Kraft drops Unilever bid. The disgusting brown stuff is safe!

• Kraft Heinz has said it has dropped its plan to buy Anglo-Dutch rival Unilever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39022692
    ==

Between these two companies, they would've pretty much of made most of the Uk's main consumer brands. A merger too far and I'm glad it'd not going to happen.

How does anyone benefit when mega mergers happen creating only a handful, if that, of companies in any given sector?

• Thank goodness for that! I was afraid the disgusting brown stuff would either vanish from the market or get changed the way Kraft utterly ruined Cadbury's chocolate, which now tastes like sludgy fudge.

Edited once, last by Horizon: replaced racist word ().

• They managed to do the dirty to Cadbury's, both the workers and the chocolate. Kraft make Dairylea products. All you need to know.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I used to eat slabs and slabs of Cadbury whole nut and Top Deck (smelling salts, please, it has fainted with deep joy).

And then the stuff started tasting like sludgy fudge. At first I just told myself I was imagining it, but you can try and fool yourself for only so long before your little voice begins stridently to insist that Cadbury slabs as you knew them are dead.

I stopped eating Cadbury's. I have switched to Bakers Romany Creams instead and now shovel down packets of those instead of giving Cadbury Mr V's hard earned cash.

I miss the old choccie bars immensely. :(