Terrorist Attack in London Bridge Area

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • No Dutch. I am half Anglo-Saxon and half Norse. No, I don't speak any African languages, but took German for seven years at school. My mother could speak some Zulu because she came from Natal and most whiteys speak some there. One of my aunts could speak fluent Swazi because she grew up in Swaziland. Her father was an Anglican missionary, I think. Later moved to Natal. Married one of my mother's brothers. I don't think many modern British know how many of their former colonial folk lived in Southern Africa. Not only did we establish much of its early civic structures, we are directly related to you buggers and that's why we often come round to support you. Or go back "home". Same with many from Zimbabwe, Australia, , New Zealand and America. (The Canadians tend to be awfully liberal, so they are mostly whimpering with the left and aspiring to become saints.) :evil:

• Fascinating LW.

Most "modern" Britons haven't got a clue about anything, let alone "their" history, but their not really British or English anyway. Well, actually, that's unfair, some do integrate, but many do not with the consequences we are now seeing. I believe it will get far worse, before it gets better, but we'll see.

Anyway, I know all about the colonial history in SA. I watched the film Zulu with Michael Caine!8o

• A minute's silence has been honoured and a church service held in memory of those murdered in the London Bridge terror attack, exactly a year ago.

Eight died and 48 were injured by three men who drove into pedestrians, then stabbed people in Borough Market.

Their loved ones lit candles at the Southwark Cathedral service, which was attended by the prime minister and members of the emergency services.

After the one year anniversary of the Westminster attacks in March and the Manchester attacks a few weeks ago, this is the last of the one year anniversaries to mark the wave of terrorists attacks which hit the UK in 2017. If I had remembered, I probably would have gone up to London Bridge to watch the ceremony today as its somewhere I worked for several years.

Touch wood, lets hope 2018 is a terrorist free year for us.

• After the one year anniversary of the Westminster attacks in March and the Manchester attacks a few weeks ago, this is the last of the one year anniversaries to mark the wave of terrorists attacks which hit the UK in 2017. If I had remembered, I probably would have gone up to London Bridge to watch the ceremony today as its somewhere I worked for several years.

Touch wood, lets hope 2018 is a terrorist free year for us.

Well we won't be 'terrorist free' unless we get a grip of how to deal with it, instead of providing them with due process. How they must be laughing their heads off at how dumb we westerners are.

• As long as there are nutters in the world prepared to die for their "cause" we will be at risk

And I'm afraid that religion is the cause of it. I'd proscribe all religions if I could, because of the misery it spreads, and for being the cloak behind which perverts and charlatans hide.

• As long as there are nutters in the world prepared to die for their "cause" we will be at risk

I think the real nutters are those in a sovereign nation who, in the name of diversity, liberalism and the rest of that politically correct crap, are prepared to give the benefit of the doubt that nutters from nutter lands are welcome, even those whose last utterance is that "God is Great", who view Westerners as infidels and look forward to engaging with 72 virgins who await those whose favourite form of dress when shopping or concert-going was a suicide vest.

• I doubt he was a cockney...

Glad he was shot dead. Whether he was unarmed or not at the point of the shooting is irrelevant to the scale of danger he posed.

Edit: the police believe he was wearing a bomb vest and that was why he was shot. It turned out to be a fake one in the end, but he still stabbed several people.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!