Democrats want Trump impeached

• The US Democratic Party has begun a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump over allegations that he pressured a foreign power to damage a political rival.

Top Democrat Nancy Pelosi said the president "must be held accountable".

Mr Trump has denied wrongdoing and called the efforts a "witch hunt".

There is strong support from House Democrats for impeachment, but the proceedings would be unlikely to pass the Republican-controlled Senate.

Rather than waste time on this, why don't the Democrats put all their energies into finding the right candidate to beat Trump at the next election?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The Democrats are utter goons. Their time as a reputable political force is well and truly down the pan. They are full of dafties.

You only live twice, or so it seems

One life for yourself, and one for your dreams

• White House 'tried to cover up details of Trump-Ukraine call'

Senior White House officials tried to "lock down" all details of a phone call between Donald Trump and the Ukrainian president, according to a whistleblower complaint against the US president.

In the call, Mr Trump pushed Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate his leading domestic political rival, Joe Biden.

The newly released complaint says the call transcript was not stored in the usual computer system.

The various American news outlets believe Trump is in big trouble here.

Supposedly, he stopped some military aide to Ukraine as a way of pressuring the Ukrainian president to investigate Biden's son. Any interference what so ever in a American election is illegal under American law and as Biden Snr wants to be president, this action could fall foul of that law, but its the blocking of military aide that is leading to a particularly bad smell and now this cover up.

Trump is not looking happy. Does he have reason to be worried?

• Impeach Trump and get one of those clowns with heavy makeup and third wave feminist ambitions in the hot seat. Or some ancient liberal who thinks he has the found the secret of eternal multicultural happiness. Maybe they will all fall down in front of a teenager at some point when they finally shed the last of their sanity and plunge us all into veggie munching, wind turbine whirring happiness, accompanied by lions who lie down with lambs.

If they do that then it serves them right because often in this life arrogant misfits get what they ask for and dump the rest of us in the pooh they leave behind because people have started to become acolytes of the muck they continually take in from social media, the media itself and a desire to be on permanent holiday.

If Caligula were to come back he would think seriously of making his horse a President.

(Oooh, get her! )

You only live twice, or so it seems

One life for yourself, and one for your dreams

• I think Sanders is too old, but he is very popular with the young. Talking of which, here he is on American tv last night talking about Trump:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos…uiry-colbert-orig-vpx.cnn

No matter how much they throw at Trump it just makes the Americans love him even more

Same here with Boris

At least Boris is educated, Trump is just a ignorant lump.

Wouldn't it be amazing if there were just politicians who were honest and have strong convictions? Oh hang on, scrub that last bit. Trump does believe all the crap that comes out of his own mouth.:)

I say get that Swedish teen for president!8o

• "At least Boris is educated, Trump is just a ignorant lump."

I'm not so sure

Would an "ignorant lump" have made so much money and got himself elected President

And an educated Boris surely would have foreseen the box he has got himself into

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• He inherited the money and bullied his way into his position, so I'm not sure I agree there, but take the point.