What's Theresa May's Future?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I really can't see May growing a pair now and getting tough now. She doesn't seem to have any suitable candidates for ministerial changes and if she has, then no one with the ability to do the job would be stupid enough take up the poisoned chalice now and risk ending their political careers.

• Either she gets some backbone or she's out on her backside.

One can't get a backbone anymore than one can get a brain

She should be put out to graze, with a big enough pension to compensate for not getting any paid speaking engagements, and perhaps a parting gift, such as a lifetime's subscription to Vogue

• I really can't see May growing a pair now and getting tough now. She doesn't seem to have any suitable candidates for ministerial changes and if she has, then no one with the ability to do the job would be stupid enough take up the poisoned chalice now and risk ending their political careers.

You are right they are all as spineless as each other, take Boris for instance makes all the right noises to draw attention to himself then seems to back down when he is put on the spot.

• One can't get a backbone anymore than one can get a brain

She should be put out to graze, with a big enough pension to compensate for not getting any paid speaking engagements, and perhaps a parting gift, such as a lifetime's subscription to Vogue

Oohh...harsh! I take it you're not fan of hers.^^

You are right they are all as spineless as each other, take Boris for instance makes all the right noises to draw attention to himself then seems to back down when he is put on the spot.

Lets see if he rises to the top this time.

I have known there to be such a prolonged time when someone is trailed as leader such as Boris. How long has he been on maneuvers for, now??

Either he needs to step up and get on with it, or shut up.

I really can't see May growing a pair now and getting tough now. She doesn't seem to have any suitable candidates for ministerial changes and if she has, then no one with the ability to do the job would be stupid enough take up the poisoned chalice now and risk ending their political careers.

Well, if this story is true about over 40 MPs already signing up for a no-confidence vote against her, her time is not long now. If she had a "pair" as you put it, she would've sacked Boris long ago.

• This is what happens when you don't have an iron grip on affairs.

• David Davis resigns!

Brexit Secretary David Davis has resigned from the UK government.

His resignation comes days after Theresa May secured the cabinet's backing for her Brexit plan despite claims from Brexiteers that it was too "soft".

Mr Davis was appointed Brexit secretary in 2016 and was responsible for negotiating the UK withdrawal from the EU.

A Brexiteer hailed his resignation as a "principled and brave decision".

This post is a direct follow on from this thread:

Plot to keep UK in customs union and water down immigration and border controls

I've posted the news about DD's exit in here, as I suspect this maybe the start of the beginning of the end for May now. Although, we've all said as much before more than a year ago, and she's till going.

If you have not already voted in the poll at the beginning of this thread, please do so if you can.

So, back to the subject again. What's May's future now in light of Davis resigning? Will Boris be next? Will they link up with Reece-Mogg and try to oust her?

I don't think any Brexiteer is happy with the events of last week, but will the Conservative Party have the balls to get rid of her and risk Corbyn getting in? If they don't get rid of her, this wound will just fester and fester and fester.

I said in my last post in the customs thread, that after the Chequers meeting, why were the likes of Boris etc still going along with all this madness, didn't any of them have any balls. Now we have an answer, one of them does! Kudos to David Davis.:) I see slimy Gove is giving May his full support.:thumbdown:

I'd be quite happy for DD to be the next PM. Would you?

• I did read somewhere that Boris made a comment about what May was doing over the Brexit deal was akin to polishing a turd or somthing like that, it made me chuckle. ^^

• She has succumbed to the remainers and is trying to whitewash the betrayal as being a good deal for Brexit. You can deceive the electorate once, but she's tried it too often now. Like most politicians, she is dishonest and untrustworthy.

Politicians got us into the EU. It's now their job to get us out, otherwise stop taking our hard earned taxes!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I've yet to find anyone even attempting to analyse Chequers' specific offered deal for leaving the EU. It's typical of most of today's media and politicians - and the public at large - to respond to facts (such as they are) with opinion. This is Britain today, a land of feelings and posturings. Let me have a stab at analysing Theresa May's response to Davis' resignation letter, obvious written by what Boris Johnson would describe as a "polished turd", brought in to represent our unpolished turd of a prime minister.

1. Leaving the EU on 29 March 2019
    Yeah, maybe. Or maybe not, where we instead decide at the 11th hour to remain and withdraw Article 50 (always assuming the EU will go along with that - it's said to be a legally grey area). If we stay Britain will forever be viewed by the EU as a bunch of ignoramuses to ignore in the future even more than it has ignored Britain to date.

“2. Ending free movement and taking back control of our borders.
    We always had enough control but never the resource or gumption to exercise it. So I would contend that this point is for the most part unrelated to the EU and by raising it we are waiving a rag at a bull and generating an argument which can be glossed over - everyone knows by now that border control and free movement is going through a process of re-examination and revision, so why a fight with the EU by being so clumsily categorical on this fluid vexed issue?

