Iran, nukes and terrorism

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Iran oil tanker: Gibraltar orders release of Grace 1

Gibraltar has freed an Iranian oil tanker detained last month on suspicion of sanctions-busting, despite a last-minute plea by the US authorities.

The UK territory received written assurances from Iran that the ship would not discharge its cargo in Syria.

Grace 1, carrying Iranian oil, was stopped by Royal Marines on 4 July, triggering a standoff with Tehran.

Gibraltar's chief justice, Anthony Dudley, said no US application was currently before the court.

Lets see if the Iranians release the British tanker now, they could just keep hold of it...

• Lets see if the Iranians release the British tanker now, they could just keep hold of it...

We will keep our word. We are very happy about the behavior change of our british friends. Even more so they stood up this time and did not bow to american pressure.

Our president said, we will release the british ship when ours is free and im sure we will release the Stena Imperia in next hours or days.

• And then what?

Before the tanker seizures, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard was attacking various tankers, including a Japanese one just as the Japanese PM was visiting Iran.

If both tankers are released, its just back to square one with nothing resolved.

Do you have prove for such allegations? Why would Iran attack a japanese tanker? Qui bono?

You know what a false flag attack is?

• Lets see if the Iranians release the British tanker now, they could just keep hold of it...

So far the Grace 1 has not left Gibraltar. The deal is that the Stena Impero leaves Bandar Abbas once the Grace 1 is free.

It looks like the USA right now pressure the Uk to keep our ship and oil. Iran watchs with great interest how free the UK is.

• Iran tanker: US issues warrant to seize Grace 1 supertanker

The US justice department has issued a warrant to seize a detained Iranian oil tanker, a day after a judge in Gibraltar ordered it to be released.

The Grace 1 supertanker, which is carrying 2.1m barrels of oil, was detained on 4 July on suspicion of illegally transporting oil to Syria.

A last-minute legal attempt by the US to keep the tanker detained was rejected by Gibraltar on Thursday.

Looks like the tanker is going nowhere.

America could've called Iran's bluff here and just waited and saw where the tanker ended up. The Iranians said they would not send it to Syria, but now we won't know.

It looks like the USA right now pressure the Uk to keep our ship and oil. Iran watchs with great interest how free the UK is.

The UK goes by law and a legal warrant was issued by the Americans for the seizure of the tanker.

Do you have prove for such allegations? Why would Iran attack a japanese tanker? Qui bono?

You know what a false flag attack is?

A Japanese tanker was attacked, do you doubt that? If you do doubt that, there is nothing more to be said. The pictures of the damage are all over the internet.

On the question of who is the attacker, America says it is Iran and they used a mine. The Japanese say they think their ship was hit by some kind of projectile, but someone did attack the tanker in the same way several other tankers were attacked.

• Looks like the tanker is going nowhere.

America could've called Iran's bluff here and just waited and saw where the tanker ended up. The Iranians said they would not send it to Syria, but now we won't know.

The UK goes by law and a legal warrant was issued by the Americans for the seizure of the tanker.

A Japanese tanker was attacked, do you doubt that? If you do doubt that, there is nothing more to be said. The pictures of the damage are all over the internet.

On the question of who is the attacker, America says it is Iran and they used a mine. The Japanese say they think their ship was hit by some kind of projectile, but someone did attack the tanker in the same way several other tankers were attacked.

You dont run by law. You get orders from your american masters.

As said, we watch with great interest. As long you keep our ship, we keep yours.

We too go by law. The british ship rammed an iranian fishing vessel and tried to escape, even shutting down its transponder.

Its up for the UK now to show if they are independend or not. Iran has patience. Meanwhile our waters are closed for any british vessels. Your BP already had to close down its activity in the region because of this.

They said here in TV if you seize our ship and oil, this is seen as theft. You want to steal the oil and you should know Iran will let the UK pay for that.

We got several new A320 last year and their engines are leased from R&R. So if the UK steals our oil on this ship, R& R will pay for the oil in engines.

We will not bow infront the american tyrants and certainly not infront their poodle.

• You dont run by law. You get orders from your american masters.

A judge issuing a warrant that is recognised under international law and treaty.

We too go by law. The british ship rammed an iranian fishing vessel and tried to escape, even shutting down its transponder

Rubbish. No fishing vessel was rammed by us. What's your news source for this? Presumably Iranian which is State controlled.

And your regime doesn't go by any kind of law, not any kind that is recognised internally, it's a State sponsor of terror which is why we're all in this situation to begin with. It seized the British tanker illegally in international waters.

• A judge issuing a warrant that is recognised under international law and treaty.

Rubbish. No fishing vessel was rammed by us. What's your news source for this? Presumably Iranian which is State controlled.

And your regime doesn't go by any kind of law, not any kind that is recognised internally, it's a State sponsor of terror which is why we're all in this situation to begin with. It seized the British tanker illegally in international waters.

Dont you think thats kinda one sided?

So you say we are evil and you are good. Its all our fault we are in this situation, if we would bow and become vasalls all this ends, right? Should we reinstall the muppet Shah to please you?

That Stena Impero switched off transponder is a fact.

I have news for you. You dont solve a conflict peacefull when you accuse the other side as evil, state sponsore of terror and lawless.

You know what terror is? Depriving iranian cancer patients from their medication, thats what your country does.

• A judge issuing a warrant that is recognised under international law and treaty.

In Iranian media the commentators are actually surprised the the UK finally stood up against the tyrant and acted like an independend nation. We did not expect that here honestly.

Once our tanker is save back home, the british ship will be released as well. You will see Iran keeps word.

In Iran all this is celebrated as big victory. Not against London but against USA and Trump.

We also see it in a way that we help to free your country from a tyrant.

