Iran, nukes and terrorism

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You don't know what your government get up to, the same as we don't know what out government get up to.

I agree that negotiation is the best recourse, but that should have attempted before you took a ship in retaliation. Retaliation leads to more retaliation, and can lead to war. IF (and it's a big if) the UK took the Iranian ship illegally, then why didn't Iran use diplomatic means, or even mediation before taking a UK ship? C'mon .... tell me why!

I find it very difficult to believe that the UK ship 'was on the wrong side' or that it rammed an Iranian fishing vessel.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• You don't know what your government get up to, the same as we don't know what out government get up to.

I agree that negotiation is the best recourse, but that should have attempted before you took a ship in retaliation. Retaliation leads to more retaliation, and can lead to war. IF (and it's a big if) the UK took the Iranian ship illegally, then why didn't Iran use diplomatic means, or even mediation before taking a UK ship? C'mon .... tell me why!

I find it very difficult to believe that the UK ship 'was on the wrong side' or that it rammed an Iranian fishing vessel.

You are wasting your time fidget , he listens to press TV for pitys sake!

Iran tried to use diplomatic solutions for two weeks now. But nothing happened. What are we supposed to do? When the UK said they will keep our ship 30 days longer, we snapped.

I dont want war.

• The UK tried to use diplomatic solutions for two weeks. Nothing happened, except threats from Iran and DELIBERATELY increasing the tensions by seizure of a UK ship.

We don't want war either, but Iran is going to encourage it if they keep breaking international laws.

Anyway, you believe what you like. I agree with Nigel that you don't really want our opinions. You just want to press home your own opinions. Time will tell which country is the warmonger and I very much doubt it will be the UK!

Now go try and talk some sense into your government instead of wasting your time here .... or don't you have political forums in Iran where you can vent your spleen?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• The UK tried to use diplomatic solutions for two weeks. Nothing happened, except threats from Iran and DELIBERATELY increasing the tensions by seizure of a UK ship.

We don't want war either, but Iran is going to encourage it if they keep breaking international laws.

Anyway, you believe what you like. I agree with Nigel that you don't really want our opinions. You just want to press home your own opinions. Time will tell which country is the warmonger and I very much doubt it will be the UK!

Now go try and talk some sense into your government instead of wasting your time here .... or don't you have political forums in Iran where you can vent your spleen?

Im thankful for your words. It shows how much your so called exchange of ideas is just words. You want boil in your own dogma and you dont have the ability to think into others.

A core problem is, that UK breaks international law. And we feel powerless if we dont act against that.

Remember it was UK taking our ship first. Thats the core. Now UK is in same situation. We want our ship free. Thats what matters for us and i hope the UK can give us our ship back.

The moment our ship is free, the british ship will be free as well.

If we release the uk ship and the UK does not release our ship, we would lose our face.

• You ignore the queries I put to you and like a typical politician, you answer the question you wanted to be asked. DO YOU HAVE POLITICAL FORUMS IN IRAN??????? I am trying to understand why you are here, because your reasons so far have all been baloney!

I do not like one way, one sided, discussions.

• yes we have political forums in Iran. Like irandefense.com

I like to talk with people from other countries. Im also in a russian forum.

That said, you see im never agressive or rude to anyone here and find the way you talk to me not very respectful.

I looked google for a british politic forum, when our ship was taken.

• You see yourself as you wish to see yourself. It isn't reflected in reality. Bye now.

• You see yourself as you wish to see yourself. It isn't reflected in reality. Bye now.

You dont own reality and you are not the center of the universe. You may accept, that your point of view is not universal. In the end, the UK is a small country with little international power. Brexit shows that even more, since it reduces the UK to a mere american vasall.

The UK lives in the illussion, that non europeans must bow to them. Iran doesnt bow. India hates you and has more international power and China laughs about you as well. Russia poisons people in your own country without consequence. See our action as medicine and accept your international status, which is like Switzerland or Italy.

• Haha. You really take the biscuit. Iran is very welcome to you. I am certain you fit right in there.

• Haha. You really take the biscuit. Iran is very welcome to you. I am certain you fit right in there.

We live in 2019 and i guess adjusting to the new realities might not be so easy for you. The UK is not a nation with much international power.

I think China said it as first openly and called the UK an old museum.

There wont be any war. The risks are too high. Iran made clear it would destroy evrything around us. The desalination plants in Saudi Arabia and the Emirates, the oil infrastructure. Attack Israel and burn down the entire region.

The UK doesnt want that and without US support, UK does nothing. USA already chickened out. All we get are empty threats.

