Blast at Manchester Arena

• Police are responding to a "serious incident" in Manchester amid reports of an "explosion" following a pop concert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

====

Kids and others go out to a pop concert and it looks like some of them may have been killed by a probable terrorist attack.

When will this end?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Just woke up to this awful news.

Disgusting. Ariana Grande is popular with youngsters, so this was obviously designed for maximum impact.

• It has had that impact. This morning I see at least 19 dead and upwards of 50 injured. If a politician says yet again, "They won't divide us," just put a bag over its head. That mantra has long outworn its sell-by date. :mad:

• When will this end?

It will only end when we start to take proactive action against those most likely to be responsible. There are by anybody's estimates at least a thousand extremists in this country including those who have been to fight for terrorist organisations in the Middle East and Afghanistan and returned. I believe it was said in the news recently there are a thousand suspects under surveillance.

Until we get a grip of the situation, stop saying "oh dear how sad never mind/ they will not defeat us/ keep calm and carry on." and other platitudes and start rounding up, detaining and deporting these people it will continue. Abu Hamza preached hatred for 10 years. Anjem Choudary preached hate for 20 years. Were their supporters responsible? If we had stopped them, we may have stopped this carnage.

But until we do actually do something, I'll wait for the usual drivel about " a very small minority/this isn't Islam" and "It wasn't me guv, honest. " while the killers and their supporters are laughing at our feeble responses.

• Absolutely agree with you. It also reveals that no matter how much they try, they cannot stop terrorists from infiltrating public gatherings and wreaking havoc. I have seen the love-heart symbols, prayers, weeping and group hugging already manifesting across social media. There is no point to all that crap. It's just a veneer for doing nothing about it and moving involvement and opinion into the deep, soggy well of sentiment.

• BBC Radio 4 this morning was wallowing in it. Perhaps the snowflakes who used such rediculous hyperbole on social media at the Brexit vote and other minor matters now realise what "devastated" really means. At least it's knocked the politicking for six for a while.

Reports say the suicide bomber was male. I don't think it's going to be too difficult to fill in the rest of the profile. :(

We must stop pussyfooting about and clamp down on the extremeists and hate preachers. Make it totally clear that if they cannot conform to the behaviour expected of the inhabitants of this isle that they are not welcome to stay. If that means revoking their citizenship then so be it.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• I assume its safe to go in my garden, which is what I'm about to do in a minute to continue my work, but it does seem that beyond the borders of your own property, you might, if you are very unlucky, get caught up in one of these terrorist incidents.

The IRA let off a load of bombs in their time too, but I don't recall quite the carnage as this and in some cases they did warn about the bombs. This jihadist campaign, or whatever it is, is just killing for the sake of it.

Right, normal service will resume in a few days, back to the digging.

• Being realistic the chances of any individual getting blown up in a year by a terrorist is less likely than getting struck by lightning (1.5 million to 1). I think you're safe to go gardening H unless there's a black cloud overhead. :D

I must admit I've never heard of the artist that the concert was by. Must be my age.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• Okay, now the usual outpourings of utterly meaningless mantras and slogans have begun.

"We are not afraid". (You should be and if you were, you wouldn't be so stupid as not to search baggage at an event like that. They knew you wouldn't, they think you're stupid and now 22 of you are dead.)

"I love Manchester." (All of a sudden everyone loves Manchester. They also all loved Charlie, Paris, London, etc when more atrocities happened there. Did that help? Obviously not. Wake up.)

"Love is the answer", etc with a number of love slogans as though a bunch of hippy ideology and a few hugs will fix this thing that keeps on and on erupting. (Love is not the answer, it is the problem. Stop loving everything you see, hugging all the lampposts and turning on the waterworks every time some useless scumbag blows you to kingdom come, smashes into you with a car or a truck, beheads your soldiers in the street or shoots the shit out of you at a public place.)

