Is your Virgin Media bill too high?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • With the recent price rises, my monthly VM bill is getting ever closer to £70 and I think it's time to do the retentions "thing" and haggle.:saint:

I now pay £66.50 for this:

Telephone rental and Talk Weekend

200mb

2 V6s

Mix tv

This is discounted by £8, the full price should be £74 now after the price hike. Can I do better, what are others getting?

• We pay BT around £70 per month for fibre broadband, telephone and calls including international, Sky sports and BT sports

• That's quite good Bryan, considering your're getting all the premium sports there. I know you've already said it in another thread, but what speed are you getting again?

On my laptop it currently says Response time 91ms, Download 44.4 Mbps, Upload 20.8Mbps

I am supposed to get 100 Mbps but the figures I quote are because I am using wifi

One day I will get around to connecting up the cable and switching the wifi off, I always use the laptop next to the Hub

• With the recent price rises, my monthly VM bill is getting ever closer to £70 and I think it's time to do the retentions "thing" and haggle.

When I posted this last year, I only realised after posting that I was still in contract, so VM wouldn't discount my package, but I've got a new deal now.

I've lost the 200mb speeds, as I'm simply not downloading stuff at the moment. I have little time to watch tv, so no point in downloading the stuff by the bucket full.

This is what I'm getting now:

100mb

Talk weekends

MIx tv

2 V6s

All for £54.50.

Quite happy with that.

I've been told that if I want the 200mb back I should phone them up and they'll add it for £7, so I think that's really good.

• I wouldn't patronise or support the grinning inane bearded one as he lives on his private island tax haven

• He doesn't have anything to do with VM apart from he receives money from them for licensing the Virgin brand to them and he used to get paid by them when he did adverts for them. That's it. He doesn't own them or anything like that.

• He doesn't have anything to do with VM apart from he receives money from them for licensing the Virgin brand to them and he used to get paid by them when he did adverts for them. That's it. He doesn't own them or anything like that.

But he still gets money from them, not from me he won't

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!