The Great British Weather Moan thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The thing I used to remember going to Spain was the smell of their sewers they had, because they never had the water to flush them.<X

Decades into the future, the Spanish climate will ultimately become something like what we see in Africa now, so it's probably the best time to be there now while it's still bearable.

• The thing I used to remember going to Spain was the smell of their sewers they had, because they never had the water to flush them.<X

Decades into the future, the Spanish climate will ultimately become something like what we see in Africa now, so it's probably the best time to be there now while it's still bearable.

Yes, thats one downside, sewers are a problem, you have to remember to flush the toilet twice a day. Also, domestic sewage pipes tend only to be FOUR inches, so you have to be careful not to flush anything down that might clog them up. Laxatives are a must.....

The other downside are the insects. They grow to massive dimensions, the cockroachs are two inches long here, you have to have your house sprayed and dotted every spring to keep them at bay. Its worse, apparantly in the newer posher houses, because they save money on the sewerage piping by running it under the houses instead of down the road, so its easier for the roaches to get in. Also many new houses have a sewage access port in the house rather than outside like the older houses.

• 3/10 cloud and a light breeze here in alicante. Heavy flak around the Rhur Valley, and beware of the night fighters operating over Essen and Dortmund. 8 Group will drop target illuminators at t-5 and a red target indicators at t-1, to allow streams to bomb from N and SW.

• Hot in London today, at least 23C and sunny.

There was a STORM here last night !FFS! the winds have ripped the satellite dish off the roof, doing some damage to the brickwork, cracking a roof tile and lifting a ridge tile. And it absolutely torrented with rain, ive neve rseen rain like it.

• Beautiful here on the coast. Light winds, sunny and 24C. Can't believe a bank holiday weekend is going to be so good. We'll pay somehow.

Going to crank the barbecue up tomorrow afternoon. Cold beer and hot burgers.:)

We get 325 days of sun here, just my luck 4 of the other 40 days when it rains turn out to be a bloody violent storm, starting on a 4 day bank holiday. Grrrr.

• There was a STORM here last night !FFS! the winds have ripped the satellite dish off the roof, doing some damage to the brickwork, cracking a roof tile and lifting a ridge tile. And it absolutely torrented with rain, ive neve rseen rain like it.

Sorry to hear about that. Is the dish salvageable?

I remember on my family trips to Spain and the Spanish islands as a kid, they can get some mean storms. Saw a incredible one over Benidorm Bay once that was both terrifying and thrilling all at the same time.

Beautiful here on the coast. Light winds, sunny and 24C. Can't believe a bank holiday weekend is going to be so good. We'll pay somehow.

Going to crank the barbecue up tomorrow afternoon. Cold beer and hot burgers.:)

Enjoy!:)

Another even hotter day in London today, but the rain and cooler weather returns on Wednesday.

• We've only lent you the good weather, we'll be taking it back wednesday, you can have your rain back then :P

• Just got into wearing my short shorts and now it's turned colder and there's a lot of wet heading this way now.:(

Yes, we took our sun back after the worst storm in Valencia for 75 years. 12 inches of rain in 6 hours, 90mph wind. Many buildingsa took damage fro mwind and water penetration. These houses are not designed to stand up to torrential tropical rains combined with 90mph winds.

I calculated approx 1,000 million gallons of water fell on us in this town. But the sun has now returned for the foresseable future, the weather here is much more predictable, because unlike the UK, we are in the centre of a Ferrell Cell, not the boundary of two cells, which is what makes UK weather so unpredictable.

i looked on Ventusky, there payola coming your way for nicking our sun for 4 days :P :D

this was near us, but we were not flooded :

Easter 2019jjpg.jpg

• yes, theres a loop of the jetstream plonked right on the top of you, sucking cold air off the artic. The bottom of the loop is blowing west to east, then it doubles back east to west further north. The air between the two is cold artic air.

image003.jpg

• I've had the heating on for a few hours. It's nearly May..

Precisely what i got sick of. Having to keep the Central Heating on until june, then having to turn it back on in September, and paying £140 a month for the privelege.

We now pay £40-50 a month for electric, and over the winter we bought five gas bottles at about £15 each for heating.

The elctric stays same in summer, cos we run an air conditioner on the hottest nights which uses 1 Kw. It still a bloody sight cheaper than the UK.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!