The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• They have forecast some rain for us from tomorrow. It has clouded over somewhat and we are all sitting around hoping that wet stuff will descend. There was snow in the mountains last week and we suddenly froze, but that has been replaced by more gustiness yesterday and now some cloud. Our garden is basically dead.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Looking on the rain radar at the Met office site I'd go for the showers. You could do a quick cow check: If some are standing and others lying down then it's going to be showery. ^^

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Is that an old wives tale?

If they're laying down it will rain. I think it's probably more likely that they stay drier when it's actually raining.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• If they're laying down it will rain. I think it's probably more likely that they stay drier when it's actually raining.

But has it been proved that they know when rain is coming, and lie down to keep their patch dry?

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Nice and sunny today but definitely an Autumnal feel as the temperature was only 8°C this morning and has crawled up to around 13°C now.

4312-gwban-gif

• Went very cold last night down to 5C and I had the fire on in the living room the whole night. So far this morning, the weather is cold, but the sun is blasting through, so hopefully will warm up soon.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Oddly enough we are having cold weather that has hung about for over a week. No rain for us yet but still hoping. My brother got "buckets" but as I am about 25 km from him, I missed that cloud :(

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• London currently having a really nice day weather wise, sunny and warm. Tomorrow is meant to be the exact opposite!

• Sunny down here too, 14C and rising. We're going up to the local for a beer or two lunchtime. Hopefully we can sit in the beer garden. Might not get many more chances now that Autumn is closing in.

4312-gwban-gif

• We spent a pleasant hour or so in the beer garden. Sheltered from the breeze it's really quite warm in the sun.

4312-gwban-gif

• The torrential rain my area was meant to get today, turned out to be a two minute drip. Alternative between sun and cloud, but otherwise very nice.

• Sunny with the odd puff of fair weather cloud but a bit breezy. 14°C at the moment.

4312-gwban-gif

• After a nice few days in London, wet and miserable today, but the starlings were cheering me up earlier. They're all roosting at the moment and hundreds of birds were all in the tree tops and on roofs happily singling along down my street this morning.

• Dull, damp and dismal down here though its not actually raining at the moment. Looking at the rain radar there's something quite nasty heading this way from France. It's just approaching the Breast peninsula, centre is showing over an inch of rain an hour. Lightning plot shows plenty of strikes in the last 5 minutes. Present speed looks like it's around 4 hours away.

4312-gwban-gif

• After a nice few days in London, wet and miserable today, but the starlings were cheering me up earlier. They're all roosting at the moment and hundreds of birds were all in the tree tops and on roofs happily singling along down my street this morning.

I thought starlings migrated. ours have all gone and I remember millions of them collecting near Penzance ready to depart

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Perhaps the ones in London stay for longer as its warmer here, but our skies are filled with hundreds of them at the moment, doing their fantastic aerial displays.

• Dull early but sunny now. Really chilly at only 10°C but I have got one load of laundry done (Whites) and out to dry. Hopefully I can get the coloureds done tomorrow. Forecast says rain in the extreme south-east so we may get away with it.

4312-gwban-gif