When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I don't despise the west, I despise idiots everywhere. I come from the western model. It's wonderful. For me. I can't foist it on someone who doesn't agree.

One doesn't sit around doing nothing. One formulates workable policies and actions to halt the damage. They did this in the Montreal Protocol for Ozone. It can be done again, but flinging themselves about talking crap about fascists and racists and capitalists isn't going to help. Utilizing frightened children isn't going to help. Scientists despair of getting anything practical done under the circumstances.

Only action that is going to be of some use is going to help.

I will think more of them when they start acting instead of merely following fashionable agendas to stay in power or to get into power by making promises to future electorates that they will bring Shangri-la to all people. They just make me want to hit them with a very large flat paddle. They are insincerity personified.

China is doing all sorts of interesting things concerning the climate change issue, but no one ever hears about these things. Too busy slagging off their political and social enemies.

• I don't despise the west, I despise idiots everywhere. I come from the western model. It's wonderful. For me. I can't foist it on someone who doesn't agree.

One doesn't sit around doing nothing. One formulates workable policies and actions to halt the damage. They did this in the Montreal Protocol for Ozone. It can be done again, but flinging themselves about talking crap about fascists and racists and capitalists isn't going to help. Utilizing frightened children isn't going to help. Scientists despair of getting anything practical done under the circumstances.

Only action that is going to be of some use is going to help.

I will think more of them when they start acting instead of merely following fashionable agendas to stay in power or to get into power by making promises to future electorates that they will bring Shangri-la to all people. They just make me want to hit them with a very large flat paddle. They are insincerity personified.

China is doing all sorts of interesting things concerning the climate change issue, but no one ever hears about these things. Too busy slagging off their political and social enemies.

You don't despise the West yet you praise China! Jeez

I think you need to venture outside of your ivory tower

Until you do I'm afraid I will no longer play your game

• Tilt of the earth and various atmospheric conditions, droughts, famines, migrations ... it is all there, long before the civilizations and individuals that are being blamed today.

True, but the Egyptians didn't have coal power stations or motorways full of vehicles pumping out pollutants. Humans are accelerating a natural process and if it continues, the planet may not be able to heal itself.

The important reason why many civilizations don't outlast these times is a lack of ability to adapt to them and understand them and their causes.

Agree and in that sense, we're much better off living in these times.

I can't believe this is how these hapless young people are being taught today. What they need is reassurance that humans are intelligent enough and scientifically advanced enough today to adapt to cosmic and local events.

Indeed and always, another brilliant post from you LW.8):thumbup:

We will move beyond fossil fuels, because we are already. We will move beyond eating vast quantities of meat, or at least breeding lots of animals for food which then produces a third of all green house gases, because we are already. I hope we move beyond plastic. We can change. We can adapt.

• "We will move beyond fossil fuels, because we are already. We will move beyond eating vast quantities of meat, or at least breeding lots of animals for food which then produces a third of all green house gases, because we are already. I hope we move beyond plastic. We can change. We can adapt."

I checked this out and was very surprised at the result

"What we do know is that global meat consumption has increased rapidly over the past 50 years. Meat production today is nearly five times higher than in the early 1960s - from 70 million tonnes to more than 330 million tonnes in 2017"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=A…f=1569615130524

When you think that fifty years ago every meal was the classic meat and two veg, yet today is totally different with so much vegetarianism. I know the world population has grown but wouldn't have thought meat eating would have grown proportionately, especially with the high cost of meat

• I am a NorsePagan, so my environmentalism is tied inextricably to the earth as the home of my ancestors and certain folk groups as the home of my biological reality. And I don't believe in gods or magic. Modern Pagans have gone far past all that.

If you would like to see a pithy and deeply critical view on the present shower waving climate change banners and getting themselves in the spotlight and in a knot, you may enjoy one of Michael John Greer's articles. He is a Druid. A very eloquent and insightful one.

Here is a little taste of his article with a link to the rest.

