New York Times says of Britain - " The nation is reeling."

• I was just about to make the same comment as Piers Morgan was talking about this a little while ago on ITV.

As he said, during WW2 there were thousands of bombs dropped which was a diaster. This attack is bad and if it keeps happening, it is terrible for those caught up in it. But its nothing like WW2. London (or Manchester) are not on their knees.

I'm not on my knees, I'm sitting down typing this! I'm not reeling at all.:)

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Very few Americans get what the British are about, they certainly don't understand our humour in the face of adversity, I love the comments on that article about reeling being a type of Irish/Scottish dancing and the bloke legging it with his pint in his hand is brilliant.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Overall, I like the yanks. Been there more than once, drank than weak coffee and beer (not at the same time!) but they do see things very differently. Our humour, specifically our irony/sarcasm, they don't get.

• The trouble with all that humour thing is that it tends to be from long ago when the British really were very British and the English were just downright superior.

Things have changed and many overseas have noticed this intrusion of sickly sentiment and emotional overload. I think it makes them a little nervous as they expect the British to be as they were. In truth, most do not come across that way.

I am very much like my forebears and I found that this caused most British I came across on forum space to go for my jugular and call me a wacist. So, there is a schism there. I didn't expect this at all. It was a quite a slap in the face with a wet fish for me.

• The trouble with all that humour thing is that it tends to be from long ago when the British really were very British and the English were just downright superior.

I say nothing...;)

Things have changed and many overseas have noticed this intrusion of sickly sentiment and emotional overload. I think it makes them a little nervous as they expect the British to be as they were. In truth, most do not come across that way.

Exactly. Like this Manchester concert last night. More of the hugging and teddy bears you keep mentioning.

I am very much like my forebears and I found that this caused most British I came across on forum space to go for my jugular and call me a wacist. So, there is a schism there. I didn't expect this at all. It was a quite a slap in the face with a wet fish for me.

I've been open about this the start. I can be racist as I believe everyone can. The difference is, I wish harm to no one.

It is becoming illegal here to have a opinion on certain things, or at least express them in public. Mix that with terrorist attacks and you have a simmering cauldron which could tip over at any point.

• Yes, and when you're English the last thing you want is the boiling over of bloody simmering cauldrons. That just creates a mess and chaos and lots of thugs lurching about breaking windows and head butting everything in their path. Almost every nation knows what this is like and it must be avoided at all costs. Apart from its tendency to fill vacuums with the unspeakable, it's incredibly boring.

The thing that is missing is the cold, unsmiling rage that makes the English in particular experts at the mother of all backlashes if push comes to shove. Unfortunately, so many of us have been killed in previous utterly mad warfare that we have diminished in number and significance. Now the left/liberal alliance can jeer at us and call us bigots and we will soon not have a country to call England in any real sense of the word and an ethnicity peppered with so much interbreeding that the actual Anglo-Saxon will become a specimen in ancient discoveries of the bones of tall, warriors who were amazingly good at metalwork and establishing civilization - and bugger all else. And this upsets me more than anyone can know. So those who play at kinslaying and sentiment when there is a seriously perilous situation developing piss me off royally and their idiot banter is so annoying one could explode at their stupid myopia.

The Israeli that was interviewed by Fox on the clip you posted earlier is not wrong when he says that you deal with terrorists by showing them how angry you are and how you are not going to take any of their bullshit. The last thing you do is waltz around saying, "what terror?" and continuing to party like there was no tomorrow. That will get you killed. Psychos are not easy to scare because they lack the emotional equipment normal people have. Psychos who have been radicalised so that they can channel their psychosis into religious idealism or radical political ideology will stop at nothing and see their death at your hands, or in killing you, to be a case of holy martyrdom or folk heroism. It's hard to fight people like this because they are highly abnormal.

They, on the other hand, find it increasingly easy to attack you.