Terrorist Attack in London Bridge Area

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Of course, most of them came from a Muslim country to begin with, which begs the question, why come here?

Some came to escape Muslim law, and others came to turn us into a Muslim country.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Thanks for that link Fidget. If you scroll down the news story, something familiar appears....X/X( He was released automatically from prison after serving half his sentence.

We bring all this crap on ourselves.:(

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Thanks for that link Fidget. If you scroll down the news story, something familiar appears....X/X( He was released automatically from prison after serving half his sentence.

We bring all this crap on ourselves.:(

We can't deport him because he was born here

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• The reason he was released was because his sentence was changed to fixed term instead of indeterminate and that was because of the Labour party passing the "2 strikes and out" sentencing policy with short tariffs. This sentencing method as doomed to fail and wide open to appeal and or immense pressure on the system.

You have to invest in a new system with its additional pressures.

• I gather the father of the killed Cambridge student and host of the Fishmongers Hall event was writing in the Guardian the other day saying how shocked and saddened his son would've been about all the negative press directed against released offenders. I guess having a terrorist who was never capable of reform and then hacking his son to death, hasn't changed his uber-liberal views on such matters....:(:/

• I gather the father of the killed Cambridge student and host of the Fishmongers Hall event was writing in the Guardian the other day saying how shocked and saddened his son would've been about all the negative press directed against released offenders. I guess having a terrorist who was never capable of reform and then hacking his son to death, hasn't changed his uber-liberal views on such matters....:(:/

It was the same with parents of the girl in France, killed by a refugee that she was helping. It isn't very reassuring to know some people will happily sacrifice their children in order to help raving nutjob assassins. Who else, and how many others, are they willing to sacrifice?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• The same with famous TV husband and wife stars The Bradens. ( Canadian couple who became famous in UK decades ago) They were strong liberals who were very vocal against prison as a deterrent. But... a few weeks later their home was broken into and they were tied up and duct taped and held hostage.... after they were released they converted to death penalty advocates. LOL LOL

But.. who are the people who do the restraining? who are the people who confront nasty anti-social people? While liberal do-gooders walk away??

• It was the same with parents of the girl in France, killed by a refugee that she was helping. It isn't very reassuring to know some people will happily sacrifice their children in order to help raving nutjob assassins. Who else, and how many others, are they willing to sacrifice?

If they have these views after the deaths of their own children, it is very worrying indeed.

I have always said is is not foreigners that are the largest cause for concern in the country, but extreme liberalism from some of our own population and by the way, in most cases I'm very liberal about prison reform too, just not terrorists who want to destroy us.

I know he was concerned about his son's death being politiciised

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Here's the link to the article, make of it what you will:

'Jack would be livid his death has been used to further an agenda of hate

The father of Jack Merritt, who died on Friday at London Bridge, writes that the attack has been used to reinforce the worldview his son fought against

• OK, so lets imagine they did not name the lad. Lets imagine we were not told, in the same way the MSM try to hide it is an Islamic linked attack. The fact is he murdered 2 people. He did not select his victims by name or foreknowledge. This was a random attack by a radical Muslim furthering the hatred he has against our culture.

People have the right to adopt some "hate" this is not a game, this is a serious matter from a serious threat from radical Islamist's who want revenge and want to spread their cause.

Remember - our very own MSM had a policy of NOT NAMING Islam or Muslims. The Establishment itself is the problem. Years ago we had highly trained SAS hit squads who went around shooting suspected IRA terrorists.

• The "troubles" in Northern Ireland and thus bombs on British mainland by the IRA was halted due, to a large extent, to Ni women marching and protesting in the streets by the thousands shouting . "NOT IN OUR NAME" Catholic and protestant alike.

I have never seen any Islamic group or faction or gathering publicly protest against radical Islam. The reason is because Islam is a political ideology and Muslims can not and will not be seen to oppose the "faith" or whatever it is. British culture, rule of law, traditions etc should be fully accepted by all who live here and their religion - faith - beliefs etc should be put on the back burner. It amazes me why Muslims who wish to place their ideology over and above the UK culture do not move to a Muslim country.

Did you not hear me? We fight and demonstrate against Sunni terrorism. You have a very selective view.

• Did you not hear me? We fight and demonstrate against Sunni terrorism. You have a very selective view.

So whats with the personal snidey attitude. I know why... its simply because I do NOT agree with you and I do NOT have to agree with you. You should be more mature and debate the issues.

All views are "selective".

It could be (in fact it is) that I DID hear you but I have my own opinions on the matter.

I fully understand the base difference between Sunni and Shiite. I dont argue that Protestants good Catholic bad or visa versa.... I argue that those with a voice who could have a major influence are NOT in the mainstream or forefront when it comes to speaking against radical Islam.

