Communism. Could It Have Worked?

• If everyone had stuck to the rules, could communism have succeeded over capitalism? Could it still, or, is it on its way out forever?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• hoxton_hockler replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Communism needs everyone to be in support, otherwise it has to be imposed and requires an authoritarian administration. So it will only ever work on a small scale inside a capitalist society which, within the boundaries of civilised behaviour, allows people individual freedom. Even then it's flimsy.

• Little Wing replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

No thanks, too restrictive for me. I dislike most "isms" and communism is one I especially dislike after what it did to so many for so long for no ultimate benefit.

• If everyone had stuck to the rules, could communism have succeeded over capitalism? Could it still, or, is it on its way out forever?

Communism, capitalism, religion are all different ways of controlling the masses

As technology improves communication so those masses become better educated and informed, and break the control

It will spell the end of people like the fat controller in N Korea

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Russia replaced the imperialist Tsars with imperialist communism which they have now replaced with imperialist oligarchs

Whoever is in charge, nothing much passes down to the citizens other than the pals of the hierarchy

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Vietnam went for the usual communist state stupidity of collective control of the land, giving individuals a plot of land and orders on what to grow on it

It didn't work so they then gave these owners the right to grow whatever they wanted, most opted t grow coffee with the result that Vietnam is the worlds biggest exporter of coffee

A practical lesson in how capitalism works better than collectivism

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Post by bryanluc ().

This post was deleted by Horizon: cleaning up thread ().
  • Post by Horizon ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: cleaning up thread ().
  • Post by bryanluc ().

This post was deleted by Horizon: cleaning up thread ().
  • Vietnam went for the usual communist state stupidity of collective control of the land, giving individuals a plot of land and orders on what to grow on it

It didn't work so they then gave these owners the right to grow whatever they wanted, most opted t grow coffee with the result that Vietnam is the worlds biggest exporter of coffee

A practical lesson in how capitalism works better than collectivism

Just cleaning up this thread after that bot, but never noticed your remark before. I never knew that about the coffee growing, most interesting.