When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I am starting to worry in earnest about the way the so-called green movement is going. And I am a green oriented human. However, the current crop of loons are beginning to make fascism look tame. The utilisation of the young Swedish girl is, to my mind, a step too far. It's time to put this whole thing into perspective and instead of banging on about it myself, I came across this video. And I agree with him 100%. He calls them "watermelons" and they are a dangerous, often nasty lunatic fringe that is becoming mainstream and could cause a lot of misery and oppression if they are allowed to carry out their mostly unworkable plans concerning what we eat, how we think and what we do.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They never mention the elephant in the room: Too many people for the planet to support even if everybody stopped using fossil fuel and ate quinoa and beansprouts instead of meat and fish.

• And when they start offering you Nobel prizes you know you have been selected as a pawn. No wonder Bob Dylan didn't want his. I think he could smell a rat, but didn't want to say so in so many words.

• When big industrial nations such as China, USA, and India stop spewing vast amounts of poison into the atmosphere then our individual efforts might have some effect

But until then why should we bother

• that kid and the school strikes

These same kids that expect to be driven everywhere in their parents gas guzzlers, be toasty warm in the winter and go flying away to foreign holidays. They don't seem to realise that they are part of the problem that they protest about.:rolleyes:

• There was a great news article in the last Sunday Times

They never mention the elephant in the room: Too many people for the planet to support even if everybody stopped using fossil fuel and ate quinoa and beansprouts instead of meat and fish.

Yet the present plan for 2030 or 2050 or 3050 is going to end up a Soylent Green lifestyle. If you'll forgive the pun, nuts to that.

The idea that we can get all fired up on this great mission because we've found the right leader, a cute slightly Asperger-ish 15 year old girl would be terrifying if it wasn't so tragically funny. Her unwavering proposition is unquestionably 100% correct: we ought to do something as soon as we can. She hasn't said what but then, she's a big thinker and we shouldn't bother her with trivial details - especially as no one has the faintest fu--ing idea what to do other than slow down the unquantifiable causes of climate change, where no one dares to mention that fastest and most effective way to reduce the aggregate footprint is to have fewer feet. After all, inasmuch as the causes are man-made, stemming from the provision of food, water, mobility and enough of a reason for wanting to live, it surely follows that the only truly long-term chance of continuing in the manner to which we have become accustomed is to quite soon (a) halt population growth on earth and/or (b) find a way to amortise our ecologically destructive immediate-gratification lifestyle across other inhabitable planets (ideally sending out all the Chinese as he first wave!) and, while we're doing (a) and (b), we ought to tread a little lighter on this planet.

For me, the funniest and yet most definitive comment I have heard on climate change is this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When big industrial nations such as China, USA, and India stop spewing vast amounts of poison into the atmosphere then our individual efforts might have some effect

But until then why should we bother

I take the point, but as a developed nation, we must do our bit, even if those billions aren't doing there's yet.

For me, the funniest and yet most definitive comment I have heard on climate change is this

I know you've mentioned Peterson before and was quite taken aback when I said I've never heard of him, but after watching that, I can see why you like him.

• 1 I take the point, but as a developed nation, we must do our bit, even if those billions aren't doing there's yet.

2 I know you've mentioned Peterson before and was quite taken aback when I said I've never heard of him, but after watching that, I can see why you like him.

1 I agree, when it comes to not being wasteful just because one can afford to be, it is immoral as well harmful to one's fellow man not to try at least bit harder

2 I think/hope that means you like him too. You have to admit - on climate change as well as much else - he takes no prisoners

• I know I go on about it a lot, but the majority of problems we have are all for the same reason. We are pathetically attempting to cure the symptoms, rather than address the root cause. Reduce the world population by half, and you will reduce the world emissions by half. Too many people means to much waist, too much required food, and the space required to develop it. The energy required, the transportation, the consumables etc etc. Just about everything human beings need to survive and develop creates a carbon footprint. If we don't address the population it's going to be one step forward and two back. Of course, world leaders won't even talk about this because in order to grow a countries economy they need more people. It's also very difficult because of the aging population. To be honest I just don't know how we would have to go about it, I just know 7 billion people (and rising) is far to many.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• 1 re: relieving symptoms rather than curing root cause:

Glad someone agrees with what I've already said on this forum!

2 re: reduce the world population and reduce the world emissions:

Glad someone agrees with what I've already said on this forum!

3 re: world leaders won't talk about this because to grow their economy they need more people:

That's the Asian or Totalitarian or Chinese. It isn't Singapore's or Japan's or South Korea's or Switzerland's. The main reason population reduction is not on the agenda is that everyone knows it means reducing the population of those who are, to the rest of this planet, an expensive useless dangerous burden, and there are no votes to be gained by offending the mass of virtue-signalling soft-headed idealistic liberals

• 1 I would need to check some of his other comments out, before coming to a opinion on them.

2 He appears level headed.

1 I wait with baited breath!

2 I'm sure he is will be suitably underwhelmed by your generous accolade!

• There has just been a big libel court case in America where the biggest climate change scaremonger has had his backside smacked for refusing to share data and calculation. The natural assumption being made is that his data and calculations won't stand up to scrutiny.

Read the article here:

Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• To ignore climate change and the damage our specie is doing to the environment is ignorant. Yes, our climate is cyclical, but the emissions and other forced imbalances we have made damages the planet we live. Of course, the planet will be around a lot longer than us, and the thousands of other specie we will destroy along the way will be replaced by something else. However, to pretend everything we do makes no difference to the world we live is short sited to say the very least.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!