Racism From Football Supporters

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Shocking scenes in the England/Bulgaria football match tonight with obscenities and gestures from the Bulgarian supporters

UEFA has a three stage protocol to deal with this, and the first two stages have been implemented

One more and the final stage is match abandonment

There is plenty pf money in the football world, they should use some to have enough police/stewards to watch for these ignoramuses, and evict them

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "'I'm no racist': Army veteran Manchester City fan, 41, arrested over claims he made monkey gestures at United star Fred says: 'It was me putting my hands in my pants'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…r-Fred-family-man-40.html

Yeah, you can see he's just putting his hands in his pockets

I bet any money he's a lieutenant in Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon's racist mob

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I don't agree with pelting players with missiles. That is barbarous and dangerous. I think the other stuff is just being too precious.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• I don't agree with pelting players with missiles. That is barbarous and dangerous. I think the other stuff is just being too precious.

It's just racism, time methinks to start locking the culprits up

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• You can't lock someone up for making noises. For throwing missiles, you can fine them or kick them off the terraces. Prison is a punishment that is handed out to everyone for the slightest misdemeanour. It's nuts.

• You can't lock someone up for making noises. For throwing missiles, you can fine them or kick them off the terraces. Prison is a punishment that is handed out to everyone for the slightest misdemeanour. It's nuts.

Why not?

Making noises like monkeys is just as hurtful as a missile

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Yes, but not as serious. Ridiculously well paid footballers and other celebs should just count their riches and think of how lucky they are by comparison with the thugs and losers who are shouting abuse from the stands.

• :D No, it isn't. I'd take hurt feelings over a broken bone or concussion. Nobody goes through life without receiving hurtful comments.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It's fashionable to be able to go public with a little mantra they have given you to chant about how much you hate those who do whatever is politically incorrect. "Me too," and all that bull.

• "What does the Race Relations Act do?

The Act banned racial discrimination in public places and made the promotion of hatred on the grounds of 'colour, race, or ethnic or national origins' an offence. ... This led to the passing of the 1968 Race Relations Act, which made unlawful acts of discrimination within employment, housing and advertising. "

If the attitude is that it's ok to make monkey noises to footballers at will then perhaps those who think as such can explain we have this Act

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• If the attitude is that it's ok to make monkey noises to footballers at will then perhaps those who think as such can explain we have this Act

Who said it was ok? It is disrespectful. Personally, I think banning them from games is sufficient punishment. It shouldn't be a criminal offence. They have taken a sledgehammer to crack a nut with this law and it is not applied equally, but is used to protect minorities only.

Equally, what's the point in having animal welfare laws, when some religions have exemption from those same laws?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Who said it was ok? It is disrespectful. Personally, I think banning them from games is sufficient punishment. It shouldn't be a criminal offence. They have taken a sledgehammer to crack a nut with this law and it is not applied equally, but is used to protect minorities only.

Equally, what's the point in having animal welfare laws, when some religions have exemption from those same laws?

Animals are a religious belief, racism in football or in life is just that - racism

I see no reason to excuse these hoodlums, various suggestions have been made but still it continues. To my mind the only answer is tougher sentences including prison or perhaps massive fines

This has been going on since the 50s, the B&Bs with the "No blacks, no Irish etc". It is a disgrace on a supposed civilised society

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Animals are a religious belief

Eh? Where is the 'religion' in wanting animal welfare laws to be respected?

I am the old fashioned type who believes that laws should be applied equally to all, irrespective of race or religion. One country, one set of laws!

• Eh? Where is the 'religion' in wanting animal welfare laws to be respected?

I am the old fashioned type who believes that laws should be applied equally to all, irrespective of race or religion. One country, one set of laws!

You should live in N Ireland, such beliefs would be welcome there

Is this indicative of your vision of post Brexit Britain?

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I have been attending football matches since the early 70s and have had a season ticket at Spurs for the past 21 years. For a number of reasons I am giving it up next season. The primary reason is the sterile atmosphere at the stadium, and believe me, it's not just the Spurs stadium. In actual fact, the more successful the club, the worse the atmosphere, Man Utd and Liverpool being prime examples. For years we had lists of amusing songs that would get under the skin of opposing players, and yes, some of these would now be considered racist. Up until a few years ago we used to sing about Adebayor's father washing elephants, but now the same song would get someone banned for life.

On Sunday a member of the crowd made a racist remark to one of the Chelsea players whilst he was collecting the ball. OK, a bit daft, but for heavens sake, it's not the end of the bloody world. These guys earn millions of pounds a year, and I am sure there are endless amounts of black guys who would be happy to take abuse week in and week out, just to earn a fraction of what these guys earn. It's not the world that has gone crazy, it's the UK. Football federations around the world look at us and think we have gone completely potty. Snowflakes are telling us that racism has got worse, but it hasn't, people are becoming oversensitive and losing their spine.