Then there is the candle lit vigils and the teddy bears and the gatherings. These are pointless and don't bring anyone back, nor do they make you look very angry about these atrocities. You look powerless. The terrorists are no doubt falling about pissing themselves at your response. Because, to them, your behaviour is weak, useless, desperate and highly amusing. They think their God thinks the same of you as they do. And you have only yourselves to blame for this. Get off your hands and knees, stop sloganeering, turn off the sentiment and false love and do something serious about putting a permanent stop to this. The public is the responsibility of the government and as atrocity after atrocity is met with "they won't divide us", or "expect more of the same", it might be time for you to do a Donald Trump on these awful psychos. Putting the military on the streets is going to cost a fortune and if you don't search people at gatherings, the bombs will continue to go off. In fact, they may increase in frequency. All the love-heart iconography in the universe can't take the place of a bloody good kick up the jacksie to anyone who even contemplates blowing you up and crippling you and causing havoc and trauma that will last the rest of your lives, no matter what anyone says about love and huggy-doodle brotherhood. That and reality have nothing in common.

This is a simple fact. Ignore it at your peril. Love does not conquer all, it creates the chink in the armour of once warrior nations through which the serpent of chaos pokes its obnoxious and unruly snout.

• .... as always another good post from you. I'll digest and respond later.

As I've been busy, not been following the news over the last week, but armed soldiers are to be deployed now, the bomber has been named (by the Americans) and their maybe more of them out there (what's new):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40023488

• I think on this specific event LW, I disagree with your thrust of what you're saying mainly because the bulk of the people at this concert were kids, so I would expect to see some hugs, teddy bears, candle light vigils etc.

I really do need to start creating some super topics, so we can put all this stuff in the same place as this ties in with the Trump visit to the Middle East too.

• No, I think this incident is the same as any of the others and perpetrated by the same psychopaths. The fact that some victims are children doesn't actually make much difference when it comes to the seizing of an opportunity to express hippy love and global identity on the part of certain opportunistic factions never asleep when it comes to a chance to punt their stupid creed.

Murder is murder. Two of the dead are someone's parents, Polish couple from Yorkshire, apparently. They are as precious to their families as any of the younger people killed. Because murder is murder is murder and there is no excuse for this sort of slaughter.

Putting troops on the streets now is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. It looks impressive but has as much of a chance of succeeding against radical terrorist activity in the medium to long term as I have of becoming the Sugar Plum Fairy.

I have read that many in Manchester especially, are incredibly angry. This is good. When I looked at the comments beneath this I saw the usual depressed mode of the posters who believe that no one really cares and all the ruling elite and the press want is to get what they planned and not even radical religious insanity is going to put a spanner in that works.

This is bad. The people should be made to feel better by the ruling power. They should feel part of a determined effort to wipe this lunatic belief system from the streets of all civilized nations, and there are a few that aren't western nor are they Christian or secular and they have suffered similar horrors.

How many remember, or care about, the Bangladeshi dissidents whose blog posts against this cult caused them to be hacked to death in the street? How many simultaneously feel united with all the women in these places being lashed a hundred times because they were raped, homosexuals being beaten to death, young girls being prevented from gaining education?

The whole thing is far bigger and uglier than a bit of sentiment and a few candles can possibly express or comprehend.

• I'm going to create a Islamic Terrorism super topic and we can stick all this stuff on there.

• The only police on this forum, are us! ;)

Give me a few days, because I'm going to create separate topics which will no doubt all cross "fertilise" each other:

The Islamic terrorism thread.
    Race, religion, immigration.
    Religion/belief in god

By creating the first two threads we can keep all matters to do with immigration, terrorism, race etc in those places and I will be strict on this. So, when we have incidents like this and the threads go off the rails, (as its already done...:p), we can discuss matters there.

• Has it gone off the rails?

Anyway, good idea for threads. Hopefully some will gather their testicular fortitude and give their opinion. :cool:

Gone off the rails is perhaps not the correct way of putting it, but pretty much any thread on terrorism rather than just talking about the specific event in itself quickly talks about the origins of the terrorists which leads onto to immigration and the subject of race and religion etc. Which is why I will need to be strict about this in the future and direct people to the super topics on the issue with the risk that it may shut down discussion. But I know from other forums that those on the Left quickly tire of such threads if they all become about immigration and race, so regardless of my own opinion on this, I need the forum to appeal to all, rather than just from one political spectrum.

