Terrorist was known to police

• The security services were facing difficult questions last night over how at least one of the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the intelligence net.

It emerged that the 27-year-old Muslim extremist known to friends as 'Abz' appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis – and was involved in a filmed altercation with police after an ISIS flag was unfurled in Regent's park, London.

He was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views.

Amid a series of revelations last night, it was claimed that a friend of the Watford-born suspect had reported him to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube.

It was also alleged that police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new…slipped-police-s-net.html

This is yet more support for the argument that known extremists should be interned until they are no longer deemed to be a threat or agree to be deported to any country which will have them. At the very least they should be held for 90 days and required to report to the authorities weekly after that. It's sheer lunacy to let these people roam the streets when we have neither the manpower or the capability to supervise them.

It's time for a rethink and to decide whose human rights are more important, the public or the extremists who are totally opposed to the west and our way of life.

• There are 33k of these people out there....

Human rights have got to be put aside, if there is some evidence of extremist behaviour, either they get locked up or they get deported. As Piers Morgan put it today, the bar has got to be raised lower to deal with these people. You can't deal with them the same way you deal with shoplifters. They're not criminals, they're scum and need to be treated as such.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The problem is you will always get someone claim the police are being to heavy handed or not doing enough whatever they do and hindsight is such a wonderful thing to bash them with.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• But if people are known to be involved with jihad conversations on the net and they are known to the authorities, they should be dealt with hard. Very hard.

Either lock them up or deport them.

Word of warning Ron, I'm very liberal on many issues, but when it comes to issues on defence and security etc, I'm very non-liberal. Is that even a word??(

• That's what they know about, or at least tell us.

And who knows how they categorise them. There may be many more of a "lesser" category not deemed worth their attention.

• But if people are known to be involved with jihad conversations on the net and they are known to the authorities, they should be dealt with hard. Very hard.

Either lock them up or deport them.

Word of warning Ron, I'm very liberal on many issues, but when it comes to issues on defence and security etc, I'm very non-liberal. Is that even a word??(

I agree they should be dealt with extremely harshly, I would opt for deporting them (somewhere like Syria or somewhere else that those ISIS scum they claim to support are) rather than lock them up at the UK taxpayers expense the other option would be to have them hung drawn and quarted.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Just going back to your heavy handed comment Ron, the police have now changed tactics because of the use of vehicles ramming people in these terrorist attacks. Just wait for the first time a drunk driver or a kid nicking a car and driving it on the pavement gets shot dead, then that's when the police will get the pressure.

• I think the solution, a "good solution" (we must be careful how we use phrases in this day and age, so as not to offend...:rolleyes:) is simple.

If anyone who is not born in the UK but gets British citizenship or anyone who is foreign and does not have citizenship, is involved in Islamist activity, they get thrown out of the country.

The activity I refer to, is not a one off stupid remark made on the street like, "I support ISIS" but continued behaviour, but it doesn't need to be too much.... If they are looking at extremist websites and they have done this several times, or been to extremist meetings, then they get deported immediately. Period. With no right to appeal. Their fate would be decided by probably a locally elected group of police leaders and councillors (with legal support) from the areas where they live.

If the foreign deported Islamists have family/dependants, including British born dependants, then they would also need to leave too. They would be given some time to settle their affairs while being monitored by security forces, but they would have to leave. If they do not leave under their own steam, then it would be done for them. It is very brutal, especially for the family members who maybe are completely innocent (ie young kids) but the rights of the many must outweigh the rights of the few.

The problem lies with those that are born here. The bar should be set higher for them, the police would need to present evidence to the courts of repeated Islamist behaviour and it would be a judge (not a jury) who would then decide based on the evidence in front of them. If the "British" born citizen is then found guilty of Islamist behaviour, they either get locked up or "invited" to leave. This would be the most tricky bit because you could not deport them officially when they are British born citizens of this country, as no other country would be under a obligation to accept them. They might not accept the non-British born citizens either, but a greater argument could be made to those countries under that scenario.

Will May do all this? Like hell she will. She may (excuse the pun) make a show of it, but that's it. The conservatives have history with dispatching leaders that they fall our of love with and so May would be replaced if continued terrorists acts were met by a non-response from government.

• I still think internment is the only answer. People like Anjem Choudary and Abu Hamza should have been locked up long before they were.

Or shot. Oops, probably not allowed to say that. Oh well.;)

• May has already said that we will stay subject to the the ECHR for 5 years and her to try to change that now when she knows very well she can't is trying people's credulity. When she was Home Secretary I used to call her Theresa May Maynot. I was gullible enough to think that when she became PM she would do something positive but I'm afraid to say it's still on the cards that she may not.

Presumably we'll simply get one of the 'crackdowns ' she was famous for announcing. I am really disappointed in her campaign too. Yesterday on the BBC news they showed her prearranged visit to a factory or whatever. Small handpicked audience, placards at the ready and her not really answering one question. Then they showed Corbyn's meeting in the open air and masses of people were literally running to get close to hear him.

God alone knows how he's managed to reduce the gap to the reported 1% in the polls.

May: I’ll rip up human rights laws that impede new terror legislation

https://www.theguardian.com/po…de-new-terror-legislation

• I don't expect her to do anything Morgan, but then as I said, if these attacks keep happening, her only backbenchers will get rid of her. If her replacement does nothing, we may get a character come along, as yet completely unknown to the public, who will deal with things.

Brexit was a warning to politicians, we're not happy. Did they listen? Of course not. Time is running out for liberal politicians. They either get off their asses and do something about all this terrorist acts, or someone less liberal will come along who will.

• Amid a series of revelations last night, it was claimed that a friend of the Watford-born suspect had reported him to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube.

It was also alleged that police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago.

Just to go back to this point from the Mail.

This is both good and bad.

It's good, because it demonstrates that Muslims don't want these scum amongst them and so report them.

It's bad, because nothing is done with these reports.

But the stand out thing here, is, someone can watch youtube videos and be so influenced by them that it turns them into killers. I don't think so. I think there were issues with them before hand and if they had integrated into British society, they would not feel a hatred for the country in the first place. The old adage that "you don't bite the hand that feeds you." They don't bite, they bomb.