Terrorist Attack in London Bridge Area

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Come on.... this scumbag has just stabbed a load of people. And Duggan owned a gun and was a known gang member.

If you use that argument then it gives licence to kill anyone, knife carriers, murderers and so on

That is my worry that we control any tendency for trigger happies

I notice you didn't refer to the Brazilian, and Duggan by the way was unarmed as the investigation showed

• If you use that argument then it gives licence to kill anyone, knife carriers, murderers and so on

That is my worry that we control any tendency for trigger happies

I notice you didn't refer to the Brazilian, and Duggan by the way was unarmed as the investigation showed

Duggan was criminal scum who refused police orders and they thought he was armed and so shot him. Good riddance. As for de Menezes, that was a tragic mistake and I'm sure you're aware of the circumstances of the shooting, so no need to go over all that.

With London's knife crime the way it is now, I'm not sure whether I would be against police shooting knife carriers, it would serve them right, but back to today's incident and the police believed life was in danger and they acted. Should they have acted differently, in your opinion?

• Just turned on Sky News and they're saying that the attacker is a convicted terrorist, wearing a tag.... As one of the pundits on the channel just said, if he were kept in prison, this wouldn't happen. But hey ho, human rights and all that.:cursing:X(

Plenty of 'rights' for criminals, minorities and illegal immigrants. Very few for the majority law abiding public

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• My condolences. Its sad that UK and Europe in general suffers so many sunni terror attacks. I heared in news he was a terrorist and let out prison?

In Iran we too had some sunni terror attacks in the past and i can asusre you you cant win that with cuddles. I hope your society gains the strength to realy fight it.

• Duggan was criminal scum who refused police orders and they thought he was armed and so shot him. Good riddance. As for de Menezes, that was a tragic mistake and I'm sure you're aware of the circumstances of the shooting, so no need to go over all that.

With London's knife crime the way it is now, I'm not sure whether I would be against police shooting knife carriers, it would serve them right, but back to today's incident and the police believed life was in danger and they acted. Should they have acted differently, in your opinion?

With hindsight the police did the right thing in shooting dead this scumbag but my point is that at the time they knew nothing about him other than he was running round stabbing people. All they saw was a brown skinned heavily bearded man

So does this put ay risk any similar looking person who the police are suspicious of

With regard to Duggan, so what if he was "criminal scum", there are plenty of them around so does that give the police carte blanche to shoot them. What makes me more concerned is their refusal to co-operate with the subsequent enquiry, as did the Brazilian shooters (8 bullets to the head!!) who not only refused to co-operate but said if pushed they would all resign

• "A furious political row is emerging today after it emerged the London Bridge terrorist was released automatically from prison last year. Usman Khan, 28, was jailed in 2012 for terrorism offences for his part in an al Qaeda-inspired terror group that plotted to bomb the London Stock Exchange and kill Boris Johnson.The Stoke-on-Trent-based radical, along with two co-conspirators, originally received an indeterminate sentence for public protection with a minimum of eight years behind bars, meaning he would remain locked up for as long as it was felt necessary to protect the public. But this sentence was quashed at the Court of Appeal in April 2013 and he was given a determinate 16-year jail term, meaning he would be automatically released after eight years. Judges including Lord Justice Leveson said at the time when reversing the original sentence that the Parole Board was best placed to decide when he would be safe to be released from jail."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7…ces-reveal.html

This is so shocking

We have discussions on another Thread about soft sentencing, this is a prime example of how the system is so wrong

Also, this man was attending a rehabilitation conference in London, travelling from Stoke at our expense, another waste of public money. And exactly how he was able to attend such a conference in the possession of two machete type knives beggars belief

• It's wrong, because he never should have been in this country to begin with.

Here's a wiki profile of him.

So, he built a Kashmiri terrorist training camp and he should've stayed there and never allowed into this country. He's not British, as far as I can tell, and certainly not British in any meaningful way, so he never should've been in this country to begin with.

• What makes me more concerned is their refusal to co-operate with the subsequent enquiry, as did the Brazilian shooters (8 bullets to the head!!) who not only refused to co-operate but said if pushed they would all resign

What made me "concerned" (ie close to wanting to vomit) was that in the subsequent enquiry/hearing the Met Police Commissioner (a Mr Ian Blair) defended the police action on the grounds of "Health & Safety. In the light of that, Boris Johnson, as newly appointed London Mayor, refused to endorse Blair's contract renewal and instead Ian Blair got early retirement. I got closer to wanting to vomit when upon retirement Mr Blair was given a peerage

• Learning Together: being, belonging, becoming

Drs Amy Ludlow and Ruth Armstrong

Prison-based education, in the sense of bringing students from outside and within prison together to learn alongside one another, has a long British history. However, its practice in the UK over the last twenty years had declined, while the practice in the US has accelerated, through the Inside-Out programme".

"Learning Together" is such a nice phrase. Ahh....I am sure Khan did a lot of learning, being, belonging and becoming, just before he plunged his knife into his victims.

For those that have not seen the news yet, Khan was attending a event called Learning Together to discuss rehabilitation of offenders hosted by Cambridge University at Fishmongers Hall right by London Bridge. So, not only was a convicted terrorist invited to one of the nicest buildings in London to have cucumber sandwiches with the luvies, but it was right by a previous terrorist attack too. What could possibly go wrong?...

• It's wrong, because he never should have been in this country to begin with.

Here's a wiki profile of him.

So, he built a Kashmiri terrorist training camp and he should've stayed there and never allowed into this country. He's not British, as far as I can tell, and certainly not British in any meaningful way, so he never should've been in this country to begin with.

I think he was born here, he's a Pakistani British

How many more sleeper terrorists are here?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!