The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • No horizontal rain for me, but very wet. Never got the hurricane in my area yesterday and only had some wind and so far today, barely any wind. Just wet, can't wait for the sun to come out again.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• No horizontal rain for me, but very wet. Never got the hurricane in my area yesterday and only had some wind and so far today, barely any wind. Just wet, can't wait for the sun to come out again.

Decent day here with sunshine. Sunday is forecast to be a sunny day with no clouds, won't get the sunscreen out yet, though

If They Can Do It So Can I

• Never got the hurricane in my area yesterday

Not a million miles away.

Very wet this morning but little wind.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Cleared up this afternoon but more rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

River Arun at Wisborough Green has burst its banks:

arun_wisborough_green.jpg

This river has a system of levees and flood pools to help take the strain.

Several flood alerts in West Sussex.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I don't think the "levees and flood pools" were designed to cope with these amounts of rain, time for a rethink. We need to go back to the old system of fields with cleared ditches to take water away

• Not a million miles away.

Yes it is! It's the other side of London. I could travel to you in almost the same time that it would take me to get to Slough. London is "quite" large.^^

Lovely sunshine today.

• White frost this morning, just above zero. Looks like it's time to fleece up the banana palms as the forecast is for several frosty nights this week. They're still green and putting out new leaves though a bit shredded from all the gales.

4312-gwban-gif

• Same here. It will kill off the moss in the lawns which has had a field day with all the rain

• Same for me. Cars covered in frost, but clear blue skies and the sun extremely bright. Great time at the moment for Star gazing too, actually managed to see a few dozen stars over the last few nights with the clear skies.

• Great time at the moment for Star gazing too, actually managed to see a few dozen stars over the last few nights with the clear skies.

Venus is very bright at the moment just after sunset. Fortunately the light pollution isn't too bad here and you can see the constellation of Orion most nights.

4312-gwban-gif

• Frost again this morning but not as cold as yersterday at +1.1°C. Probably due to the high cloud that is drifting over now and then. Forecast is for a dry week but increasing amounts of cloud and this will limit any frosts. The high pressure is close to breaking the record of 1053.6 millibars.

Barometer in the hallway says 31.06 inches (Very Dry on dial) ~ 1052 mb.

4312-gwban-gif

• Harder frost today, everything white out there.Makes me mentally start singing "In the Bleak midwinter"

Happy for it to kill off the bugs, and moss but always wary of venturing out in case I slip over and break some bones

• Yes, had a bad frost yesterday too. Everything from rooftops to cars covered in it, but it also meant that the day was sunny with clear skies, like the last 4-5 days. Today has been different. No frost, warmer and wetter. No sun, just cloud.

• A very pleasant 32c in Punta del Este, Uruguay earlier this week.

Not a bad view either

Take the view, but not the 32C. Prefer much, much cooler than that.

And talking of the sun, its just come out in London too after 3-4 days of gloom and some rain.:)

• Bright down here too. Rain radar at the met office shows patchy rain heading in towards us. Currently over Devon.

4312-gwban-gif

• Gone back to the gloom now, bloody weather.:) (something to moan about again)

• Went out to look at our first daff that has opened in the garden and to welcome it, and it started to rain again :cursing:

• Raining here now.

I just wonder how ancient Brits got on in winter: There you are just about keeping warm in the roundhouse when the boss tells you it's your turn to go out and get the firewood.

We don't realise how lucky we are.

4312-gwban-gif

• They were well wrapped up in furs before the antis started protesting. Good job veaganism hadn't been invented ;)

• Absolutely pissing it down in London now and the sky is black.:(

• Our forecast this morning was for occasional showers. It chucked it done non stop all morning but been lovely sunshine this afternoon

• Nice and sunny, if a little breezey until about ten minutes ago. Then a black cloud came over and now it's hailing. No rain, just hail.

4312-gwban-gif

• Not strictly weather but the new moon is in juxtaposition with Venus. Where's that black monolith?

4312-gwban-gif

• I've got a bad photo of that, I'll post it later.

Nice and sunny in London today.:)

• Lovely weather today in London, with a superb setting sun over the City as I type this.

I promised a shot of the Moon and Venus last week, here it is (the best I could do) and some more shots of the Moon from a few weeks ago. The Moon just lit up the whole sky, not that the photos does it justice:

P1820654_autoscaled.jpgP1820593_autoscaled.jpgP1820595_autoscaled.jpgP1820597_autoscaled.jpg