The Great British Weather Moan thread

• I noticed a freeze breeze last night deep in the interior where I am and I wondered if it was blowing off snow. This morning on the news I see I was right and the first snow has fallen in the Western Cape mountains. You can see what they look like here:

First snow

There, in a mauve light of drifted lupins,

They hung in the cupped hands of mountains

Made of tingling atoms.- Ted Hughes

• Nice and sunny today. Summer has returned.:)

Just for today. Forecast is for a months worth of rain on Monday and Tuesday here in the south.:cursing:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• At least the gardens will get a good soaking...

I noticed a freeze breeze last night deep in the interior where I am and I wondered if it was blowing off snow. This morning on the news I see I was right and the first snow has fallen in the Western Cape mountains. You can see what they look like here:

First snow

I'll never moan about the snow in London again. That looks terrible.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Sometimes I forget I like in a valley which, overall, has very temperate and pleasant weather. Right, back to moaning about it now!:)

• They got that forecast right: It's dull, cold and wet. Barely 12°C. Don't think I'll be wearing shorts today when I go out later to the shops.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• It's warm for me, but I'm stuck inside 24/7 anyway, but as far as outside goes, very, very wet.

Look forward to seeing the sun again.:)

• I think the only good thing today is that there's precious little wind so a brolly is an option. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better here in the southeast but grim futher north.

No decent weather until the weekend.

4312-gwban-gif

• Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

I've had the lights on in the house all day today and was hoping for some sunshine at some point, but clearly not. We must be getting close to Wimbledon.

• OMG I'm freezing. Froze all of yesterday. Am freezing now. Can't type properly. Fingers too stiff.

• Bloody hell!

I thought I was a little cool last, but it wern't that bad. Sunny and warm in London today.

• I suppose the only good thing about yesterday is that my water butt is now brimming from nearly empty.

Sunny with fair weather clouds at the moment, already warmer than yesterday though that wouldn't be hard.

4312-gwban-gif

• Some pictures and video of yesterdays appalling weather here in the south. More than an entire months rainfall inside 24 hours.

Escaped all that. Had some heavy rain on Monday, but no where near to flood levels.

Yesterday, had some nice sun in the end and it got very warm and today, the weather is not quite sure what its going to do yet, but it is dry with patchy sun.

• Well it was a nice sunny morning but the rain's are back now.:(

Summer is supposed to return middle of next week.

4312-gwban-gif

• Mixed day in East London today. Had a lot of cloud and was cooler earlier, but the cloud is mostly clearing and its getting quite warm again.

To be honest, the temperature it is now, is just perfect for me, any warmer and I start gasping.

• Well there's plenty of storms off the Brest peninsula that are heading this way and you'll be getting them this evening by the track they're taking.

4312-gwban-gif

• Thanks for the heads up. Despite all the recent rain, my gardens are still very dry and I suspect from now it will be a "issue" trying to water my front garden. So, I won't complain about rain, as long as we get some sun too sometimes.

• Had some rain showers today, but the sun is trying to come out and it looks like it will be a nice afternoon.:)

• Sunshine all day but starting to get hella cold. ^^

• Advance weather warning issued for heavy thunderstorms in the southeast, Tuesday night

Edit: Warning level raised to yellow for Tuesday night and Wednesday.

4312-gwban-gif

• 5 a.m. freezing. Fingers frozen. Air outside like putting your face against a steel wall.

• Blimey! Go back to sleep LW. Some of us don't have a choice about being awake at 5am, although at least for me, it was 20C+ inside.

Nice and sunny at the moment, but it's the calm before the storm, literally. Heavy rain and thunderstorms later today and tomorrow. I was just outside making sure everything is tied down.