Democrats want Trump impeached

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • ...and here is the Joe Biden confession that apparently is fake/didn't happen/is not relevant.

I have to say if this wasn't an admission of abuse of power I don't know what is.

This is why the democrats tried to impeach trump - to smoke screen this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Your comments demonstrate you were not following closely.

What kind of justice or truth is given by refusing to listen to all the facts, only that delivered by someone with something to hide

Imagine a murder trial where the defence managed to get vital evidence banned, only in a dictatorship and that is the way things are heading here as Svengali Cummings is trying to manage the press

• What kind of justice or truth is given by refusing to listen to all the facts, only that delivered by someone with something to hide

Imagine a murder trial where the defence managed to get vital evidence banned, only in a dictatorship and that is the way things are heading here as Svengali Cummings is trying to manage the press

Bryan,

You still don't get it.

The examination of all the evidence is done in the House of Representatives. The Democrats had full control of the evidence gathering process in the HoR because they are the majority in this house and it was down to them to be the prosecutors.

The Democrats investigated the whistleblowers complaint, identified the witnesses they wanted, deposed the witnesses (in secret in the basement of the HoR), they presented the evidence in the way in which they believed it showed the greatest level of incrimination and involvement of Trump and then they started their hearing in the HoR which went on for three months starting in late September and running til nearly Christmas.

During the hearing they bent the established rules and protocols to very breaking point. They denied the Republicans the opportunity to depose the witnesses themselves, they refused the Republicans the opportunity to call their own witnesses, they limited the cross examination that the Republicans could conduct in the hearing and most bizarrely the democrats allowed their witnesses to cross examine other witnesses in some cases on the same day. In short the investigation and hearing run by the democrats was about as bent as possible. Then it all came to a sudden stop because they knew they had to get something to the Senate before Christmas if they were going to make an impact on the presidential campaign this year. The theory being to clear Trump out of the way leaving the Republicans with little time to find a suitable replacement.

We then had the great pomp and circumstance of Pelosi standing grim faced in front of the HoR stating that Trump should be impeached to save US democracy and the vote was carried by the majority democrat presence in the HoR and then....nothing, for weeks and weeks. Why was this? It was because the democrats realised as everyone had been telling them all along, that they had nothing and the majority Republican Senate was going to kick this thing out in very short time.

The democrat leader in the Senate (Chuck Schumer) then spent time trying to negotiate the terms on which the Senate would proceed with the Impeachment Trial, the Republicans were having none of it and it was determined that the exact same process as used with Bill Clinton should be adopted, after all, if it was good enough for a democrat president it should be good enough for a republican president...right?

This meant that there would be no witnesses unless the senate felt by majority vote that their should be witnesses called after hearing the opening arguments. What appears to be the case is that the democrats had not revealed their whole hand during the hearing in the HoR and they had other stuff "bombshell revelations" that they wanted to keep back to unleash in the Senate Trial. Unfortunately, they never got the witnesses they wanted in the Senate trial and in any case any evidence not disclosed during the HoR hearing and included in the Impeachment Papers is inadmissible.

The point here which you have missed entirely is that it is for the HoR and its investigation to create the full case for the prosecution which is then heard in the Senate and they vote on it as an independent body. There are no witnesses, there is no cross examination, the house managers have to answer all the questions which have to be submitted in writing and read out by the officials. The case either stands or is kicked out as was the case this time. And in any case to convict and remove Trump would require two thirds to vote in favour, so it was a complete waste of time from the outset, just a spiteful smear campaign.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• You can argue as much as you like but the facts of the matter is that vital evidence was not allowed

You can keep you verbal diarrhoea in your slavish admiration of Trump.it doesn't wash with me, you are wasting your time

• You can argue as much as you like but the facts of the matter is that vital evidence was not allowed

You can keep you verbal diarrhoea in your slavish admiration of Trump.it doesn't wash with me, you are wasting your time

Now now Bryan keep your knickers on.