They argued unconvincingly that everything would be just fine if only the nations of the world handed over control of the global economy to an unelected cadre of experts, under whom the institutions of democratic governance would be turned into powerless debating societies while the decisions that mattered would be made by corporate-bureaucratic committees conveniently sheltered from public oversight. (If this seems familiar to those of my readers who endure EU rule just now, there’s a reason for that: the state of affairs just described has been the wet dream of Europe’s privileged classes and their tame intellectuals for quite a few decades now.) That’s the usually unmentioned reason why The Limits to Growth fielded the savage resistance it did: a good many people in 1972 recognized it as a stalking horse for a political agenda.

https://www.ecosophia.net/the-next-twili…vironmentalism/

• Here is an excellent presentation by Patrick Moore (not OUR Sir Patrick Moore, the astronomer) and it disproves the global warming claims with actual facts and figures (no predictions at all), just historic data that disproves everything the climate change proponents are claiming.

There is a bit of waffle at the beginning to explain who Patrick Moore is, but the real presentation starts at 2 mins in. Well worth a watch.

Patrick Moore – The Sensible Environmentalist

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Yes, terrific vid :thumbup: and I agree.

I wrote a reply based on this from my perspective as someone from the same time as Moore but my piece was longer than the allowable 10,000 characters. I tried but couldn't manage to shorten it so dumped it.

However, I admire him for still having some time for humanity as I have lost all feeling for it and only base my admiration and affection on certain excellent individuals. I can say "I love horses" but I cannot with any honesty say "I love humans".

I hope these brave individuals who have been forced out of the original Green movements by social engineers and political optimists will prevail. And I hope they will be able to give hope and security to some of the young people who are being frightened every day by the media and the interested (and invested) parties and told that their world is about to end and that millions are dying because cows are farting.

• Pretty much all historical data shows the climate alarmists are wrong. Very wrong. Here's how the climate alarmists manipulate the actual data:

My Gift To Climate Alarmists

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Piers Morgan tears these people to bits on GMB when they admit that they will not give up on their lifestyle and equipment, things they expect the rest of us to do

I wonder if they are going to try and disrupt the Queen today?

Are they just old fashioned anarchists in disguise?

• Piers Morgan tears these people to bits on GMB when they admit that they will not give up on their lifestyle and equipment, things they expect the rest of us to do

I wonder if they are going to try and disrupt the Queen today?

Are they just old fashioned anarchists in disguise?

Whilst these green people get right on my tits, Piers Morgan is wrong. These Greeny people are not trying to tell people they can't fly or drive their cars. They want electric cars and more fuel efficient aircraft, so we can carry on what we are doing. Of course, they are a bunch of dick heads, and don't actually appreciate their proposals would not make a great deal of difference. We are a small and relatively clean country and the emissions we throw out on a global scale are pretty insignificant. If they really believe what they are saying, they should go and demonstrate in countries such as China, Russia, and the US. On another point, the building and disposal of batteries for cars is potentially as bad for the planet as the internal combustion engine, but they are to stupid to realise it.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• On another point, the building and disposal of batteries for cars is potentially as bad for the planet as the internal combustion engine, but they are to stupid to realise it.

Indeed. The Hydrogen fuel cell is a much more benign technology and refuelling can be almost as quick as with petrol or diesel.

• Whilst these green people get right on my tits, Piers Morgan is wrong. These Greeny people are not trying to tell people they can't fly or drive their cars. They want electric cars and more fuel efficient aircraft, so we can carry on what we are doing. Of course, they are a bunch of dick heads, and don't actually appreciate their proposals would not make a great deal of difference. We are a small and relatively clean country and the emissions we throw out on a global scale are pretty insignificant. If they really believe what they are saying, they should go and demonstrate in countries such as China, Russia, and the US. On another point, the building and disposal of batteries for cars is potentially as bad for the planet as the internal combustion engine, but they are to stupid to realise it.

So why do they disrupt so many lives in London for example, lives of people trying to get to work and so on

It's a bit hypocritical of these protesters not to practice what they preach

• So why do they disrupt so many lives in London for example, lives of people trying to get to work and so on

It's a bit hypocritical of these protesters not to practice what they preach

I am not defending them, I am defending their cause. The way they are going about their business is just stupid. At present everyone has the right to demonstrate, but perhaps these laws need to be tailored so they don't disrupt other peoples lives.

• Indeed. The Hydrogen fuel cell is a much more benign technology and refuelling can be almost as quick as with petrol or diesel.

I bought £1200 pounds worth of shares in a German company that produces energy through hydro energy. Those shares are now worth £60, so I wonder how seriously governments are taking the problem?

• I never buy shares in anything, I like to look after my money not rely on somebody else

My immediate neighbour rushed to buy shares in the Post Office when it was privatised, them moaned like hell when they shut our local branch

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!