23K "experts" say Trump Is mentally ill. Is he?

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38991171

He pulls faces. Constant hand gestures. Goes for "the kill" if anyone criticises him. Lewd and sexual comments and actions. Repetitive language.

According to that BBC item, 23k psychiatrists, think Trump is mentally ill? Is he?

His behaviour is bizarre, but is he mentally ill?

Some/all of his "traits" have been likened to autism and there is speculation that his youngest son is autistic. Is Trump?

• Rubbish. Trump is about the sanest president the USA has ever had. He says words people can understand and makes policies they want to hear. The press and media, including the BBC, are out to get him in my opinion. Not one word in this item about the 9,000 people there were and look at the picture they are trying to show as a typical Trump supporter.

Every article the BBC put on they slip in as much negativity as possible if you analyse it, in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39018096

• I find this to be a typical example of the extreme measures some are willing to go to to trash this man. Whether you like someone or not, whether you support them and their ideology or not, you have no right whatsoever to make assessments of their character on flimsy evidence (or no evidence at all) and you have no right whatsoever to pump this out over the airwaves, and onscreen and television. No right whatsoever. It is in fact, a crime to assassinate someone's character with no evidence. It is the behaviour of the worst form of internet troll.

I think it has just happened to the leader of Ukip, has it not? Surely preventing this is a good thing.

Unless these media outlets and their oddball "experts" would like to be seen as somewhat psychotic in their own right and definitely way beyond the pale in their modus operandi in terms of their function as reporters and purveyors of news, they will give some thought to what they are doing.

I'm finding it disgusting and even more repugnant is their endless attempt to lay into Trump's family, and worst of all, his young son.

• He makes the same repetitive hand gestures. The same repetitive phrases. He is obsessed about people being "nice" to him. Why should he care, he's the most powerful person in the world? He frets about tv ratings, or headlines in the New York Times. Doesn't he have more important things to concern himself with? And finally, all this fake news visceral coming from him and his team, what is all that about? Why does he care so much about criticism, he should rise above it all because he IS above it all?

Emotive, repetitive, sulky and/or stony faced. He's act like a spoilt little boy who needs a good smack. He's not a happy chap, but is he a stable one?

• I don't think anyone will have long to wait before they find out one way or another. I just think the present media circus is madder than he might ever be. I am glad they are carrying on the way are as it is begging the question as to who is more devious. I detest the way the press operates today, so let them eat cake and choke.

• He makes the same repetitive hand gestures. The same repetitive phrases. He is obsessed about people being "nice" to him. Why should he care, he's the most powerful person in the world? He frets about tv ratings, or headlines in the New York Times. Doesn't he have more important things to concern himself with? And finally, all this fake news visceral coming from him and his team, what is all that about? Why does he care so much about criticism, he should rise above it all because he IS above it all?

Emotive, repetitive, sulky and/or stony faced. He's act like a spoilt little boy who needs a good smack. He's not a happy chap, but is he a stable one?

A lot of that is down to him being a businessman and not a politician. He'll get used to it. I think he thinks being POTUS will be easy.

• I don't think anyone will have long to wait before they find out one way or another. I just think the present media circus is madder than he might ever be. I am glad they are carrying on the way are as it is begging the question as to who is more devious. I detest the way the press operates today, so let them eat cake and choke.

He's got important things to do, being overly obsessed with tv ratings and strongly resenting criticism, I reckon we already know how he'll be. But, perhaps he'll change...

I am quite often on the internet at 3am, but I'm not the American president. His 3am tweeting is bizarre.

• That might also be because he's a businessman and for that kind of corporate biggie sleep doesn't interfere with the job at hand. He may be accustomed to all night problem crunching. Most of them are.

I think as he comes from the commercial world and not the world of senatorial dynasty, he will be a cookie of toughness the rest of the "swamp" are unaccustomed to. They are accustomed to bullshit on steroids of a different kind. For them, things don't really have to work, they just need the right connections among their own elite and they can even send you all off to war on the flimsiest of pretexts.

Enter the brash businessman. He is accustomed to telling people to eff off and he is accustomed to the atmosphere of the hostile takeover merchant, so Trump might tend to be a little more of a cowboy and a lot less of a diplomat. He also expects people to actually do their jobs because in his world if you don't - you're fired.

I don't think any of the negative blurb about him matters. I think he should be judged by what he does and at the moment, unlike anything else in the swamp of privileged servants to cabals of one kind or another, Trump is wading in like a hippo and pulling out weeds as he goes along. The weeds he most dislikes are the ones in the sludgy river of the media. For that he has my wholehearted support. They have become a collective of meme weavers and promoters of ideologies. Journalism went out of the window long ago with this lot.

Of course not all journalists are like this, but do the honourable ones get any joy out of editors on the payroll of hugeness that directs far more in our lives than just paper sales and internet and TV viewing?

• I think Trump thought that running a country was the same as running a business, you give out your orders, do this and get that. What he hasn't considered is that the press weren't watching his every move and listening to his every word when he ran his businesses, waiting for him to slip up as they are now. Whoever is advising him is an idiot. Things like the Swedish gaff make him look an idiot and if someone gave him the wrong information he should be fired. You can't make mistakes like that and get away with it in his position.

He needs to have every speech written down and checked and stick to the script until he learns ' politician speak ' and can talk himself out of that sort of situation.

He's far from the first politician who has screwed up in saying something.

• He merely got the date wrong. The way the press is carrying on you'd think what he said has no basis in reality. Parts of Sweden have been the scene of riots, violence and conflict between immigrants and locals and internecine conflict in immigration high areas, increased crime and hostility for a while now. Saying it happened on Friday when it happened multiple times before Friday doesn't alter the fact that Sweden is in deep trouble over it's inane immigration policies and its equally dumbfounding attempts to change the country into a multicultural paradise. I think the press might be well advised to look at Sweden's ongoing civic unrest rather than go heave-ho over getting rid of Trump. Also, Sweden needs to undergo a Swexit.

I agree that Trump needs to play the swamp by its own rules up to point. As they are looking at every detail, and inventing quite a lot as they go along, all Trump has to do is rather let the media trip up. Trump needs to keep quiet about some of the things he is thinking. He tends to have a very open manner of sharing that is linked to his real world business experience where "Hi, how are you, see my Twitter page" is what you do.

Politics isn't a swamp for nothing. Therein be dragons. He needs to get a dragon of his own and learn to ride it as fast as possible. He is possibly a quick learner. Have to see how he makes out with the conniving twisters that are after his blood and won't hesitate to troll his family if they think that might be useful.

• If you want to be concerned about the intellectual fitness of a President why not use the most salient example of unfitness - George W. Bush.

Yet, the world is still going round and America is still there. So someone like Trump is just another President, whether fit or unfit would need some time to assess. All this hysteria has neglected to judge him after he has been in office for more than a few days. It began straight after Hilary didn't win. :D