I have never, ever, once heard or seen a full frontal protest by Muslims who are not Sunni.... unless you are saying thousands of Sunnis march through London every week protesting against the "bad" "radical" Muslims but our MSM is not showing it?? Is this what you are saying?

Imagine if thousands of non Sunni Muslims marched through London shouting - "Radical Islam not in our name - Radical Islam brings shame, shame, shame"!!!!! Then you will be interviewed by the TV Radio shows and then you can be heard. You could say to the whole country.... "Sunni Muslims love the British Rule of Law and the British culture and we live here because of the freedom and tolerance and we totally oppose radical Islam".... in fact why dont YOU start the protests??

• Did you not hear me? We fight and demonstrate against Sunni terrorism. You have a very selective view.

You have this Forum site from which you could post instances by your section of Islam totally opposed to radical Islam. I am NOT saying you have to love Britain.. I am Irish and I speak my honest opinion about Britain, 90% is good but 10% is bad. I support your salient point in the posts on here but you have yo be honest. Truth is the way forward. I have never said killings by the IRA are justified in the manner of planting bombs on British mainland but I can see the justification by Michael Collins fighting the British and Black n Tans on Irish soil.

Now, if you are saying.... Muslims regularly attempt to engage with the British MSM to strongly oppose Radical Islam and support British culture and rule of law etc.. then thats good. I am saying I have never seen it. So that in itself is a problem.

• I think it is time to start sending these people who hate the UK home, if they were born here then the parents are probably immigrants so country of origin should be easy to determine

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I think it is time to start sending these people who hate the UK home, if they were born here then the parents are probably immigrants so country of origin should be easy to determine

Good idea reciprocated of course by sending the ISIS supporters back to Britain.

Its blinding you use "HATE" as "hate speech" is construed as having a diverse opinion.

You prefer to denounce Tommy Robinson and NOT the Muslims (sunni Muslims) who spat on British soldiers in Luton. Why do you support those vile Muslims who spit on our soldiers??

• You dont see Shia do such attacks. Never. We protest it constantly. We fight it.

Remember in 2001 when 911 happened? I was a small boy then.

Iran and USA are enemies. But our president Chatami made condolences to USA. Iran joined the alliance agaist the Taliban. It was called "Northern Alliance". Iranian secret service staff and military officials worked and fought side by side with US and UK troops in Afghanistan. Without Irans help, the Taliban would not have collapsed so quickly.

In Syria and Iraq, we did send troops and fought DAESH.

This kind of terrorism is a pure Sunni / Wahabi thing. We fight and kill them daily. What you think will change when we stand on the street in London and say we hate them? They know we hate them. They see us as worse enemies than you.

• I say, with respect.. people do NOT know. Let me give you an example: I deliberately put 2 posts on Facebook years ago to show the pathetic general attitude of British people ... (1) was about the Government stopping financial support for the disabled... many disabled people committed suicide.

(2) Heavy fines £2000 for people who allow their dogs off the lead in public parks.

I did this to show things are not as people say.

The result was... massive response to the Dog/lead thing with very angry dog owners.

Just a handful replied to the disabled thread.. and 50% of them said... "we have to pay off the deficit somehow"!!!! Meaning save money by cutting the financial funds to disabled people.

So that is an example of public awareness.

I was in the British Army as an Irish Catholic. The Irish have a highly respectable history in the British Army and I dont just mean descendants of Irish born in England.

The English are ignorant of Irish support, many just do not know, yet will align the Irish citizen with the IRA. I know from personal experience.

All I see is the tokenism crap.. Oh lets have a Muslim on TV presenting the news or a Muslim female wearing the headscarf sitting in the group of whatever on whatever TV show. You know it I know it. But as for a tour de force representation of "the good Muslims" so to speak, we are NOT seeing it. It is NOT happening.

WE live in a society in UK where a person can not honestly mention the words Islam and Muslim in the same sentence as bomb or attack??? Why??

• Here for you to know:

mali99

https://theotheriran.com/2015/…pected-a-minutes-silence/

Iran’s exceptional reaction to 9/11 attacks: candlelit vigils for the victims and 60k soccer fans respected a minute’s silence

8 Replies

“Iran’s sympathetic response to the American tragedy has been exceptional for a country under US economic siege for two decades. Only hours after the Sept. 11 attack, President Muhammad Khatami condemned it, as did Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Other officials have sent sympathetic messages, including one from the mayor of Tehran to the mayor of New York – the first public official contact between Iran and the US since the 1979 Iranian revolution. […]

More important, 60,000 spectators observed a minute of silence during a soccer match in Iran’s Azadi Stadium, and hundreds of young Iranians held a candle-lit vigil in Tehran.”

