When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • "Furious commuters drag Extinction Rebellion protesters from the roof of a London Underground train after they converged on stations to bring chaos to the network"

I thought they wanted electric powered public transport, but the idiots chose to protest against the most environmentally friendly form of transport and disrupt everyone's lives. No wonder the public reacted angrily.

It's time the whole of XR were all carted off to protest in China!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I thought they wanted electric powered public transport, but the idiots chose to protest against the most environmentally friendly form of transport and disrupt everyone's lives. No wonder the public reacted angrily.

It's time the whole of XR were all carted off to protest in China!

They just proves that they are protesting for publicity seeking purpose rather than the actual cause it self.

• "Furious commuters drag Extinction Rebellion protesters from the roof of a London Underground train after they converged on stations to bring chaos to the network"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7…nning-Town.html

That's the way to do it

Let the affected public deal with them

I know I'm late on commenting on this, but that could be the turning point against this protest group. Those commuters were at that station at 6.30 in the morning and were probably mostly manual labourers and cleaners. They already had a long day ahead of them and what they didn't need was people with double-barrelled names who get out of bed at lunchtime giving them lectures and prvetning them from going to their jobs.

Londoners can be very volatile, as can any people in a big city, but get in the way of tired people and ER are asking for trouble.

• 2% of Cornwall's annual waste collection comes from discarded Halloween outfits, and pumpkin waste

So much for children wanting to save the planet

• The Hydrogen fuel cell is a much more benign technology and refuelling can be almost as quick as with petrol or diesel.

And as an illustration:

There's going to have to be investment in the Hydrogen refuelling infrastructure.

• This will silence the lunatic fringe. Please invest soon so we can all have a steak without being referred to as murderers. And cattle can stop being discriminated against for farting. And broccoli can go back to being just a really awful veg that looks like the extracted brain of a space alien.

• "Gas boilers face ban from next year - Boris Johnson issues new green initiative"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/…s-Johnson-green

I hadn't noticed this being forced upon us 

I don't understand the logic, I like our gas boiler which is the most efficient combination model available. It is only used when necessary, turn the thermostat up and it bursts into life warming the place up in 20 minutes. The alternative would be electric night storage heaters which are so inefficient

Edited once, last by Horizon: Adjusted text size. Too Big!! (January 17, 2020 at 10:48 AM).

• "Gas boilers face ban from next year - Boris Johnson issues new green initiative"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/…s-Johnson-green

I hadn't noticed this being forced upon us

I don't understand the logic, I like our gas boiler which is the most efficient combination model available. It is only used when necessary, turn the thermostat up and it bursts into life warming the place up in 20 minutes. The alternative would be electric night storage heaters which are so inefficient

It's not, the alternative is an electric boiler. The electricity of course is generated by gas. To be fair, I am sure the powers that be have done some homework. What confuses me is the popularity of multi burners throwing out endless amounts of emissions.

Today David Attenborough stated on the TV that the problem lies with the size of the population, something I have been bleating on about for ages. Anything we do will be pointless if we don't reduce the amount of human beings on the planet.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• 2% of Cornwall's annual waste collection comes from discarded Halloween outfits, and pumpkin waste

So much for children wanting to save the planet

I would gladly throw in the kids wearing the outfits as well

• We has them, they were called immersion heaters. Want a bath - wait hours whilst the tank heats up

Your living in the past. Electric combination boilers are very common these days. As you know, no gas or oil boilers will be put into new builds as from this year, or possibly next year.

• It's not, the alternative is an electric boiler. The electricity of course is generated by gas. To be fair, I am sure the powers that be have done some homework. What confuses me is the popularity of multi burners throwing out endless amounts of emissions.

Today David Attenborough stated on the TV that the problem lies with the size of the population, something I have been bleating on about for ages. Anything we do will be pointless if we don't reduce the amount of human beings on the planet.

You bleating on for ages about population size: me too!

It's like the elephant in the room

I bet he didn't offer the solutions:

Family size upper limit

Cap on child benefits above that number

Tax increase to reflect increased cost of public services

Incentives for birth control

Aids to Third World Countries based on compulsory vasectomies

Exceptions or extensions to upper-limit based on wealth/means/IQ

Or Did David Attenborough think the details would all be sorted out by the tooth fairy?!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!