The Endless thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Making bread today. We don't use much, mostly for toast at breakfast and I often pick up a discounted loaf from the supermarket and bung it in the freezer.

But seeing as we are out I'm making my semi-wholemeal seeded. (Sunflower, linseed, pumpkin with poppy seeds on the top)

• Check this out 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What your choice of ice cream flavour says about you:

From flirty to faithful, what your favourite ice cream flavour reveals about YOU
    CHOCOLATE ice cream lovers tend to be flirty and sensual — while vanilla fans are pure, a flavour expert suggests. Food psychologist Greg Tucker reckons which…
    www.thesun.co.uk

I like salted caramel so I'm The stylist. Casual, sleek and confident.

• Making bread today. We don't use much, mostly for toast at breakfast and I often pick up a discounted loaf from the supermarket and bung it in the freezer.

But seeing as we are out I'm making my semi-wholemeal seeded. (Sunflower, linseed, pumpkin with poppy seeds on the top)

It sounds good. I might give it a try.

I enjoy making bread using various recipes. I do them with my daughter and she's getting pretty competent in the kitchen. I taught her how to knead the dough properly (French fold and Stretch fold) and even with small hands, she's got the hang of both.

Have you made Spelt and Rye bread..? Our local baker sells a number of different flours and I've worked my way through a few of them, just to experiment.. We used to be able to get Spelt and Honey flour and that made nice bread but it seems to be unavailable now so I tried the Spelt and Rye. It makes a dark bread that is very flavourful. It's also quite a healthy bread, full of fibre. It can seem a bit heavy at first, but spread with good Cornish butter it has a lovely taste.

At the moment daughter is into cake baking and we've made a couple since school broke up for the summer. This was an offering we made for me to take into work for end of term break morning. It went down well in the staff room, nom, nom, nom.......

Home-made-choc-and-raspberry-cake-for-the-troops-at-work.jpg

Jen and Megan's Choc and Raspberry Cake..... ta daaaaaaaaaaa

• It sounds good. I might give it a try.

I use 200g strong white flour, 100g strong brown flour and 100g wholemeal. 280-300 ml tepid water, 1tsp salt, 2 tsp fast action yeast, 1 tbsp unrefined cane sugar and 1 tbsp sunflower oil. I work the seeds in after the first proving and then roll the dough in the poppy seeds.

• At the moment daughter is into cake baking and we've made a couple since school broke up for the summer. This was an offering we made for me to take into work for end of term break morning. It went down well in the staff room, nom, nom, nom.......

Yum that looks like a good cake. I like chocolate fingers. Is that Chocolate butter icing I can see there? or have you been naughty but nice and used lots of clotted cream mixed with cocoa powder.

Chocolate Ice Cream for me please. I'm a chocoholic though Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Chocolate Fudge is good unless the chocolate ice cream is rich and creamy. If I had the choice I would skip the ice cream and would prefer some some chocolate truffles full of rich ganache.

• Just saw this and went wow!:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OK folks............ I've had a good long session on here tonight. It's actually been quite enjoyable on lots of topics that have nothing at all to do with the B word.

We are off to London tonight..... we're catching the sleeper (it's our preferred way to travel to London) and we're going to visit my family for an extended long weekend visit. I haven't seen my mum since Christmas 2019 and zoom chats just aren't the same.

Meg's excited because for the first time she's got a single sleeping berth of her own on the train (more expense..!!) for the first time. She's grown since my family last saw her. They're gonna be blown away. Dad will meet us at Paddington in the morning for the long haul across London to the old homestead in Blackheath.

We're having a big family night out tomorrow at a restaurant in Greenwich (dad's paying. lol) and it is just going to be sooooooo fabby to see my parents and sisters and everybody again.

On Sunday we're meeting up with a crowd of old mates from our days of hanging out at a certain <ahem> "women only" club. We're doing the scene again..!!! Wooo hoo..!!

Just a bit of last minute packing to do. Have to make sure we have everything we'll need. And then we're off. I'm excited. I can't wait to see my mum.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!