Even the most hardline Islamic clerics, who despise the United States, have been shocked into silence by the attacks. President Mohammad Khatami set the tone for Iran’s reaction with a statement that in Persian rang with deep compassion: ‘On behalf of the Iranian people and the Islamic Republic, I denounce the terrorist measures, which led to the killing of defenseless people, and I express my deep sorrow and sympathy with the American people.’ […]

Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei condemned the attacks which have been blamed on Saudi-born Osama bin Laden. […]

‘Why should Americans deserve this? That’s a sick thought. They are just ordinary people like us,’ said Massoud Moshiri, as he bought cigarettes at a juice stand.” […]

Source: Times.com | Photoessay | Iran mourns America’s dead – September 18, 2001

On Tuesday, Ayatollah Khamenei, in his first public remarks on last week’s attacks, markedly failed to brand the United States an enemy. ‘Islam condemns the massacre of defenseless people, whether Muslim or Christian or others, anywhere and by any means,’ he said, adding pointedly: ‘And so Iran condemns any attack on Afghanistan that may lead to another human tragedy.’ […]

On Tuesday, more than than 3,000 mostly young people held a candlelight vigil in Tehran for the victims of the terror attacks, closely watched by security forces.

One reformist member of Parliament, Ahmad Borghani, even went to the United States interest section at the Swiss Embassy on Tuesday with a wreath of white flowers to sign the memorial book in sympathy with the family’s of the victims. ‘This tragedy has brought the two countries closer,’ he said. ‘But the United States must not expect Iran to cooperate in a military attack — considering our past relations.’

Source: The New York Times | World | A NATION CHALLENGED: TEHRAN; Iran Softens Tone Against the United States by Nazila Fathi – September 21, 2001

“IRAN — President Mohammad Khatami condemned ‘terrorist’ attacks on the United States”

Source: The New York Times | US | Reaction from around the world – September 12, 2001

“Leaders of Middle Eastern nations, including U.S. foes Libya and Iran, have condemned the terror attacks on the U.S. […] Mohammad Khatami, the Iranian president, said he felt ‘deep regret and sympathy with the victims.’ ”

Source: CNN.com | World | Attacks draw mixed response in Mideast – September 12, 2001

“Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, a moderate who is struggling for power against the country’s hard-line Islamic leaders, expressed ‘deep regret and sympathy with the victims’ and said ‘it is an international duty to try to undermine terrorism.’ ”

Source: FoxNews.com – September 12, 2001

“And in Iran, Tehran’s main football stadium observed an unprecedented minute’s silence in sympathy with the victims. Iran’s Ayatollah Imami Kashani spoke of a catastrophic act of terrorism which could only be condemned by all Muslims, adding the whole world should mobilise against terrorism.”
    Source: BBC News | World | Americas | Islamic world deplores US losses – September 14, 2001

“Even in Tehran, where anti-American chants are all too common, thousands of people attending a World Cup qualifying match between Bahrain and Iran observed a moment of silence.”

Source: The New York Times | US | AFTER THE ATTACKS: THE VIGILS; Surrounded by Grief, People Around the World Pause and Turn to Prayer by Dan Barry – September 15, 2001

“In Iran, antipathy toward the United States was set aside as 60,000 spectators and players observed a minute of silence at the Tehran soccer stadium before a World Cup qualifying match.”

Source: Spartanburg Herald-Journal | REACTION ABROAD | World grieves along with America by Audrey Woods from Associated Press – September 15, 2001

“Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has strongly condemned the suicide terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. ‘Mass killings of human beings are catastrophic acts which are condemned’ he said ‘wherever they may happen and whoever the perpetrators and the victims may be’. ”
    Source: BBC News | World | Middle East | Iran condemns attacks on US – September 17, 2001

“Last week, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei of Iran, one of the most conservative and anti-American Muslim clerical leaders, called the fight against terrorism a ‘holy war.’ He joins a host of learned Muslims who have loudly condemned terrorism as forbidden in Islamic law in the wake of the attacks on Sept. 11.”

Source: The New York Times | Opinion | Islam and the opposition to terrorism by Roy Mottahedeh – September 30, 2001

“After news of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks spread to Tehran, hundreds of Iranians, students, merchants and housewives joined in a candlelight vigil in a downtown square. Many were crying. Three weeks later, I am still approached by ordinary Iranians, in restaurants, Internet cafes and on the street, telling me how sorry they are, and how worried they are about the ‘American war’ that is about to begin, just next door.”

