No Tax rises say May. Do we believe her?

• Theresa May has insisted Tory tax plans have not changed after a senior cabinet minister signalled there would be no income tax increase for higher earners.

The prime minister said it was her party's "firm intention to reduce taxes on ordinary working families".

Sir Michael Fallon said in the Daily Telegraph that there would be no rise in income tax for higher earners.

But the 2017 manifesto scrapped a previous pledge not to raise VAT, national insurance or income tax.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40141470

====

Clearly, they want flexibility to raise taxes if they want. They don't want a fiasco like Hammond's last budget, so why say these things?

Are they lying?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• They will raise some taxes not long after the election, I reckon. Plus, watch the interest rate hikes too from the "independent" Bank of England once the election is all done and dusted.

• She's certainly a real politician animal. She played her cards close to the table wit Brexit and kept quiet and once the referendum result was known, she took her opportunity.