It's not the end of Le Pen or populism.

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • But Macron won overwhelmingly, so the EU is safe for another day, at least until the German taxpayers tire of paying for everyone else.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Fear and uncertainty created by politics keep the masses afraid of themselves.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Le Pen was hampered by the NF baggage. Had there been squeaky clean right wing candidate things may heve been very different. Macron is an example of that cleanliness: His party is only 13 months old. They and He are are not carrying baggage so the population that are feeling that the mainstream politicians are not listening had a fresh alternative.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• He is not experienced in anything and will just become Merkel's poodle. But that's the Frenchies choice. We made ours.:)

• I saw for the first time today that Madame Macron is 64 years old and he is only 39. She was his teacher when he was a teenager. She advises him, edits his stuff and no doubt tells him what to do.

This suggests to me that Madame Macron is the true rival of le Pen but that the former rules from behind the throne. (Not the first time.)

Who knows how this will turn out! :confused:

• Only in France!:)

The toy boy president, it kind of has a nice ring to it. No wonder the French love him, they're into that kind of stuff.

• True. Let's hope she doesn't become the Marie Antoinette of her age. Considering how that all ended ...