You are a wonderful country. You dont need to follow them. Step out of their bullying and be a free nation.

• Regardless of these tankers, as I said before, the Iranian regime is still a State sponsor or terrorism and thanks to Trump ripping up the nuclear deal, there's that issue too to deal with too.

As the quantity of mostly American warships increases in the gulf, there will come a tipping point when things explode. Trump has no interest in regime change, he hated the war in Iraq, but I think the American patience with the Iranian regime is almost at zero now. When it goes to zero, the Americans will attack, in my opinion, so celebrations are a little premature, I believe.

• Dont you think thats kinda one sided?

So you say we are evil and you are good. Its all our fault we are in this situation, if we would bow and become vasalls all this ends, right? Should we reinstall the muppet Shah to please you?

That Stena Impero switched off transponder is a fact.

I have news for you. You dont solve a conflict peacefull when you accuse the other side as evil, state sponsore of terror and lawless.

You know what terror is? Depriving iranian cancer patients from their medication, thats what your country does.

I didn't respond to this because you keep (deliberately??) misquoting me and it's getting tiresome. No, the Shah shouldn't come back.

I never said Iran was evil, the problem is with the regime of Iran, it's leaders, not its people. And if you believe that your country follows the rule of law, then I disagree. How it can it a lawful society when the "law" is decided by one person, the Supreme Leader?

On the transponder issue, the Americans say that the Iranian revolutionary guard are using some kind of jamming signal which messes up all the GPS (satellite) signals making the tankers go off course.

• I didn't respond to this because you keep (deliberately??) misquoting me and it's getting tiresome. No, the Shah shouldn't come back.

I never said Iran was evil, the problem is with the regime of Iran, it's leaders, not its people. And if you believe that your country follows the rule of law, then I disagree. How it can it a lawful society when the "law" is decided by one person, the Supreme Leader?

On the transponder issue, the Americans say that the Iranian revolutionary guard are using some kind of jamming signal which messes up all the GPS (satellite) signals making the tankers go off course.

When evrything was decided by the Shah the UK was fine with that. You were big friends with this dictator. We are far more democratic now than under the shah.

In Iran not just one man decides. The supreme leader has much power but there are elected entities. Under the Shah was just the Shah.

Do you think we should become like Saudi Arabia? Afterall you are great friend with those.

I just would like to understand.

And i can calm you down, there wont be a war. A war with Iran would mean the complete destruction of Dubai, end of Saudi Arabia and propably some sunken american aircraft carriers.

Also dont forget Iran has hundreds of intercontinental rockets that can reach as far as London.

Its best for both sides to stay reasonable.

• When evrything was decided by the Shah the UK was fine with that. You were big friends with this dictator. We are far more democratic now than under the shah.

Nonsense. One kind of dictator, the royal kind, was just replaced with another kind, the religious fundamentalist variety. Either way, the Iranian people got screwed.

• Nonsense. One kind of dictator, the royal kind, was just replaced with another kind, the religious fundamentalist variety. Either way, the Iranian people got screwed.

Says someone who never stepped a foot into Iran. We have elections now, infact Iran is most democratic country in the entire region.

This kind of arrogance which is often shown from british just led to your humilation at Gibraltar. Please adjust to tze fact that UK is not a great power anymore.

• Just watching a live press conference with Brian Hook, the American envoy for Iran, and he's basically saying that the Trump administration is not going to back down over Iran.

He is re-iterating that Iran funds terrorism through its export of its oil and that's why its so important for Iran's tankers to be stopped and he labelled any tanker crew who ship's Iran's oil as terrorists and subject to sanction under American law.

He is saying that America has been very successful in denying Iran its oil revenues which is curbing its terrorists activities, missile building etc.

He wants Iran to stop its terrorist activities, stop its nuclear program and come back to the negotiationg table, but until then America will keep up the pressure.

• Iran maybe the "most" democratic country in the region, but it is not a democracy.

Can Iran's elected president overrule the supreme leader? (It's a rhetorical question, I know the answer)

Can Saudi Arabia elected president overrule the king? Oh wait, there is no elected president. There are not even elections

Maybea elected president could have told saudi arabias crown prince to stop to cut journalists in embassy in pieces and erase the body parts in acid.

But hey i´m sure the UK would break with Saudi Arabia with its extreme barbaric customs... uhh wait...

Your crown price joking with MBS (Mr Bone Saw)

348162.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3p-FoMC92LlDew0m0iLOrikUhtsXUL-x1Mig5UEFMI8CGHSu5

GettyImages-928564078.jpg

• Just watching a live press conference with Brian Hook, the American envoy for Iran, and he's basically saying that the Trump administration is not going to back down over Iran.

He is re-iterating that Iran funds terrorism through its export of its oil and that's why its so important for Iran's tankers to be stopped and he labelled any tanker crew who ship's Iran's oil as terrorists and subject to sanction under American law.

He is saying that America has been very successful in denying Iran its oil revenues which is curbing its terrorists activities, missile building etc.

He wants Iran to stop its terrorist activities, stop its nuclear program and come back to the negotiationg table, but until then America will keep up the pressure.

China buys our oil. India want buy it as well.

We dont negotiate. We dont need to. We also dont need consent of USA. We are proud people.

We had a deal, USA broke it.

The good thing is, USA is not the superpower anymore. We have other options. The west is dieing. We look east.

• You do have a point. I agree that the sight of politicians and Royals sitting smiling alongside murderous oppressive dictators is a repugnant sight.

The future will be rather different, I think, from the present, but one must always be careful of getting some the same sort of thing from others. It's good to be a proud people. It's a lack of pride in the modern west that is causing all this disgusting sycophancy. And greed, of course, and privilege and all that unpleasantness that goes together with needing to keep up the expense accounts of the elected (:D) officials of the world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!