The only people withholding evidence were the democrats. They wanted to keep their stuff for maximum impact and failed to make their case properly in the place where it had to be made which was the HoR, which is the House that they control and as they had already amply demonstrated with their three month kangaroo court, they could do what they damn well pleased in there and the Republicans had to just suck it up.

The Senate are there to independently hear the case that has already been made in the HoR and not to hear new evidence. In other words if they did have a bombshell they f***ed up by not playing it in the HoR which was the correct forum for it and nowhere else.

Even so they would need two thirds of the Senate to vote Trump out so it was as said nothing more than a spiteful smear campaign by a bunch of insane, salty libtards.

• I thought some on here might find this informative about the state of the US mainstream media.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here’s a link to the transcript

Trump Telephone Transcript

Thanks for that.

If that's the only call between them, then there is no case to answer for here. So I retract my remarks about Trump on this issue and the Democrats were wrong to impeach him. Trump made no threats to withdrawal military support, at least in that call.

• Thanks for that.

If that's the only call between them, then there is no case to answer for here. So I retract my remarks about Trump on this issue and the Democrats were wrong to impeach him. Trump made no threats to withdrawal military support, at least in that call.

The Politico website carrying that copy of the transcript also has a line by line analysis of the conversation. According to them this transcript leaves no doubt that Trump is guilty of abuse of power but like you, I can't see anything untoward.

I think that to determine that the conversation was a clear abuse of power Trump and the Ukrainian President must have had a pre-arranged code in which they were talking and that by merely mentioning Biden at all, that was enough.

I don't think there is much doubt that when he was VP Biden abused his authority and the video evidence is posted earlier in this thread, but nobody seems bothered by the blatant bullying by Biden. Instead they are much more upset by the most extreme interpretive over reach I have ever seen.

The witness testimonies were all along the same lines, "everybody knew what he meant" was said a lot in the HoR hearings, and one of the best ones was "I was told by a friend I cannot name that he was in the room with a guy who was on the phone when he heard something in the background that he thought sounded like somebody he had never met talking about investigating Biden and he's pretty sure that Trumps name was mentioned...yeah it was, I'm sure...thats what happened".

...And that guy who thought he heard something was the whistleblower, whose name is all over the internet is a known Democrat activist, which is why the democrats were desperate to keep a lid on his identity.

• The Politico website carrying that copy of the transcript also has a line by line analysis of the conversation. According to them this transcript leaves no doubt that Trump is guilty of abuse of power but like you, I can't see anything untoward.

I think that to determine that the conversation was a clear abuse of power Trump and the Ukrainian President must have had a pre-arranged code in which they were talking and that by merely mentioning Biden at all, that was enough.

I don't think there is much doubt that when he was VP Biden abused his authority and the video evidence is posted earlier in this thread, but nobody seems bothered by the blatant bullying by Biden. Instead they are much more upset by the most extreme interpretive over reach I have ever seen.

The witness testimonies were all along the same lines, "everybody knew what he meant" was said a lot in the HoR hearings, and one of the best ones was "I was told by a friend I cannot name that he was in the room with a guy who was on the phone when he heard something in the background that he thought sounded like somebody he had never met talking about investigating Biden and he's pretty sure that Trumps name was mentioned...yeah it was, I'm sure...thats what happened".

...And that guy who thought he heard something was the whistleblower, whose name is all over the internet is a known Democrat activist, which is why the democrats were desperate to keep a lid on his identity.

Clearly, Trump wanted "dirt" on Biden and that was his "indirect" request to the Ukrainian, but I thought this whole hinged on whether Trump threatened to withdraw military support to Ukraine if the Ukrainians didn't find the dirt. There is no mention of that in the transcript., so I reckon that's the end of the matter.

• I've just deleted 23 off topic posts here. :cursing:

Worse, I notice a mod instruction was issued yesterday by Heero and ignored by everyone. If that happens again while I'm online and I notice it, then everyone who ignores the mod instruction will get a automatic one day ban. No exception.

This topic is about Trump's impeachment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!