• Terrorism debate should appeal to all and if it does not, why does it not? Immigration isn't some sacred secular religious issue that luvvies get angry about every time they see and opportunity to punt their mad agenda. It's an issue their high priests want to sweep under the counter for other reasons. If they are to be exposed to the harsh realities of existence - so be it. A number of threads on the topics may lead back to topical (excuse pun) issues that revolve around and maybe even centre on, the causal issues of religion and immigration. I don't think race has much to do with these at the moment. I think the main issue today is the proliferation of yet another dreadful mind bending, ultimately violent and oppressive middle eastern cult getting large and scary and bumping up against sensitive (but equally oppressive) pseudo western "values" that are smokescreens for ambitions that aren't allowing anyone to talk about what is topical and important just in case it buggers their chances in other directions, both politically and socially.

Don't worry about the sweet delicate feelings of the so-called left. It harbours some of the worst trolls and abusive bullies on earth, and out on the street, the worst violence in demonstrations. They're as tough as **** and as callous as corns. Let them eat cake. In fact, let them eat ****. 8)

But that's just me. I come from the trenches of this kind of thing. Let those who have been beaten up on the street by this lot tell you how bad it is for the people who work directly in opposition groups. Usually, forums run by them won't allow that much airtime. Again ... :cool:.

• Wait a minute, this is more like it! So there are a few warriors left among our people! Way ta go, lads. 8)

(I know this is rude and may offend extremists and various totems of globalism and multiculti amateur dramatics, but it's important for those who haven't got bridles on their bollocks to be free to have their say.)

• Well this is getting to be a bit of fiasco all round. The US media has released pictures of evidence, and this after they released the name of the bomber which could seriously have impeded the police in their efforts to arrest any accomplices. Then the BBC reporting on the release of those pictures and the anger in the government, reproduces them.

In addition the Telegraph is reporting that the bomber had been previously reported five times to the authorities by members of the public because of his extremist views but no one did anything about it. In addition, the bomber seems to have been in and out of Libya and Syria and yet was welcomed back here with open arms and no checks made on what he'd been up to.

There are now troops guarding Downing Street and Buckingham Palace and there is a report in the Mail that the Trooping of the Colour may be postponed or cancelled.

Meanwhile, we are getting the usual ' They will not prevail. We are united. Love beats hate. Here are pictures of Muslims helping old ladies across the street so we know they aren't all terrorists.' ad infinitum.

It's a good job we were on a high state of alert before this attack. If they'd caught us totally unawares we wouldn't have a clue as to what we should be doing.

Please carry on as normal. I think I'll go for a lie down. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40040210

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new…tunities-stop-manchester/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/deb…ing-Colour-cancelled.html

• I've noticed this too, Morgan. I think the performance about the Americans publishing a photo of a bit of bomb debris and some bloody fabric is not going to "upset the loved ones" half so much as the actual deaths by barbaric explosions that happened on the night. The public has every right to know what is going on. The voices of authority seem to be voices of petulant annoyance because, as you mentioned, the little turd was a peak specimen for an attack and the bigwigs had been warned about five times about him. I also noticed the prominent photos of Muslims being caring. The ones I saw all wore black bags so they are fundamentalists, not wonderfully integrated British citizens.

The bullshit just goes on and on, but don't worry, half the army is on the streets because another attack is "imminent". If they are so sure of that then they will have known that there was a little acolyte of IS among the crowd at the concert.

It's looking iffy. In fact, the whole shebang is iffy and that is what brought people like Farrage onto the political stage on this matter in the first place.

They weren't wrong.

• Wait a minute, this is more like it! So there are a few warriors left among our people! Way ta go, lads. 8)

To be honest LW, those people remind me of my neighbours, the same "type" I want to get away from.

• Morgan,

The leak by the American authorities to their media was a serious breach of trust. May is meeting Trump today at a NATO conference, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

I'm trying to create some super topics on the issues of extremism, immigration, race etc, but the issues are all so intermingled, I'm struggling with how to handle it.

The problem is, we have people who are born here, but are alien to us. How we deal with them, is anyone's guess. But as far as I'm concerned, like the example you mentioned where this bomber had been in and out of Syria and Libya, not your usual holiday destinations, the police have got to take a hard line. But as I know from my experiences with the police over the last 12+ years with my awful neighbours, the police are fooking useless and that is the top and bottom of the problem. We could deal with these people in a instant if we so chose to do so, but it might cause "offense" to some. So, instead our people die.

