IRA planned to attack power supply

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
    • Official Post

The IRA planned to knock out the power supply to the south east of England in the final years of its bombing campaign, a former insider has claimed.

Details are revealed in the final episode of the BBC series Spotlight on the Troubles: A Secret History.

Insiders describe a battle of wits between the IRA and British intelligence.

When the British Government refused to admit Sinn Féin to peace talks in the mid-1990s, Canary Wharf was bombed.

What is atrocious is that many of the people that carried out the IRA bombing campaign are free and even living in England, but if they had carried out this attack, it would've been devastating for the country.

Decades after the attacks on London, there is still the so called "ring of steel" around London consisting of CCTV and guards, with police carrying out ad hoc checks.

The first time I ever saw a gun was when a load of armed police carried out a surprise stop and search operation on Blackfriars Bridge after one of the attacks. They closed the bridge off and searched all cars and people going over the bridge with machine guns at the ready. A new age had started...:(

• This was the price of the Peace Deal, no prosecution of the "brothers", I'm not sure if it applied to the loyalist side - it always seems to be the IRA murderers who have escaped justice.

Just recently Ivor Bell was actually tried for the murder of the mother of ten, Jean McConville but was acquitted

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne…project-ruled-unreliable/

Some four or five years ago we flew up to London for some sightseeing. We travelled on the open top bus and hopped off at the places of interest. It seemed that they all had police armed with Kalashnikov guns

I felt very uneasy, and have never been back

• Official Post

Yes, it was literally about 30 years ago now when I saw that police operation on the bridge and I felt very uneasy seeing all the guns, never seen one before in my life, let alone seeing police with great big guns. Very unpleasant, but that became the norm. Then once the Irish terrorism died down, the Muslim variont took over ten years later.

There was no agreement with the loyalist terrorists, because they never signed up to the peace deal.

• Yes, it was literally about 30 years ago now when I saw that police operation on the bridge and I felt very uneasy seeing all the guns, never seen one before in my life, let alone seeing police with great big guns. Very unpleasant, but that became the norm. Then once the Irish terrorism died down, the Muslim variont took over ten years later.

There was no agreement with the loyalist terrorists, because they never signed up to the peace deal.

So why were the government pussy footing around the DUP to "preserve the Good Friday agreement

They always have been awkward buggers, remember "no surrender" Paisley. Mind he admitted to some interviewer that it was basically an act for the media

• Official Post

It's nothing to do with the GFA really. The DUP will oppose anything which they perceive as Northern Ireland being separated from the rest of the UK and in this case, they have a genuine reason as NI will be treated differently under Boris' deal, if it goes through.

• It's nothing to do with the GFA really. The DUP will oppose anything which they perceive as Northern Ireland being separated from the rest of the UK and in this case, they have a genuine reason as NI will be treated differently under Boris' deal, if it goes through.

But they are different with their archaic laws, anti gays for instance

• Yes think about it: An anti gay party forming part of the UK government and paid billions for doing so. "The DUP campaigned against the legalisation of homosexual acts, which it believed to be a "harmful deviance" linked to paedophilia, in Northern ..." ??

Our taxes in many billions of pounds went to the DUP to form our government -- you just can not make this stuff up.

• Northern Ireland has not had a functioning government for some years... Nothing in the MSM about this very serious matter... But LGBTQ.. every day of every week.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!