“3. No more sending vast sums of money each year to the EU.

I'm sure there will be associate member fees in the unlikely event that the EU chooses to accept the deal being offered by Britain.

“4. A new business-friendly customs model with freedom to strike new trade deals around the world.

No one knows what this customs model is, least of all Mrs Turd and certainly not the EU. As for these new trade deals between Britain and non-EU countries, are these to be without compliance and sanctioning by the EU? I doubt it. In lumping together these two key factors (customs and non-EU trade deals) and expressing them in such a vague and lofty way, I suspect Mrs Turd is trying to con us or promote a wild aspiration as a reality, where she, or at least her Spitting Image cabinet of vegetables, knows it will be laughed out of court by the EU.

“5. A UK-EU free trade area with a common rule-book for industrial goods and agricultural products which will be good for jobs.

This is just euphemising a restriction of trading within the EU, which could force Britain to produce 2 standards: (a) one for the EU and (b) one for the rest of the world where a competitive price counts for more than an EU rule book contrived for a cartel of Germany and France and a few others

“6. A commitment to maintain high standards on consumer and employment rights and the environment.

A Motherhood and Apple Pie platitude. Does Mrs Turd think that anyone outside of an insane asylum wants Britain to maintain low standards on these 3 issues?

“7. A Parliamentary lock on all new rules and regulations.

It is many of the current rules that have been straitjacketing Britain. Granted, we can refuse the new rules and regulations but the consequence is blindingly obvious: it will impede trading with the EU for those products and services that don't comply with EU's new rules and regulations. In other words, we can refuse to comply and the EU won't bomb us or fine us, they will simply refuse to trade with us on non-complying good and services. It is hard to imagine how anyone but Mrs Turd truly thinks this point is a deal breakthrough

“8. Leaving the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy.

Again, as with item 7, we can leave whatever bits of the EU we like, but it will always take two to tango, and therefore the consequence will be closed doors or disputes in these trade areas.

“9. Restoring the supremacy of British courts by ending the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the UK.

This is not going to stop Britain's higher courts from seeking an opinion from the European Court of Justice in instances where it is ambiguous or controversial. Much of the law strives to be international these days.

“10. No hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, or between Northern Ireland and Great Britain.

As Tommy Cooper used to say: "just like that!" Or as Mrs Turd might say while thumbing through Vogue's Autumn fashions: "don't bore me with the details". Or as Northern Ireland might say: we'll give you our vote once we know what the f--k you're talking about ......but it might cost you and extra billion".

“11. Continued close co-operation on security to keep our people safe.

It's hard to imagine that the EU would want to end that mutual cooperation with a non-EU state. That said, I'd be fascinated to know the extent to which the current cooperation with the EU improves our homeland security

“12. An independent foreign and defence policy, working closely with the EU and other allies.

Is Nato restricted to EU member states? I don't think so. The question is whether Nato's ability to make decisions exists in reality quite as well as it does on paper. I fear decision-making across Nato members will be as dynamic as the UN, ie sclerotic. Besides which, Britain already has an independent foreign and defence policy, regardless of whether in or out of the EU. So this is just another bullshit item on Mrs Turd's list.

It's hard to imagine the claptrap of vagaries on this list, also peddled by Michael Gove on the Andrewr Marr show interview, will be presented to the EU as (yet-another) starting point for negotiation. It's even harder to imagine the list, along with Mrs Turd, won't be flushed down the toilet.

Sorry for maligning our esteemed leader. Within the first two weeks of this so-called "safe pair of hands" being made Prime Minister, I thought she was a cross between Darth Vader and Chauncey Gardner. But I was wrong. She's worse than that

On a lighter note .....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article…RAIG-BROWN.html
    (this is my favourite, which within 2 months of May becoming PM, sussed her 100%

Also ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article…heresa-May.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article…ans-Brexit.html

• No doubt we will only get the deal that the EU wants us to have that is abundantly clear.

That has always been clear. What hasn't been clear, up to now, is whether we would leave with no deal, or just roll over and take whatever crap they give us.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Boris Johnson has resigned as Foreign Secretary amid a growing political crisis over the UK's Brexit strategy.

He is the second senior cabinet minister to quit within hours following Brexit Secretary David Davis's exit.

His departure came shortly before Theresa May began addressing Parliament about her new Brexit plan, which has angered many Conservative MPs.

How can she carry on now?

Don't forget Michael Fallon, Priti Patel, Damien Green and I'm sure I've missed some, have already left her cabinet and now another two have gone.

She is a lame duck. Plain and simple.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!