• To be honest LW, those people remind me of my neighbours, the same "type" I want to get away from.

Yes, they have become somewhat repulsive, but they are the descendants of those who fought the wars, died to save us all and built Britain and especially England, so it's good to see them trying to take a stand. It would be nice, I agree, if they could do so sober and with less of the street gung-ho, but for that they will need a leader, a general of the chav armies and chieftains of the tribes of Albion and Celtia who can make them into weapons of resistance and show them how to be effective, instead of staggering about in Magaluf, crawling all over each other like drunken insects and peeing on garden walls after a match.

It is possible because it was done before, but it will need a lot of effort and a code of honour. That is what is missing. The balls they have, the image they have not. :cool:

• .... I wish Kate ra would come back, you pair would be brilliant together. Such fantastic writers! I might go and hunt her down on The Times site.

• Terrorism debate should appeal to all and if it does not, why does it not? Immigration isn't some sacred secular religious issue that luvvies get angry about every time they see and opportunity to punt their mad agenda. It's an issue their high priests want to sweep under the counter for other reasons. If they are to be exposed to the harsh realities of existence - so be it. A number of threads on the topics may lead back to topical (excuse pun) issues that revolve around and maybe even centre on, the causal issues of religion and immigration. I don't think race has much to do with these at the moment. I think the main issue today is the proliferation of yet another dreadful mind bending, ultimately violent and oppressive middle eastern cult getting large and scary and bumping up against sensitive (but equally oppressive) pseudo western "values" that are smokescreens for ambitions that aren't allowing anyone to talk about what is topical and important just in case it buggers their chances in other directions, both politically and socially

Right, well it's been months so sod the super topics for now, I can't write to safe my life in any case, so let's get into this. And I've been silent on my own forum for too long....

The reason no one is dealing with the terrorists is they believe it will open Pandora's Box and I believe they are correct.

Although on the surface, people are not bothered about different races, religions etc, underlying everything is a deep unease with people who look, sound, act and think differently to the majority, such as it is and certainly British people are not a majority in London anymore....

If the authorities really did start to clamp down on Islamic extremists it would ultimately lead to a crackdown on Muslims in general. I am not suggesting for one moment that all Muslims want holy jihad and to blow everyone up, clearly they don't. Muslims, the world over, are victims of such atrocities. If a billion plus Muslims wanted holy jihad, there would be no world. But as been shown by surveys in this country and even large Muslim countries like Malaysia, they do want Sharia Law. That is totally alien to us.

So, if a crackdown were to happen, it would then spill over into issues like Islamic schools, education of girls, the burka or hijab, treatment of women, etc etc. Why would women want to wear such items of clothing on a hot day? But all these issues delve right into the culture of Muslims, which in part, I stress, in part, feeds into the extremist agenda.

Because of my of my interest in media and satellite and cable tv, I once did some work for a cable tv company in East London called Encom. This was 25+ years ago. There was multiple problems from the ethic communities in East London of not paying bills and problems to do with installations. I saw this first hand one day, when I visited an estate. We had several installations to do and it was a predominantly Muslim on one side and African on the other site of the estate. Both groups had their own problems. But with the Muslims, the main issue was we had to install services in their homes (paid for by the State...) but could not look at, let alone talk to "their women". Try to be in someone's home and ignore them in their own home, it makes you feel sick and uncomfortable. And there were other things which were alien as well, like how they treated their pets etc.

If the police and government start to crackdown, they would have to cross into issues they cannot cross because if they do, there's no going back. And that's the top and bottom of the problem. It IS about race, different cultures and religions, who are simply different to us. We are not all the same. We're the same species, but not the same as thousands of years of wars have proved.

• .... I wish Kate ra would come back, you pair would be brilliant together. Such fantastic writers! I might go and hunt her down on The Times site.

She wrote some good stuff on here. Would be nice if she came back. She's far more civilised than I am. 8)

• .....well, we don't know, do we? But even if you both rubbed each other up the wrong way, you'd both be eloquent about it and write such great posts.:) Most of my posts don't go much beyond a few lines, at best.:(