Harry Dunn death

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51103190

Boris' comments have angered the parents and they state further down in the article that they will initiate a campaign including blockading American bases if this woman isn't extradited.

There are thousands of American military and intelligence personnel in this country and we assume that they are here to help ensure our security as well as that of their own country, but if they can kill our citizens at will, what is the point of them being here?

If the blockade of the bases does happen later in the year, this could lead to a massive spat between America and ourselves just at the time when we're trying to do a trade deal with them. I feel the Twitter-in-chief will not react at all well to this.

• Boris' comments have angered the parents and they state further down in the article that they will initial a campaign including blockading American bases if this woman isn't extradited.

Boris was just answering realistically. If the USA won't surrender this woman there is precious little that can be done to force the situation. As for demonstrating outside US bases in the UK: That is all they'll be allowed to do. Anything else, like trying to stop movement on or off the base and PC plod will cart them away.

It'll be a futile as Greenham Common.

It's tough but that's the way it is.

• Harry Dunn is survived by a twin brother

Who is financing this couples campaign? Trips across the Atlantic, an American lawyer/representative, and plentiful time to appear everywhere

• This is a good time to highlight my constant attempts to show how the MSM operates (this is not OFF TOPIC)....

why is it every newspaper and every news outlet has covered the pathetic non story about the Royals in dire straights because one of them and his brown skinned wife want to move to Canada?? to live in absolute luxury. Surely the death of Harry Dunn with his killer protected by convention/law should be all over the media. This is a very serious matter.

Think about it: A woman, through negligence, kills your child and flies home to her country and is untouchable?? The only way to challenge the powerful is through the MSM informing people.

• Who is financing this couples campaign?

Don't know, presumably themselves up until now, but if the trips continue to America (they've only done one that I'm aware of) then yes, they probably would need to get some outside financing.

It's tough but that's the way it is.

Depends how much they escalate things.

• This is a good time to highlight my constant attempts to show how the MSM operates (this is not OFF TOPIC)....

why is it every newspaper and every news outlet has covered the pathetic non story about the Royals in dire straights because one of them and his brown skinned wife want to move to Canada?? to live in absolute luxury. Surely the death of Harry Dunn with his killer protected by convention/law should be all over the media. This is a very serious matter.

Think about it: A woman, through negligence, kills your child and flies home to her country and is untouchable?? The only way to challenge the powerful is through the MSM informing people.

Racist

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51160840

It now turns out that there have been two further incidents with American military/intelligence personnel driving on the wrong side of the wrong near military bases. In one incident last October, they "bumped" into a police car.

How much longer will it be before they kill another person?

• I think they need to move this base, if our enemies did not know it was there they will now

It must be difficult to arrive to work here and suddenly have to drive on the other side of the road,perhaps they need some training

One of my best friends was driving his motor bike past an American base in the East Midlands when a car pulled out of the base straight into him. He was in a coma for ages, and this was in a private London clinic because his father worked on the local Rothschild estate - he paid the bill. He eventually had surgery and a silver plate inserted into his skull, he lived all his life afterwards with a permanent headache

The police went to arrest the American, initially they tried to deny it had happened but presented with witness statements they claimed he had returned to the States

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51168822?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics&link_location=live-reporting-story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51188769

The local police are going to fund training courses to teach US personnel at the base how to travel on the correct side of the road. Should they be paying for that, or even more simply, shouldn't they just drive on the correct side to begin with?

• These parents seem to have an open door access to GMB

Since their son died there must have been plenty of others who died in tragic circumstance but we don't see their relatives constantly complaining

I think they are politicising their sons death, they have become the new McCanns

• GMB??

Loads of people are obviously killed in tragic circumstances, but most of them aren't killed by Americans who then claim diplomatic immunity.

Good Morning Britain

It doesn't matter who killed anyone, if you are dead you are dead

• Indeed, but we don't need foreign military or intelligence personnel helping to raise the body count.

The only relevance of that is that she was able to swiftly leave the Country, and there is no chance of her ever coming back

All this attention to the mother is just making things worse for her

• The point is, they're here at our invitation and supposedly to protect us. If they then mow down and kill our people with their cars, I don't see how they are fulfilling the reason for them being here and perhaps they shouldn't be here at all.

You don't think much of our shared intelligence services, and the need for them?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!