20 Hours In A Plane

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• "Australian carrier Qantas has completed a test of the longest non-stop commercial passenger flight as part of research on how the journey could affect pilots, crew and passengers.

The Boeing 787-9 with 49 people on board took 19 hours and 16 minutes to fly from New York to Sydney, a 16,200-km (10,066-mile) route."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50114049

I would have been crawling up the walls

Two hours to Spain is my limit

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• My trip to California was bad enough, but 20 hours, no thanks!

At some point, a new concord will get built. Bigger planes that can travel non-stop aren't the answer here for such long trips, the journey time needs to be cut down.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If I was going to see the rels in Australia (Perth) I would take a break in Japan. 20 hours on a plane, no thanks.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Our neighbours have relatives in Australia and regularly fly to visit

They stop over somewhere en route (could be Dubai) and have a break there which they enjoy and consider part of the trip

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out