May declares war on Brussels

• Theresa May has launched an extraordinary attack on Brussels, accusing European Union politicians and officials of seeking to disrupt the general election and willing Brexit to fail in a combative address delivered from Downing Street.

Speaking after returning from Buckingham Palace to inform the Queen that parliament had been dissolved for the 8 June poll, May delivered an unexpectedly antagonistic speech outside No 10, urging voters to “give me your backing to fight for Britain”.

She took aim at threats and leaks from Brussels days after a German newspaper had reported about the supposedly strained atmosphere at a Downing Street dinner last Wednesday with European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker.

https://www.theguardian.com/po…ng-in-uk-general-election

Electioneering or is it going to be May's way or the highway for the negotiations?

• Pure electioneering Morgan, that's why I made no mention of it myself yesterday. Although if she carries on like that, it will cause real problems for us when we start the Brexit negotiations. And of course, it's all a follow on to that dinner at Downing Street last week.

• Well Obama's plumped for Macron. That was the touch of death twice before. Expect the unexpected.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• It's very strange, yesterday my redtop led with a story that Theresa May would withhold all EU payments from the end of this September unless they started negotiations in earnest. Today there's no trace of the story anywhere in the Sun on-line or on Google but there is a declaration that some results have been removed under data protection laws.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif