and could not loose weight he was over 20 stone towards the end his heart gave out , I was with him when they switched off the machine that was keeping him alive

• We had some rain earlier on and there looks to be another spell heading our way. Hope it goes through before lunchtime so we can sit outside at the pub.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Same here yesterday was a scorcher, today now dry and overcast , I was going to mow the laws again but my Hay fever is playing up taken some antihistamine and staying indoors today

• Yesterday was a weird weather day, started cloudy and mild , later the sun broke through I started to mow the lawns , then it clouded over again , then black clouds and rain, which only lasted for 10 mins or so, sun broke through long enough to finish the lawns .

Glad I did get it done today a belter of a day very light breeze blue sky and 25C just come inside to cool down

It ain't half hot Mum :D

• Pretty decent day down here. Just walked into the town to go to the bank and get a replacement security device. Gentle breeze, sunny and 20C

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• No. It's the small keypad device that generates access codes for my business banking.

Old one seems to have gone doolally.

I've got one of them as well.

As for weather, hot, very hot. Coming after a miserable say yesterday.

• There's Met Office yellow weather warning for thunderstorms and possible flash floods from Portland to the wash and places south-east. Could be a lively night.

4312-gwban-gif

• Thunderstorms forecast tonight and here in the Thames Valley, there’s plenty of lightning flashing away. Not too much rain as yet though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!