DS Forum far to many professional offence takers.

• What is it with some of the FMs on the DS Forum I am sure they only go on there to find something to take offence at, do they have a daily quota that they have to fill or what?

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• What is it with some of the FMs on the DS Forum I am sure they only go on there to find something to take offence at, do they have a daily quota that they have to fill or what?

I don't know how old you are, but I think it's a age think, although perhaps that's being too sterotypical.

DS as it is now, is very reflective of today. Vain, politically correct, no sense of humor. I will try to protect things here, but I guess that depends on who comes here!

You're most welcome, by the way! Please spread the word about this forum.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Not so sure about it being a age thing just someone being an cry-baby and their little bunch of forum buddies jumping on the bandwagon to join in.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I don't know if you were at the beginning of DS Ron or before that with its predecessor sites, but it was just a anorak site for us saddos to talk and whine about the BBC license fee, Sky, cable tv etc.

I think since the Hearst takeover, it's been about click bait, big brother etc and clearly that attracts a certain type of people. Look at the amount of posts and views that their Big Brother and their other celeb/reality forums gets... It used to be my forum home, but not anymore, I have a new one! ;)

• Oh well looks like I have been banned from there I can't log in, they haven't even give me a reason.

• I was banned for spamming, I wasn't told either. What do you reckon you did?

• I posted on a thread yesterday saying I hadn't heard of someone and had about 3 or 4 FMs on my case saying I was being insensitive and offensive it was quite bizarre to say the least, so I guess I got reported for that.

• Just been banned for saying Diane Abbott had something of Jabba the Hutt about her , I suspect the resident lefties are behind it , shame they don't know my other alias's though:) , a good forum now ruined by the professionally offended and over bearing know alls.

• Welcome Nigel! 8)

Come here instead and sod them. I got banned for spamming, I don't know if you saw my "ads" or not, but they never even told me I was getting banned. I've been a member of DS since before it even became DS, it was originally separate sites that merged together.

My media section here is severely lacking at the moment, but I hope to build it up as I've been concentrating on politics and my gardening thread. :)

As long as you use "common sense" you can say what you want here. Although the use of the phrase "final solution" has caused a bit of a debate on the LBC/Katie Hopkins thread. Please go and have a look at that thread and add to the debate if you wish.

If you get a chance Nigel, please introduce yourself in the welcome forum and I'll give a formal politically correct welcome! :p And why not show your stuff to the world by uploading a pic for your profile too.

• There seems to be lots of posters on forums who seem to think that they have the right not to be offended. To cut a long story very short, I put on a light hearted quip about the Scots legendary meanness on one board. To my great amusement, this has been classified by an irate Scot as a racist tirade and we've been batting back and forth for about 2 weeks now. Great fun.;)

• Morgan, I can't quite get my head around this "right not to be offended" thing. Does it mean you don't have a right to be offended if someone offends you, or you do? Putting aside the act that some people will and won't be and that is just life.

Is there also a "I have the right to defend myself by going for your jugular" law? That's the one I always opt for. (As you know ;))

• The thing about DS is that someone will post something and then you get someone else claiming it's offensive or whatever and they will start insulting the person they have been offended by and then you get bandwagon jumpers joining in also hurling insults at the OP, it's like some people see something they are offended by and rather than debate why it's offensive they just hurl insults in an attempt to shut someone up.

• Twitter is the same Ron.

This forum is relatively new, but I don't know what I can do to prevent it here apart from ignore people who say they are offended unless they have a real genuine reason. It seems to be the "thing" of today that people not only get offended for themselves, but they get offended on behalf of someone else too.

• I agree with you, H, that it all depends on what is said. If you have a troll on your hands, it's easy to spot by the awful smell that dogs its every attempt to annoy people. Ordinary banter isn't the same and if the offence is based on purely politically correct policing, then tell the self-appointed policeman to go and pee in its helmet.

We had one of these infuriating creatures on a forum, now defunct, and its behaviour became intolerable. It used the negative reputation feature to try to control its personal enemies, but it was too shrewd to get itself into trouble and preferred winding up those who didn't fit into its little bubble. If you upset its apple cart by questioning its fellow travellers you became its target for life. I did a cartoon of it once and it got all hyper and its supporters told me I was going to hell.

• Sshhh, don't mention travellers LW, that's not PC you know...

It is not permitted to use the term traveller in any part of this forum as it could cause offence. ;)

Instead, the term "persons who are mobile" should be used instead of the offending word. There, much easier...:p

• I suppose the "P" word is also blasphemous, and the "G" word. Have you noticed how people can call Anglo-Saxons anything they like? Including the highly offensive term "mongrel race".

• As far as I know none of the PC brigade can have any quarrel with the word gypsy, which is a nice word. Not that we have any of our English gypsies anymore as there was a corporate takeover many decades ago and the pikeys (the Irish gypsies) moved in instead. Most of our English gypsies became settled communities, in fact I cannot think when I last saw a gypsie, the English kind that is. The Irish kind, I encounter frequently...:(

• .... first time I've ever seen the word. Had to look it up:

diddycoy
    Originally a Romani term of respect (dadika) for an older person, this has come to mean (in UK English) a Gypsy or traveller who is not of pure blood. The insult is therefore compounded, not only does this person have the negative qualities that prejudice has associated with travellers, but they are also of suspect descent, doubly damned.

I'll just stick to pikey. I'll never forget that.

• We do have some Romani gypsies in my area. They tend to flood shops, ie they will go into a small shop and they'll be 10-20 of them, for purposes you can easily guess. But never heard of that diddycoy term before.

• The old English gypsies were harmless, a word we used for them which has now fallen out of use was tinkers, and it was a term of endearment, not abuse. The tinkers were always involved in fixing broken things, so if you had a motorbike you couldn't afford to get fixed, you could take it to them and they would sort it out. Hence the term tinker, they would tinker with things.

They were also heavily involved in the scrap metal trade and would always come round streets on a Sunday with their bell looking for scrap metal. They were also very religious. They got pushed out by the pikeys and even the Romani travellers are involved in the scrap metal business now, as well as other kinds...

The first time I saw a "train" of gypsy caravans, I was amazed. All horse driven, everything gleaming, including the horses, very impressive and very exotic. During the summers, the tinkers would generally be involved with fairs and carnivals as that allowed them to move around while earning money.

Anyway, enough of the past, lets get back to the professional offence takers on DS and other places. Haven't been on Twitter in two weeks now, can't say I'm missing it! Although for the future of this forum, I do think I need to use it a bit.

• I only got a twitter and facebook account to promote this forum. Hate them. Too much of the "offended" brigade on them that ron talks about.

• It's hell on Facebook. A combination of religious burblings and how to be a better person by slobbering all over political correctness. And now they have lost interest in stills and are going for videos of this bull, your Facebook experience is more boring than a drilling machine. I am amazed Facebook is still going. Don't these folk ever get tired of posting and reading tripe?

• I've only set up a account on Facebook, so not really used it yet. I've got that to look forward to!