Will a UK/US trade deal get done?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Wow, so we take note of what Canada,Australia, and New Zealand think. Hardly cutting edge security counties

The EU approve so that's on with me

Can't win the argument so you get dismissive. Five Eyes has a slightly more global reach than the EU and is a model of cooperation that doesn't involve political integration.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Can't win the argument so you get dismissive. Five Eyes has a slightly more global reach than the EU and is a model of cooperation that doesn't involve political integration.

Well your saintly Johnson is happy so who are you to worry, apart from provoking an argument

• Wow, so we take note of what Canada,Australia, and New Zealand think. Hardly cutting edge security counties

The EU approve so that's on with me

Probably the EU approves of our Huawei deal because they believe or hope it will screw up our relationship with the US

• Probably the EU approves of our Huawei deal because they believe or hope it will screw up our relationship with the US

Hopefully it could be a bye product but I suspect it's simple a commercial decision

Don't you just love the faux outrage from those who will all own a smart phone made in China

• We're going to get a fantastic trade deal with the USA claim the Trump devotees

Oh yeah. That will he be if we give him everything he wants of course

'Apoplectic' Donald Trump BLASTED Boris Johnson in furious phone call after PM approved deal with Chinese firm Huawei to help build Britain's 5G network"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7…all-Huawei.html

That's all we need right now....more Chinese over here. :whistling: F**ing 5G what a moron. There's far more important things to waste money on. The only one benefit with this deal is that it might distance us from the US. I suppose we will buying some of the Chinese facial recognition cameras too. They might be needed as more people will end up out on the rob to get new 5G products that will no doubt be made. With more and more out of work how else are some supposed to get them. Steal form the rich to feed the poor.

It's all spend spend spend so when are we going to start selling so we can make money so we can afford to spend. Investment in the UK is what we need and 5G is not going to create jobs and better peoples lifestyle. Investment in housing and employment. We need to create employment for UK citizens to make up for all the tech taking jobs. Not importing more immigrants.

• They may have serious superior numbers but like the rest of the Arab world when push comes to shove they will turn and run. Remember Saddam Husseins reputed fierce republican guards, thats what they did

Iran is Not Part of the Arab world.

We also never turn and run. You obviously dont know iranian culture and history. We usually fight till last one is dead. Our war tactics mirror WWII Japan.

When we took your ship, we told your warship which was nearby...to fuck off. We went full risk and won.

We are not arabs.

You have no clue how crazy we can become. We fought 8 years war against Iraq which had full Western support. We did not move one cm backwards.

Your leadership knows that.

• Mike Pence, Trumps VP, has said that the UK Huawei deal will affect any UK USA trade deal. The Yanks don't like it because it contradicts their own China trade embargo

So that's one of the so called great new trade deals going down the pan but that's no surprise, Trump only accedes if there's something it for him

Ant to thin we are throwing away very successful EU trade deals for this nonsense, the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum :(

• Mike Pence, Trumps VP, has said that the UK Huawei deal will affect any UK USA trade deal. The Yanks don't like it because it contradicts their own China trade embargo

So that's one of the so called great new trade deals going down the pan but that's no surprise, Trump only accedes if there's something it for him

Ant to thin we are throwing away very successful EU trade deals for this nonsense, the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum :(

You sound like it is a done deal already i.e. the trade deal with the US is off - it hasn't even begun in any seriousness.

We should kick out Huawei it is madness. It will happen, this is politics, nothing is ever straightforward, too many vested interests to satisfy for that.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• We should kick out Huawei it is madness. It will happen, this is politics, nothing is ever straightforward, too many vested interests to satisfy for that.

They are miles ahead in this 5G technology which we are told (by the Tory government) is vital to fuel the Northern powerhouse - something that they have promoted since Osborn was their Chancellor

• They are miles ahead in this 5G technology which we are told (by the Tory government) is vital to fuel the Northern powerhouse - something that they have promoted since Osborn was their Chancellor

Not true. Ericsson are willing to supply and others. We don’t need Huawei. We probably don’t need 5G either

• They are already talking about making change, reducing bureaucracy following our departure

Ironic as this was one of the reason given for Leavers

I think the UK leaving has been a bit of a wake up call for the EU.

They now realise they have to reform. That, however, won't happen overnight but I'm quite sure it will and when it does the EU will be an even better institution than it already is.

But at this particular moment in time, we are where we are and such things are for the long term. What about now..?

I see that our government is now talking about getting an "Australia Deal" with the EU, but this is just smoke and mirrors. What it amounts to is no deal, but it's got the slimy hand of Dominic Cummings all over it. It works like this:

An "Australia Deal" is cute shorthand designed to re-brand trading with the EU without any deal at all, by naming it after a country that already does so. It's a rhetorical trick to sell no-deal at the end of the year. In other words, it's an outright falsehood, but if / when it happens, it can be trumpeted as "Britain Gets Australia Deal With EU" in order to convince Brexiter numpties the length and breadth of the land that Britain has come out on top in negotiations.

It's like a somebody leaping headlong off a cliff and still being confident that everything will be fine.......... until he's 20 feet from the ground.

Just as with the Brexit debate this bluster is being conducted entirely in the UK newspapers and UK media, aimed at the UK audience. And as with the Article 50 talks EU negotiators won't be allowed to deviate from the red lines given to them by the 27 EU leaders. This will be passed on to the European public so once again, the only people who are going to be misinformed and taken in by the UK government's bluster are the UK public.

I wonder, at what stage the phrase "Extension to the transition period" will start to be gently fed to the British public...?

• This will be passed on to the European public so once again, the only people who are going to be misinformed and taken in by the UK government's bluster are the UK public.

The sheeple swallowed the Eurosceptic line so why shouldn't they do so again

• Oh dear, Nora. You're not a fan, are you? ?

Nora does not like anything to do with the internet which in a way is odd because "she's" happy to use it for this Forum

The experts tell us we need 5G for jobs and developing the economy so I'll go along with that. I know that I was nervous of computers and the internet when I started, not so long ago. Now I couldn't live without it

• Nora does not like anything to do with the internet which in a way is odd because "she's" happy to use it for this Forum

The experts tell us we need 5G for jobs and developing the economy so I'll go along with that. I know that I was nervous of computers and the internet when I started, not so long ago. Now I couldn't live without it

Glad we agree on that! 5G will carry great benefits for this country. Modern technology is something we do well here, but we need to up our game to remain in it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!