Prince Philip to retire

• The Duke of Edinburgh is retiring from royal duties this autumn, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The decision was made by Prince Philip himself and is supported by the Queen, a palace spokesman said.

The duke, who turns 96 next month, will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August but will not accept new invitations.

The Queen "will continue to carry out a full programme of official engagements", the palace said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39802636
    =====

Well, Phil the Greek is retiring, lets all rejoice! I'm sure all the farmers and their fields will be happy too. More on that in the future...

• While I'm not a flag waving royalist also not a anti royal either, all I say is fair play to him, I certainly won't be wishing him any harm like I have seen some do.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I don't wish him any hard either, he's married to our Head of State for a start and is also very elderly. But, I can't stand him. And as any farmer in Norfolk or various other places goes, his behaviour in the past has been disgusting tearing up their fields with his land rover.

I would describe myself as a republican of the diet coke variety. Quite happy with the Queen, but after that.... would prefer a change of the furniture, not a move around of the same pieces! ;)