Source: NBC News | Inside Iran, a nation conflicted by Jim Maceda – October 7, 2001

“On the evening of September 11, 2001, about two hundred young people gathered in Madar Square, on the north side of Tehran, in a spontaneous candlelight vigil to express sympathy and support for the United States. A second vigil, the next night, was attacked by the basij, a volunteer force of religious vigilantes, and then dispersed by the police. […]

The statement that Mohammad Khatami, Iran’s popularly elected President, made was extraordinary — extraordinary to American ears, at least. ‘My deep sympathy goes out to the American nation, particularly those who have suffered from the attacks and also the families of the victims,’ he said. ‘Terrorism is doomed, and the international community should stem it and take effective measures in a bid to eradicate it.’ ”

Source: The New Yorker | Letter from Tehran | Shadow Land by Joe Klein – February 18, 2002

“Iranian Students are calling for pro-american demonstrations, marking 9/11

A Public Call For Rememberance of the 9/11 Tragedy […]

Now, with the first anniversary of 9/11 tragedy upon us, as SMCCDI expresses its sympathy to the families of the victims and survivors of that ungodly event, and the honorable nation of America; it invites all free spirited Iranians to honor the memory of the victims of that day by gathering and lighting a candle in front of the main entrance of the Tehran university and major public squares in Tehran, and the main squares in other cities and townships, from 6:00 PM till 9:00 PM, on Wednesday 11 September.”

Source: daneshjoo.org | Post 1873 by SMCCDI Political Committee – September 10, 2002

“Finally, I’ve found a pro-American country. Everywhere I’ve gone in Iran, with one exception, people have been exceptionally friendly and fulsome in their praise for the United States […]. Iran is also the only Muslim country I know where citizens responded to the 9/11 attacks with a spontaneous candlelight vigil as a show of sympathy. ”

Source: The New York Times | Opinion | OP-ED Columnist: Those Friendly Iranians by Nicholas D. Kristof – May 5, 2004

“Ordinary Iranians have long had a softer stance toward the West than their leaders; after the Sept. 11 attacks, Iranians held a spontaneous candlelight vigil in Tehran.”

Source: Chicago Tribune | News | Contenders for Iranian presidency talk up U.S. by Evans Osnos – June 12, 2005

“In Iran, vast crowds turned out on the streets and held candlelit vigils for the victims. Sixty-thousand spectators respected a minute’s silence at Tehran’s football stadium.”

Source: BBC News | Middle East | Iran-US: Gulf of misunderstanding by Gordon Corera – September 25, 2006

“Mourners held a spontaneous candlelight vigil as thousands of people took to the streets of north Tehran chanting, ‘Death to terrorists.’ Iranian soccer fans observed a minute of silence before a match with Bahrain. Even Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei condemned the attacks: ‘Mass killing is wrong, whether it’s in Hiroshima, Bosnia, New York, or Washington.’ During Friday prayers at Qom, Ayatollah Ibrahim Amini said that the Iranian people grieved with the relatives of those killed, and the traditional slogan ‘Death to America’ was absent from the crowds’ mantras.

Source: Command Posts | Focus on: 9/11, Iran | After 9/11: The United States and Iran by David Crist – September 11, 2012

• I live in the UK. I watch bombings and attacks and gang raping by Muslims, described as .. "Asian rape gangs" ho, ho.... a racist comment if ever there was one.

The fact you show me something is NOT the same as a concerted effort by Muslims who want to assimilate and fully accept the British way of life.

Subways Sandwich outlet has around 250 branches and has a policy for 150 of them to do Halal meat only?? This is not acceptable in Britain. OK its only food but the point is clear.

• I live in the UK. I watch bombings and attacks and gang raping by Muslims, described as .. "Asian rape gangs" ho, ho.... a racist comment if ever there was one.

The fact you show me something is NOT the same as a concerted effort by Muslims who want to assimilate and fully accept the British way of life.

Subways Sandwich outlet has around 250 branches and has a policy for 150 of them to do Halal meat only?? This is not acceptable in Britain. OK its only food but the point is clear.

We kill Wahabis evry day. What more effort do you want from us?

You make a mistake. You take all from an entire global region and label them as "muslims". For the Wahabis, we Persians are not muslims. Why exactly do you want us distance from a group we have zero connection too? Which even is an enemy of us? What more distance than bombing and shooting on them do you want from us?

You know if DAESH arrests you and me. They will cut your throat and film it. And they will burn me alive and film it. We are their enemy, just as you. You get it?

• I've always understood that. The question is what to do about it.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• We kill Wahabis evry day. What more effort do you want from us?

You make a mistake. You take all from an entire global region and label them as "muslims". For the Wahabis, we Persians are not muslims. Why exactly do you want us distance from a group we have zero connection too? Which even is an enemy of us? What more distance than bombing and shooting on them do you want from us?

You know if DAESH arrests you and me. They will cut your throat and film it. And they will burn me alive and film it. We are their enemy, just as you. You get it?

• "you get it"?? You seem to have attitude. I have my opinions based on my perception of knowledge. I dont have to "get it". Go and tell the mirror. I am not your punchbag.

• "you get it"?? You seem to have attitude. I have my opinions based on my perception of knowledge. I dont have to "get it". Go and tell the mirror. I am not your punchbag.

Pot calling the kettle black

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out