Election Results: SNP diminished, Corbyn revitalised and May...

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • It's all to easy to call people stupid, the remoaners have relied on nothing else since the referendum did not go their way, it's far better to raise above that and understand that some people are just going to have a difference of opinion.

As I said, my Aunt voted Labour, as far as I know all my family members have voted Conservative in the past, a few Lib Dem/SDP voters, but no one has previously voted Labour.

I called her stupid, it was a interesting chat... I couldn't understand why she voted for someone who wants to get rid of our nuclear weapons and has always supported terrorists.

To summaries in one sentence what was discussed over an hour, her response was, as someone who is elderly and disabled, it was in her intrinsic interest to vote for the party/person who will better for her. She couldn't care less about Brexit, she cared about the centre where shes goes for elderly/disabled people being shut down, she cares about the triple lock, she cares about her electricity bill going up and no one doing anything and other related issues.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• As I said, my Aunt voted Labour, as far as I know all my family members have voted Conservative in the past, a few Lib Dem/SDP voters, but no one has previously voted Labour.

I called her stupid, it was a interesting chat... I couldn't understand why she voted for someone who wants to get rid of our nuclear weapons and has always supported terrorists.

To summaries in one sentence what was discussed over an hour, her response was, as someone who is elderly and disabled, it was in her intrinsic interest to vote for the party/person who will better for her. She couldn't care less about Brexit, she cared about the centre where shes goes for elderly/disabled people being shut down, she cares about the triple lock, she cares about her electricity bill going up and no one doing anything and other related issues.

My elderly mother will come August have the same problem the lunch club she attends twice a week is being closed down due to budget cuts by the county council that too her is the most important thing, I certainly wouldn't dream of calling her stupid because of that.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.