BBC Store closes. Did you ever use it?

• Maybe people who are already paying for the BBC expect that its content should be "free" through any medium not just the airwaves.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• The argument always put by the BBC is that we pay for the programmes to be broadcast, but additional things like DVDs incur extra costs, which is why they are chargeable.

I would be interested to hear the BBC's argument about online distribution of programming though. If we pay for programmes and broadband connections and if, as many people do, they use Sky or Virgin Media to access online shows. I don't understand how the costs could be too exorbitant for the BBC to have a complete online archive of all their shows available at no additional cost to us.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• No, never used it. I dont download any bbc nonsense onto my phone either, some program or app or some such in order to use it.

On the computer the itvplayer starts up quickly, the bbcs player takes forever. They are always out of touch

Loon.

• The BBC Store was the wrong model it was too expensive.

You had to pay about £2 for one episode of a series where as you can pay £5.99 a month for Netflix and watch as much content as you want.

• No, never used it. I dont download any bbc nonsense onto my phone either, some program or app or some such in order to use it.

On the computer the itvplayer starts up quickly, the bbcs player takes forever. They are always out of touch

Although I am quite a BBC basher, I do think the Iplayer is a decent system (shame about the actual programmes), but...

The BBC Store was the wrong model it was too expensive.

You had to pay about £2 for one episode of a series where as you can pay £5.99 a month for Netflix and watch as much content as you want.

Agree, it was too expensive. But I wonder how long Netflix will prove popular if they start to have regular price rises every year, or every other year.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Never heard of the BBC so won't be missing it! Iplayer has always been fine for me but very rarely use it. We tend to record anything on BBC we want to only resort to iPlayer if a recording failed. I don't think I've ever used the ITV or C4 equivalent.

One of my daughters has Netflix, the other has Amazon Prime - Netflix is better by far. There's little any good free stuff on Amazon and, even more frustratingly, it keeps pushing the stuff you have to pay extra for! I doubt I would miss either. We have Virgin's full TV package plus Sky Cinema which is more than adequate for me.