Would you pay £50 to see a GP?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I wouldn't pay that to see one in my local GP practice. But if I thought it was desperately urgent I'd probably be prepared pay that or perhaps a bit more to see a GP with a private practice. At the moment, our local GP practice is pretty good. Keeping a long story short, last year I had an X ray just before I went on holiday. 4 days into the holiday the GP rang ' Where are you?' - On holiday in Devon, says I - Well get back here. You need an urgent scan. - Then he tried to offer a crumb of comfort ' But I don't want you to think it's necessarily anything serious.'

Cheers doc. Fortunately all was well anyway. :D

• I think £50 would be too much for a lot of people to pay. It would be a better idea to charge everyone £5 a visit to give the NHS more money. It would have to be universal for everyone though, except perhaps those under 18, because means testing would cost too much to administer. Perhaps a 'season ticket' as is offered for frequent prescriptions could be the answer to that to keep the cost down for frequent users.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!