So what will happen? UK will release our ship. We will release the UK ship. And all is fine.

Iran learned, that the west in general only learns from pressure. As soon we appear weak, we get exploited. We have the UK 14 days to think about its mistake. It did not learn. So now we teach a lesson in respect.

• Whatever. I've heard better stories from Beatrix Potter.

• We live in 2019 and i guess adjusting to the new realities might not be so easy for you. The UK is not a nation with much international power.

The UK's power is diminished, I agree, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible for the Iranian regime to seize our tanker, but we are still in the Top 5 of world powers, both military, politically and economically.

There wont be any war. The risks are too high. Iran made clear it would destroy evrything around us. The desalination plants in Saudi Arabia and the Emirates, the oil infrastructure. Attack Israel and burn down the entire region.

Iran won't directly attack Israel, which is why it uses its proxies (the terrorist groups) to do its bidding. Unlike Iran, Israel is a nuclear power and if Iran were foolish enough to launch a massive direct attack on Israel, then Iran would cease to exist.

So what will happen? UK will release our ship. We will release the UK ship. And all is fine.

Iran learned, that the west in general only learns from pressure. As soon we appear weak, we get exploited. We have the UK 14 days to think about its mistake. It did not learn. So now we teach a lesson in respect.

All is not fine, even if both tankers are released, things have gone too far.

• Well , I could use hundreds of words to say nothing like you do , but life is too short .

Excellent rejoinder! Apologies - I didn't know you knew only "hundreds" of words. As that's not many, you should know that "rejoinder" means a witty comeback. So now you can add that to your finite vocabulary.

• 1 Debate means agreeing or disagreeing with what the other person says and if disagreeing, provide a counter argument. Your idea of debate is to ignore anything you disagree with. That's a mindless mob mentality.

2 America opened the door to discussion, to find a solution. Your country chose to rebuff that invitation. Wouldn't you like your country to be liked and paid attention to for something more than just its oil?

3 No country will ever be a sincere ally to a country that thinks the way you do. All you can hope for are rogue nations who can be your dear enemies, who will try and use you just as you are trying to use them They and us will buy your oil as long as it is necessary and there is no better choice. Iran is more a "good bye" than a "good buy", more a "distress" purchase. After the oil runs out or when replaced by new types of energy, you won't see us for dust (nor any other country) and you'll be on a diet of sand rissoles.

4 You want respect. We all want that. What is there to respect about you and Iran? In answering that, try not to confuse respect & admiration with fear & apprehension. There are too many power players on this globe, with too many dangerous toys, leading to M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction). You might be in a better mental state if you cut down on steroids!

5 I agree with you. The UK was stupid grabbing your tanker near Gibraltar and thinking Iran wouldn't do the same with their tanker near their coastline. I think Iran is right not to care about EU rules, regulations or points of law about sanctions. Your action was a justifiable proportional measure-for-measure retaliation. The fact that Britain is now pompously huffing & puffing would be laughable if it wasn't so embarrassing.

6 You don't wan't to be treated in a bad way? Gee, what a surprise! What country or its people does?

BTW: there is no significance in my sometimes saying "you" and other times saying "Iran". I regard you and Iran as interchangeable, not least because you might be a paid agent or shill for the Iranian government or theocracy or Revolutionary Guards or Thought Police or whatever. If you're none of those things and just a typical member of the Iranian public, then that means your thoughts are genuine and typical of those of the Iranian public, which is an even worse prospect.

• What is there to respect about me and my country you ask?

I´m a human being, we are human beings. If you see nothing worth of respect, then you tell more about yourself than you maybe want too.

Iran is one of the oldest nations on this planet. We have wonderful history, culture, art and nature.

American opened nothing. We had a deal. We did stick to the deal. America broke it. What is the door of discussion when we are treated like a dog?

How much should we bow? We had a deal. We did stick to it, got betrayed and USA offers a new deal. Who tells us this one wont be broken as well?

And you call this an invitation? To break our deal, hurt us in economy in a massive way and expect us to bow.

Tell me, do you understand that we have selfesteem? That we want to look in the mirror and not be ashamed?

I would rather die, than live like a poodle.

We also udnerstand one thing very well. USA doesnt want war. They cant afford it. Iran is too big for them and our attitude to go mad, is not controlable for them.

What you think about me, doesnt matter. What i believe is genuine. I speak for myself. Not my people. But if you know my people a bit, you know full well, we are fiercly independend thinking people.

So i hope your country will realize what they do here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!