Election Results: SNP diminished, Corbyn revitalised and May...

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I wasn't going to stay up and watch the election, but it's too interesting to miss....:)

At time of writing, the Conservatives are set to be the largest party but may not get a overall majority in parliament. The earlier exit poll was certain of that and now the media is not so sure. The old exit poll was 314, but the media has just announced a new forecast of 322, so that would be enough for May to survive, just. But these figures may continue to evolve before I've written this!

Labour is making gains and all talk of getting rid of Comrade Corbyn amongst the Labour MPs has fallen away.

Lib Dems - unknown at this time. But Cleggy is finished! He lost his seat in Sheffield.

UKIP - they're finished. Their votes are going elsewhere and despite what "experts" thought, many of these votes are going to Labour not the Conservatives.

But the big story of the night and it's still evolving, is what's happening in Scotland.

Scots are essentially voting on whether they want a 2nd indyref and the future of the UK. And the picture is clear, they are choosing the UK.

The SNP are getting crushed. The SNP's leader at Westminster has just lost his seat to a Conservative and the Conservatives are picking up some seats, but Labour are doing the best crushing the SNP in Glasgow.

May will return as PM and if she gets the new forecast of 322 votes she can through her agenda, just, but that is still a huge loss on what she had. But its early days and the Conservatives are picking up speed, so it may still be May's Day maybe. Ok, enough of the word May!:)

• Tim Farron just reelected, but May also just won here seat...

A very unhappy person. In effect she just said she expects to lead a hung parliament if she is lucky, but tory knifes will be out for her. May inherited a majority and it looks like she has lost it. If that is the case, I don't believe she will remain as prime minister and could even resign later today. But, these things swing, lets see what happens.

Come lunchtime, we might just end up with IRA supporting Comrade Corbyn as PM or Boris (I speak Latin and make good jokes and can't be bothered to comb my hair) Johnson as PM.

• Amber Rudd, Home Secretary, keeps her seat by just a few hundred.

Could she be a contender for PM, if the job becomes vacant?

• Oh and the other big story that I forgot, Nigel Farrage fears Brexit won't happen so will likely reenter British politics again. Obviously, no job with Trump then!

• John Curtice, BBC stats expert, says no chance conservatives can get the magic 326 seats which would give them a majority.

We will have a hung parliament, just at the time we need "strong and stable leadership"....May will regret that phrase for the rest of her life.

• What a disaster. May will almost certainly have to go. I would have thought that terrorism and immigration were the biggest issues but apparently the British are still basically obsessed with their health service, not being "divided", and getting stuff for free. As long as they are in that mindset, they will continue to d evolve down to the lowest common denominator, and in future, who knows how low that might be?

• She talked about strong and stable leadership but when she felt a bit of pressure over her social care proposals, she changed them, a complete uturn on her manifesto which was only published a few days before the uturn.

Politicians mess with the Grey Vote at their peril.:evil:

• Let Chairman May go and put some firebrand (if you have any left and they didn't all die in WWII) and let this one negotiate with Corbyn, who isn't a bad person and has a large following, to get something done about Britain.

It seems that everything always starts revolving about how much you're going to do for people who are not British, for issues that are not related to the country and nation itself and this creates a red herring to real issues of poverty, homelessness, unemployment, failing services and skills deficit. If I were the Tory leader now, I'd go straight into a meeting with Corbyn about those issues before I did anything else. Because they are issues common to all and it's the issues common to all that matter.

• Let Chairman May go and put some firebrand (if you have any left and they didn't all die in WWII) and let this one negotiate with Corbyn, who isn't a bad person and has a large following, to get something done about Britain.

It seems that everything always starts revolving about how much you're going to do for people who are not British, for issues that are not related to the country and nation itself and this creates a red herring to real issues of poverty, homelessness, unemployment, failing services and skills deficit. If I were the Tory leader now, I'd go straight into a meeting with Corbyn about those issues before I did anything else. Because they are issues common to all and it's the issues common to all that matter.

You mean Conservatives have a coalition government with Labour??

Won't happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!