Guns, Guns, Guns. America loves Guns.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Still legal and in the USA under Biden probably sensible.

Personally I think it abhorrent but I am not American.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• What a horrific picture! Round a Christmas tree of all things :huh:

It's totally sick isn't it? And that's the whole problem. Many Americans think this is perfectly normal, even after more more children have just been slain by guns.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Biden is doing absolutely nothing about stopping the Gun culture in the US. He has kicked the problem into the long grass. Obama, during the two terms of office did exactly Zero about the same problem. Trump at least tried ( unsuccessfully) to restrict the type of weapons that would be available to the public.

Biden is also letting the people down with his insistence that it's OK to kill unborn children by backing the current Abortion laws. Meanwhile Christians are trying to save those unborn children. Another example of Biden kicking the problem into the long grass. Even decent democrats are fed up with Biden.

• the problem is that the national rifle association has too much political influence. they buy politicians, especially ones with the right connections that can pull all sorts of tactics which would prevent any proposed legislation getting through. and then there is the second amendment which has the force of law in america. All the time that is a part of the constitution gun ownership is untouchable. Repeal the second amendment? Well, successive american presidents have said they would like to but none have seriously tried it. probably because if it ever looked like they were serious, or were getting somewhere, they would become a bullet magnet for every american who owns a gun. which is probably more than half of them.

americans are not above killing presidents. 4 have been assassinated and 2 others were attempted assassinations. All of these were by firearm. What does that tell you?

• There;s something wrong with the mentality in the States. Plenty of other countries with guns and don't have the number of shootings they have. The scary thing is we have the same mentality here but the difference is we don't have the number of guns so use knifes and whatever else we can get our hands on. Sometimes an injury from a knife attack can be worse than getting killed as that person then has to live with the disability for life.

• American society is breaking down. It is a sick society. No more so than during the last few months. There is a complete lack of leadership and political direction. Frustration is causing violence and there is no respect for the "lame duck" president Biden.

America is like a rudderless ship and will very soon be destroyed by running aground.

• American society is breaking down. It is a sick society. No more so than during the last few months. There is a complete lack of leadership and political direction. Frustration is causing violence and there is no respect for the "lame duck" president Biden.

America is like a rudderless ship and will very soon be destroyed by running aground.

Yes, let’s hope both main parties select rather younger blood to stand for President next time. I am concerned that this hiatus of sensible, statesman-like leadership may be quite dangerous for the world.

I think the guns issue is seperate Mike and has been around long since Trump, Biden, Reagan etc.

If we had guns then all the knife violence that happens in London, would be gun violence instead. The difference is that over there, any American can walk into Walmart and buy a gun. Not so easy for us, although not impossible.

• Yeah its a normal everyday event for the yanks when they go shopping, "Cornflakes, sugar, coffee, handgun, toilet paper damn they don't have my usual brand!" :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• And more guns...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, in this case the Dirty Harry thing worked. The thief returned the package and ran like a bat out of hell. :)

• I think the nature of criminals and crimes have largely dictated the size and number of guns. Since criminals have become the darlings of the movement to break down civilization, the public has been at greater risk from their actions. They are no longer executed. They whine about their past to gain victim status and make their crimes seem the fault of someone else, usually the group designated for cancellation, and therefore justified. So citizens have become more afraid that criminals will get braver. They have, internationally. That they will get off more often. They do. That there will be no one to call when the police have been defunded ... ;) So the circle of distrust and blame gets worse and more guns are acquired.

I don't know what to do about it, but the causes and effects seem obvious everywhere they occur. In the end what tends to happen is the criminals get rich and move into government and big business. After that the citizens have their guns taken away and the only ones everyone needs to fear are the elite and their own police, the military and the justice system that works for the latter.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!