Trump arms Kurds. Will it turn Turkey into a enemy?

• US President Donald Trump has approved supplying weapons to Kurdish forces fighting so-called Islamic State (IS) in Syria, the Pentagon says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39864950
    ====

Will this move drive Turkey out of Nato and straight into Putin's arms?. Or, worse, could it make Turkey become a full blown enemy of western countries?

Personally, I think its a move that should have happened years ago and may have prevented many of the atrocities we've seen in Syria. But once ISIS are destroyed, I believe it is delusion to think that the Kurds won't then use those arms to carve out their own homeland out of bits of Syria, Iraq and Turkey. A potentially dangerous situation for the region and possibly the world, depending on who the players are.

• This does look like a dangerous development. With Turkey lurching towards an Islamic state the Kurdish problem can only get worse.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• It does sound a bit like arming the mujahideen fighting the Russians... What could possibly go wrong?

I was thinking along similar lines that Turkey, Syria become the areas where America and western countries fight the Russians via proxies.

Although the Americans have always denied arming Bin Laden to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, they did supply weapons to the mujahideen fighters, many of whom morphed into Al Qaeda.

As you say, what can possibly go wrong...?

• This does look like a dangerous development. With Turkey lurching towards an Islamic state the Kurdish problem can only get worse.

Well, you can't really blame the Kurds wanting their own country especially with Turkey lurching towards becoming an Islamic state as you say and they were guaranteed their own country it by the world powers after either WW1 or WW2, can't remember which.

With Trump arming them, it can only be a matter of time before the western countries and Turkey fall out, big time