The Theresa and Philip show. Did you see it?

• Philip May: 'I take the bins out'

Theresa May and her husband Philip appear on the One Show to talk about their relationship - and who does the "boy jobs" at home...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/3…p-may-i-take-the-bins-out
    ====

The prime minister and her husband have just appeared on the BBC's One Show. Did you see it, what do you think?

They came across as confident and normal, I'm sure the image was crafted carefully by the Downing Street spin machine, or am I being cynical here? Also, a mention of "stable" more than once too.

Do we really need to go along the American road of getting families involved in politics. He's not up for election, although he could've been...

I don't particularly like her, but what's the alternative?

• Didn't see it, but will likely watch it on iPlayer at some point.

Did you see the one last time they did with Cameron. Where Matt Baker got the line "How do you sleep at night" in at the end of the interview.

• Didn't see it, but will likely watch it on iPlayer at some point.

Did you see the one last time they did with Cameron. Where Matt Baker got the line "How do you sleep at night" in at the end of the interview.

Yep. I wanted to see if Baker repeated that, but he didn't.

May was very clever even mentioning the fact that she doesn't have children and linking that to the issue of fake news. She is far more politically apt than Cameron ever was, but where as his "presentation" always looked relaxed, she does seem very anxious.

• Yep. I wanted to see if Baker repeated that, but he didn't.

May was very clever even mentioning the fact that she doesn't have children and linking that to the issue of fake news. She is far more politically apt than Cameron ever was, but where as his "presentation" always looked relaxed, she does seem very anxious.

I imagine May's people told the BBC he had to behave :D

• ... I think that's why her husband was there to personalise it more. If she had been on her own, it would have been fair game.

I used to like The One Show until that smug idiot turned up and ruined it. He should go back to his gymnastics and sheep.

• This nonsense is designed to convince gullibles that they are nice people really.

<retch>

Mark

• I agree Mark. I hate political campaigning. We've not even had the manifestos published yet, so don't know what their "plans" are, not that it matters. The election is a foregone conclusion.