Long Live Rich People

• Perhaps.

My ex-scum neighbours are West Ham supporters and were just teaching their young children to thrown banana skins as they moved out... Thank god.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If I had morons continually making comments about my race, sexuality, or appearance I would be very offended no matter what I earned or did. I would expect the authorities to do something about it

Football clubs are awash with money, they should employ more stewards and perhaps offer bounties to the supporters to shop the offenders. They must know who they are

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• If I had morons continually making comments about my race, sexuality, or appearance I would be very offended no matter what I earned or did. I would expect the authorities to do something about it

Football clubs are awash with money, they should employ more stewards and perhaps offer bounties to the supporters to shop the offenders. They must know who they are

LOL. 62000 supporters would therefore require 62000 stewards. Your obviously very sensitive, I will have to be careful.

After hours of CCTV examination there is no evidence that a crime was committed. One theory could be a person may have been coughing, or making a similar noise. My guess is that the player was time wasting. Watch this space, a new opening has been created for players to cheat

Long Live Rich People

• LOL. 62000 supporters would therefore require 62000 stewards. Your obviously very sensitive, I will have to be careful.

After hours of CCTV examination there is no evidence that a crime was committed. One theory could be a person may have been coughing, or making a similar noise. My guess is that the player was time wasting. Watch this space, a new opening has been created for players to cheat

Nothing to do with sensitivity, it's to do with respect

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I have been attending football matches since the early 70s and have had a season ticket at Spurs for the past 21 years. For a number of reasons I am giving it up next season. The primary reason is the sterile atmosphere at the stadium, and believe me, it's not just the Spurs stadium. In actual fact, the more successful the club, the worse the atmosphere, Man Utd and Liverpool being prime examples. For years we had lists of amusing songs that would get under the skin of opposing players, and yes, some of these would now be considered racist. Up until a few years ago we used to sing about Adebayor's father washing elephants, but now the same song would get someone banned for life.

On Sunday a member of the crowd made a racist remark to one of the Chelsea players whilst he was collecting the ball. OK, a bit daft, but for heavens sake, it's not the end of the bloody world. These guys earn millions of pounds a year, and I am sure there are endless amounts of black guys who would be happy to take abuse week in and week out, just to earn a fraction of what these guys earn. It's not the world that has gone crazy, it's the UK. Football federations around the world look at us and think we have gone completely potty. Snowflakes are telling us that racism has got worse, but it hasn't, people are becoming oversensitive and losing their spine.

I agree totally.

I have no sympathy for these snowflake footballers paid more in a day than Boris earns in a month.

OK.. so what if Police officer .. prison officers sulked every time they hear some out of cinque remark.

For their pay, which is 10% below where it should normally be.

Do I condone disrespect? No I do not. Its the reaction that is wrong.

Its time these rich narcissistic soccer guys got their heads out of their backsides and collected their millions in wages with some decorum and spine.

Imagine: Constable facing anti social thug...

Thug: Fuff off you pig or i will do sumfing to ya you scum.

Constable on radio: Hello Alpha Bravo.. this is Charlie tango ... please will you come and get me this guy just shouted at me.. I think I will faint.. hurry up!!

Alpha Bravo; But you are on overtime rate? are you sure?

Teatime news..... "News coming in, police constable upset and sent home, off duty, because tatooed thug shouted at him... the Prime Minister has called for COBRA meeting"!!

I used to look directly in the eyes of the thugs and say: "OK fella I want this to go nicely but YOU make your move and we will see which one of us ends up in the back of a van"! but only when directly threatened with violence or violence was imminent. 9 out of 10 backed down.

I stopped following football the day I saw a player running for an open goal with no defenders to block him.. the player chasing him literally grabbed his shirt and pulled him back, forcing him to go down hard. This was not a tug, it was a full-on grab and termination of progress by the guy heading for goal.

After the match the news guy interviewed the manager.. it went like this:.....

NG.. "what about the player deliberately brought down running for a certain goal"

Manager: "It was worth my player getting a Yellow Card to stop him scoring"!!!

That is not sport. I know I sound fickle but thats the way I am on such matters.

• Prison officers, police officers, soldiers are paid to deal with trouble

Footballers are paid to play football, not be insulted

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• If they can't stand the heat.. For their £50.000. Per day.... God bless the poor little mights..

So in your world if your are well paid you must take whatever they throw at you

I'm glad that's not my world

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I have confronted more shite in one day than multi million £ per annum soccer players in one year. Poor little snowflakers.

• So in your world if your are well paid you must take whatever they throw at you

So in your world if your are well paid you must take whatever they throw at you

So be honest, and I mean really honest. As a person of his age would you rather be earning the minimum without "bad words" or a footballer earning £10m a year and take the occasional bit of abuse?

I am not defending racial abuse, I am merely putting things into perspective. Oh, and please take into account, the evidence indicates he is a lying bar steward anyway.

Long Live Rich People