The Great British Weather Moan thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Not long after I wrote my message last night, the heavens opened and it pelted down!

This morning has dawned cloudy, but the sun should come out ibn a couple of hours and it should be a pleasant day.

• We had some rain overnight and there was lightning out to the west of us. Just started some thundery rain at the moment.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Can't complain today. Super day just the right amount of heat and a light breeze. Spent a couple of hours in the local's beer garden with the OH. Some cool pints of Stella were consumed.

No doubt we'll have to pay for this.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Today started off well quite warm, mid-afternoon a little light rain that did not last long, 7pm the sky darkened as black as a Witches Hat now lashing it down

• About half an hour of heavy rain and hail with more lightning and thunder. Corner of our road is flooded half way across. Seems to be easing now.

4312-gwban-gif

• Wall to wall sunshine down here. The wind has ( finally ) gone round to the south-west and is blowing all the clouds inland. 17C

Doing a bit of light gardening on the patio.

4312-gwban-gif

• I've been busy with various things over recent weeks, including in the garden, but now time to sit back and enjoy the weather. Just hope summer lasts longer than a few days! ^^

• Radar and lightning plots are showing some nasty storms over northern France heading this way. Could be a lively night.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well, I don't know what's happened to summer, but for the first time in living memory at the beginning of June, I've had to ditch my shorts and put on jogging bottoms and I'm walking around the house in a dressing gown too. It's pretty damn cold, or at least cool enough not to wear summer clothes.

What with heavy winds this year and now this, what awaits us next weather wise? Snow in August...??

• Once I'm wearing shorts there's no way I'm going back to longs until autumn. Rather chilly today though.

4312-gwban-gif

• Had a lovely day traveling up North on Thursday left at 5am traffic was light dry sunny and warm, same for the run back yesterday until we got to Birmingham some rain but soon drove out of it

Had some rain overnight today just grey sky but no rain 15C at the moment

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!